Page 1146 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 ... LastLast
Results 28,626 to 28,650 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Someone I know posted this on FB the other day.
    Opportunity?

Name:  lucifer1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  65.6 KB

Been doing the Wim Hof/cold shower thing for a few months now. With the change in seasonal temps lately, the cold water just got colder over the past week and now feels really cold. It's annoying.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Been doing the Wim Hof/cold shower thing for a few months now. With the change in seasonal temps lately, the cold water just got colder over the past week and now feels really cold. It's annoying.
    Try using hot water. Works every time. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Hah! Anyone can do it in the summer, sticking with it through the winter is what separates the wheat from the chaff. No shame in doing half hot/half cold as-needed.

I know he does a lot in these socks and his load is heavy at times.
    How has no one commented on this yet? This place is slipping...

Someone I know posted this on FB the other day.

I used to hate doing laundry until about a year ago when I had an amazing lady give me some great advice!

I now LOVE doing laundry- especially matching socks together!!

Why?? Because I now have turned it into a prayer time for my children and my husband.

When I reach for one of my children’s socks, I find the mate and put the two together. I then pray over my child and their future mate. ❤️ I take time to pray a protection around them, that their love would be strong for God and for each other, and that they would always honor God by putting Him first. Sometimes I don’t find the matching mate and those go into the “not matched” stack. I like to think of those as the mate my child could have been with but because of prayers- they will be matched with the right one.

Then, I match my husbands socks and I pray over him. I know he does a lot in these socks and his load is heavy at times. I pray that God would bless and lead his steps as He follows after God.

I’m crazy enough to believe that prayer works and I’m crazy enough to think folding laundry and praying can bring about crazy blessings!!

So, what are you waiting for... Go get some laundry and start praying. I believe you will start seeing amazing things for your children and spouse!
    #exstressobook #laundryprayingmama #prayinALLthings

**Thanks everyone for the shares since this posted**You can continue to follow my posts right here on Facebook at Exstresso Time.
    I do like doing my wife's undies.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Dear god! You know people like that? You need a better filter.
    unfortunately I’m related to this person but yeah, I unfollowed them
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

...I unfollowed them
    Ooh. Heartless!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I actually lasted for almost two years of him, until I had to say Fuck This, handed in my laptop and turned myself into a full time ski bum. The best decision I made in that period.
    I'm getting to that point at my job. Got a new boss a year or so ago. Seemed good at first but things have turned south. Seems unable to communicate effectively. She is argumentative and dismissive, won't take the time to understand issues as they arise, won't take the time to communicate expectations, and seldom replies to emails. When you finally get her on a phone call every conversation is full of "well why aren't you ___?" or "you shouldn't be ___" You explain things but you never have her full attention so she doesn't understand. She seems to have a very low opinion of everyone based on the passive aggressive comments that often slip out. And yeah I get the impression she doesn't think I work hard. She is pretty much insufferable to deal with. I avoid any interaction as much as possible. Fortunately she's on the far side of the country. I would have quit already but I like everyone else I work with. Not sure how much longer I can hold out though..... I'm ready for another year or two of pre-retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I'm getting to that point at my job. Got a new boss a year or so ago. Seemed good at first but things have turned south. Seems unable to communicate effectively. She is argumentative and dismissive, won't take the time to understand issues as they arise, won't take the time to communicate expectations
    Ahhh... you are probably headed toward the review that says, "Does not meet expectations"!

I got one of those, straight up told my boss, "That's fair, Dave - because I have NO IDEA what the expectations are."

He stared blankly at me like I was speaking in tongues.

I started looking for another job immediately after this.

Ha, I actually got my annual review a couple months ago. It had 4 lines on the "things I do well side" which basically said I complete my work on time and with a high degree of accuracy. You know, basically saying I do a good job. Then there were 4 hudge paragraphs under " things I could do better." Which were basically blaming me for her lack of communication: ie, I need to be more proactive in following up when she fails to read or respond to emails. She's more than welcome to fire me. It would save me the trouble of having to put in notice. I'm planning to stick around (if I make it that far) til next spring, then take summer/fall/winter off at minimum. Saving up $$ for now.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    <snip> It would save me the trouble of having to put in notice. I'm planning to stick around (if I make it that far) til next spring, then take summer/fall/winter off at minimum. Saving up $$ for now.
    Naw, man - resignations are pretty satisfying things, in my experience. The only thing better would be a layoff with severence.

When I resigned, I made sure that I did it *after* I had vested for my yearly bonus, and I contacted the HR department to find out when health insurance would lapse if I quit, and made sure that my leave-date was the first day of the month so I'd be covered while I was skiing all through February.

Satisfying. Only bummer was that particular February SUCKED as far as snowfall goes 'round here.

Shit that annoys you

People who leave gear reviews online that read similar to this:

“Haven’t had a chance to use ‘X’ yet, but really impressed with the quality/finish!”

