Page 1416 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 ... LastLast
Results 35,376 to 35,400 of 46044
    Lexa eats little kitties. Tastes almost like little bunnies she says.
    We have no cats in the backyard veggie gardens, and any feline that passes through the front yard is very quick and very wary.
    The little kitty from the neighbour's (they don't seem to give it any loving) adopted our daughter, and is the only cat Lexa tolerates even a little bit. No idea were Bob the Cat shits or sprays, but so far it's not anywhere in our yard. Best of both worlds I say.

How about getting a pet Canadian lynx as revenge? That should school the neighbors cat pretty quickly. That or just get the biggest Maine coon evar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Seems to me like the combo of fence and dog is the best bet for keeping stray cats away.

2nd the hose, problem is you have to catch the little fuckers in the act to be effective.

Sorry, but I can't read this conversation without thinking of the Rappaport rant:

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Cat sprinklers. Could be a million $ idea.

Could keep out bobcats too.

If that doesn't work return the cat in a spring loaded jaw trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Cat sprinklers. Could be a million $ idea.

Could keep out bobcats too.
    https://www.havahart.com/critter-rid...sprinkler-5277

It’s already a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Cat mace works pretty good, seems to deter raccoons some as well, but needs to be reapplied often. Cats (and raccoons) are creatures of habit; if they like shitting somewhere they will just keep shitting there unless you deter them quickly.

Pellet gun deters critters and is also a ton of fun.

Name:  IMG_3079.JPG
Views: 678
Size:  58.8 KB
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Why is it ok to let a cat run loose but not a dog? In terms of damage done--ie birds killed--cats are far more dangerous. Cats should be kept indoors except in places where they are actively employed as mousers. The low estimate is 1B birds per year in the US. One of the benefits of living here is very few cats around--at least not outside.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why is it ok to let a cat run loose but not a dog? In terms of damage done--ie birds killed--cats are far more dangerous. Cats should be kept indoors except in places where they are actively employed as mousers. The low estimate is 1B birds per year in the US. One of the benefits of living here is very few cats around--at least not outside.
    I agree 100% - keep pets indoors.

Although, Kennedy the cat has been damn effective in reducing the mice around my house for sure. Zero signs of activity in the garage now, and I haven't seen any out back in the cabana or underneath the grill.

No shit this morning - maybe he found a new spot. Will totally grab some mace and that orbit sprinkler if it comes back though - thanks again as always TGR or just skiers in general are the smartest subset of population when it comes to things like this.

Kind of funny story though - I was talking to the 12 year old kid across the street last night, and I guess someone down the road had dog shit on their lawn or something, and just flicked it on the street. Well, kid and his buddy were playing some road hockey and his friend's rollerblade totally slipped in the shit and he wiped out. Got shit on him. That house has now lost it's street Teenager Protection™ which is something I work hard to maintain.

My neighbor has an outside cat that got killed by a coyote in our other neighbor’s yard. I think it traumatized the kids

I’m not sure I’d label myself a “morning person,” though I don’t mind getting up early, but I am the type that when I’m awake I’m awake and alert almost immediately. Increasingly, I’m annoyed at those who are not. Like teenagers….which I well understand is roughly equivalent to yelling at clouds. But others, too.

When it’s time to wake up and GO let’s wake up and GO….. Why do we fall back asleep 7 times and lay there for 20 minutes and…..
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’m not sure I’d label myself a “morning person,” though I don’t mind getting up early, but I am the type that when I’m awake I’m awake and alert almost immediately. Increasingly, I’m annoyed at those who are not. Like teenagers….which I well understand is roughly equivalent to yelling at clouds. But others, too.
    I'd label you a Morning Person.

Well, I just mean I don’t particularly enjoy mornings over other times of day….
    focus.

Cheered on the O's as they beat the Yankees.

Walking back to the car, we came up on two drunk Yankee bro's trying to fight a gaggle of young kids. Had to call the cops to stop the kids from thrashing the drunk bros. Jahbrones stole two of the bikes and were trying to hit children with them.

Fuck assholes who think the city is for coming to to get drunk, take a shit, and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

When it’s time to wake up and GO let’s wake up and GO….. Why do we fall back asleep 7 times and lay there for 20 minutes and…..
    i don't know how but i have recently developed the ability to reach for my phone, unlock it, turn off my alarm, and put it back on my bedside table all without ever actually waking up and resulting in my sleeping through my first class. i guess i'm gonna have to buy an actual alarm clock and leave it on my desk.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Walking back to the car, we came up on two drunk Yankee bro's trying to fight a gaggle of young kids. Had to call the cops to stop the kids from thrashing the drunk bros. Jahbrones stole two of the bikes and were trying to hit children with the..
    Dang. WTF? Was it going down something like this?

, or was it more like this?

Drunk bros swinging bikes wildly.

Kids retreated and were heading back to scene with found objects including brooms, bricks/rocks, and one of them was swinging a belt with a big buckle. Baltimore makes them tough and resourcesful. They would have won but at least one of them would have gotten thrashed by a drunk asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i don't know how but i have recently developed the ability to reach for my phone, unlock it, turn off my alarm, and put it back on my bedside table all without ever actually waking up and resulting in my sleeping through my first class. i guess i'm gonna have to buy an actual alarm clock and leave it on my desk.
    Welcome to college kid…

Classes? You go to classes? You're a freshman. What classes can't you stream online when you finally wake up? Important to get your sleep.
    BTW--the alarm clock across the room thing doesn't work. And don't you have a roommate? How are they going to feel about it?
    (Full disclosure. My kids didn't go to classes and they each flunked a course and had to go to summer school to get it off their transcript.)

My ability to walk upon a scene that I was not hoping to be involved in, and assess, and just neutralize the idiots in 5 seconds after 30 years, and just walk away, amuses me. Just like my ability to have a dialog, pull out a first aid kit, and fix some random up.

Other side of the coin I suppose. Balance, yoga, and all that shit that life teaches you.

I don't do the yogas.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Drunk bros swinging bikes wildly.

Kids retreated and were heading back to scene with found objects including brooms, bricks/rocks, and one of them was swinging a belt with a big buckle. Baltimore makes them tough and resourcesful. They would have won but at least one of them would have gotten thrashed by a drunk asshole.
    That's wild, man. Sounds like a scene from a movie. One of those moments in life that makes you go:

There are alarm clock apps that force you to do math to shut off your alarm.
    (Depending on how good you are at math, you might still have it going off at lunch.)

Fantasy / Football articles linked through the ESPN app have always been free.. until this year. Now they give you a couple of paragraphs and then a pay wall.

I get sports info from a lot of different sources, but that was always an easily accessible read.. and say what you want about Matt Berry, I've thoroughly enjoyed his columns for years.

Now I can't, and that shit Annoys me.

^ That's why the TGR exists. Go ahead and ask your sports questions in one of our many sports specific threads. What would you like to know?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Fantasy / Football articles linked through the ESPN app have always been free.. until this year. Now they give you a couple of paragraphs and then a pay wall.

I get sports info from a lot of different sources, but that was always an easily accessible read.. and say what you want about Matt Berry, I've thoroughly enjoyed his columns for years.

Now I can't, and that shit Annoys me.
    pm'd ya
    swing your fucking sword.