I can say if these people decided to throw themselves off a cliff tomorrow my review of their obituary would be much more satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I can say if these people decided to throw themselves off a cliff tomorrow my review of their obituary would be much more satisfying

Reviews in general, really. Strong evidence for human devolution.

someone posts " what's the best x" and a bunch of people reply recommending the one they use, which was the only one they tried. In order to review or recommend gear you should have tried a significant number of different X's, or at least let the reader know the (lack of) breadth of your experience.. (I realize I am guilty too.)

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Work/Life balance? That’s crazy talk.
    This is a list of my e-mails from my workaholic superior/coworker. This is NOT an exaggeration:
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 3:03 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 6:30 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 11:15 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Today 3:32 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 4:45 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 6:45 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 8:16 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:08 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:22 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:42 AM
    Random coworker - 9:44 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:47 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:48 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:54 AM
    Random coworker - 9:57 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:59 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:02 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:05 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:13 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:19 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:46 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 11:20 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 12:19 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - 12:41 PM
    (gazillions more from Friday night and through Saturday too)
    And that's just ONE Inbox. She's a single (I wonder why [/s]) older lady who doesn't totally understand how e-mail works so I have about another dozen in my OTHER e-mail's inbox that's more for personal use. Ugh.... I finally sent her ONE e-mail answering her most important questions, blew of the rest, and closed saying that if the client's THIS worried about everything and if they don't wanna pay, then fine. I'll turn in my project as is and let them deal with it. Been crickets since. Time to lay off the Adderall, ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    someone posts " what's the best x" and a bunch of people reply recommending the one they use, which was the only one they tried. In order to review or recommend gear you should have tried a significant number of different X's, or at least let the reader know the (lack of) breadth of your experience.. (I realize I am guilty too.)
    ^^^ This is the problem with asking anyone to offer an opinion of a car or bike they have. It's usually an overwhelmingly positive review, because they don't have any experience with other cars/bikes/ (substitute expensive thing here).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^^ This is the problem with asking anyone to offer an opinion of a car or bike they have. It's usually an overwhelmingly positive review, because they don't have any experience with other cars/bikes/ (substitute expensive thing here).
    Also confirmation bias. “I obviously made a great decision in purchasing this product, because that’s the kind of decisions I make.”
    focus.

Bitchy emails from admins about EEO training that include words and phrases like “mandatory” and “no later than” in all caps, red font, and text that is like 5 times larger than everything else in the email. Lady needs a toke or something

Maybe I should have just simplified this to “Mondays”

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    This is a list of my e-mails from my workaholic superior/coworker. This is NOT an exaggeration:
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 3:03 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 6:30 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Sunday 11:15 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - Today 3:32 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 4:45 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 6:45 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 8:16 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:08 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:22 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:42 AM
    Random coworker - 9:44 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:47 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:48 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:54 AM
    Random coworker - 9:57 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 9:59 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:02 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:05 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:13 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:19 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 10:46 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 11:20 AM
    Ms. Workaholic - 12:19 PM
    Ms. Workaholic - 12:41 PM
    (gazillions more from Friday night and through Saturday too)
    And that's just ONE Inbox. She's a single (I wonder why [/s]) older lady who doesn't totally understand how e-mail works so I have about another dozen in my OTHER e-mail's inbox that's more for personal use. Ugh.... I finally sent her ONE e-mail answering her most important questions, blew of the rest, and closed saying that if the client's THIS worried about everything and if they don't wanna pay, then fine. I'll turn in my project as is and let them deal with it. Been crickets since. Time to lay off the Adderall, ma'am.
    What was she doing between 11:10 and 12:19? Were you worried about her? Did you send her an email saying you hadn't heard from her, and was she ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Also confirmation bias. “I obviously made a great decision in purchasing this product, because that’s the kind of decisions I make.”
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Naw, man - resignations are pretty satisfying things, in my experience. The only thing better would be a layoff with severence.

When I resigned, I made sure that I did it *after* I had vested for my yearly bonus, and I contacted the HR department to find out when health insurance would lapse if I quit, and made sure that my leave-date was the first day of the month so I'd be covered while I was skiing all through February.
    Yeah, final stock grant vests in April - that's what I'm waiting on. Should have a bonus too, but their policy is to only pay bonus if you're still employed, and they drag their feet forever getting it approved. Don't think I can hang on til August which is when they paid last year's. Layoff with severance would be nice as well.... Since I'm apparently not busy that shouldn't be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Or they don't have a clue what they're talking about, but want to sound like they do.

Standard response to what bike/tire/part question on MTBR: "I ride a ____ and I love it!" Super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    What was she doing between 11:10 and 12:19? Were you worried about her? Did you send her an email saying you hadn't heard from her, and was she ok?
    Haha. I should have just to mess with her. ANOTHER one of our coworkers can be similarly bad. A guy about the same age, who also has no life (no kids either) and hardcore workaholic will often follow up with a text. I get a blast of e-mails, then 5 seconds later a text message saying "HELLO?! U THERE?!" Damn, dude. Chill! I'm too busy ACTUALLY WORKING or on an important client conference call to deal with a million e-mails right now. These types of people typically work 24/7/365, but oddly enough don't ever really get any further in their careers than the rest of us. Hmmm. It's almost as if working like a sane person helps productivity or something...
    https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/324981

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Who was she doing between 11:10 and 12:19?
    FIFY