Page 1338 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 ... LastLast
Results 33,426 to 33,450 of 46281
    Vid of bunny attempting to tour

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end.
    And "math" should have one, even though nobody over here puts one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    While it’s an easy one to misuse, it isn’t true that it’s incorrect to refer to multiple instances of specific freedoms as ... freedoms. You can indeed count off different types and examples and use the s to indicate a plural.

Overly rigid, prescriptive, and ultimately incorrect grammar “rules” annoy me.
    Where were you ~ 30 years ago when I used freedoms in scrabble and it was determined it was not a word? It was a tight game and it cost me big time. Yes, I still remember it 30 years later.

My fucking cable company annoys me.....We have our home alarm system through them. One of the motion detectors shit the bed. I literally spent two fucking hours last night on a video "chat" trying to install the new one they sent me......Could not actually speak to a human being, and they refused to send anyone out to do the job. I never knew I was a contract employee for fucking Xfinity ( formerly Comcast).....Assholes. Reminded me of this:

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Annoying when a window breaks for no good reason (all we can figure is that recent weed-whacking flung a small rock into it, unnoticed).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	371139

Now you can have sex behind it.

Do you have kids? I broke a window with a tennis ball as a kid that ended up looking just like that, but there were no marks left from the impact(s) that caused the window to break.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My tax refund from last year is still listed as "under review." The IRS provides very little contact info (I'm not surprised). Does anyone have any idea wtf I should do?
    I feel your pain, I just got my refund from my 2018 taxes about two months ago. They questioned if I was me and wouldn't release the check until confirmed. Their stupid confirmation process took months of me sending them shit, filling out shit, responding to shit. I finally gave up and passed it off to my accountant, it took her another 3 months of dealing with them on the daily before they finally sent me a check.

A bummer

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	757.6 KB 
ID:	371253

Annoying.

But, victory snatched from the jaws of defeat as the tear was only about 1/2 the width of the leaf. Ha! Haha!

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	371254
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Bollocks.
    Can we get the Brits to put “the” before hospital?

Sick people aren’t in hospital. They’re in the hospital.
    . . .

The new eBay fuck you seller, the USPS shitshow is your burden for our “guarantee”, policy

The mf’ing Geico motorcycle commercial! My brain apparently likes the damn song as I keep waking up at 3am singing it.

Apologies if your brain malfunctions like mine and you start singing it.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end.
    Usage-wise in the US I'll agree but semantically the "s" is more correct. You don't have complete freedom. You have the freedom to do a number of things, and those are your freedoms. You have freedoms, you don't have freedom.

Graffiti on chairlifts

Name:	Image1618281847.212851.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	371358

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Usage-wise in the US I'll agree but semantically the "s" is more correct. You don't have complete freedom. You have the freedom to do a number of things, and those are your freedoms. You have freedoms, you don't have freedom.
    Calling bullshit, Ice. You have the freedom to do multiple things. You don't possess freedoms because of many things you are free to do.

You don't have the freedoms to choose what bathroom to shit in, even though you may have 7.

Anyway, freebird.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Calling bullshit, Ice. You have the freedom to do multiple things. You don't possess freedoms because of many things you are free to do.

You don't have the freedoms to choose what bathroom to shit in, even though you may have 7.

Anyway, freebird.
    How timely.

Had to get up early today. Alarm was set for 5. Smoke detector started chirping at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'm thinking of it more in philosophical terms than grammatical terms. When you say "freedoms" the implication is that you can do what you want--get a shot or not get a shot, invade the Capitol or not invade the Capitol. To me "freedom" means that you are governed by the rule of law and that the laws are enacted and enforced by people we elect. We do have individual freedom as spelled out in the Amendments to the Constitution (FDR added freedom from want and fear--those need a lot of work), but our individual freedom is limited. Nowadays, though, it seems like anytime anyone can't do something they want to do--go to a restaurant say or get a haircut--they invoke their "freedoms".

I think the Framer's fucked up when they failed to list the responsibilities of a citizen along with the rights. I guess at the time responsibility went without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Can we get the Brits to put “the” before hospital?

Sick people aren’t in hospital. They’re in the hospital.
    Should we also fix the way Americans say: "go to school", "go to work", "go to college", and "go on vacation"?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Had to get up early today. Alarm was set for 5. Smoke detector started chirping at 4.
    Smoke alarms: Don't get me started.

It's astonishing that in the time that tech capabilities have exploded exponentially, the only advance in mainstream smoke alarms, which people spend billions on, is 10-year batteries. (Yeah, I know, Nest makes a smoke alarm now, with Apple-inspired industrial design and interface, but I can't see spending nearly the price of a low-end PC for each room's unit, particularly given that the actual sensor tech is exactly the same crap that can't tell the difference between a spread of smoke microparticles and a damn spider.)

I mean, would it kill them to splurge on a couple extra 0.01 cent LEDs, or maybe even have an indicator that says "It's this one!" when there's some kind of trivial problem (spider, dying battery) at 4AM? You know, given that the only provided audio interface is so high-frequency that no one can tell what room it's in?

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    S

I mean, would it kill them to splurge on a couple extra 0.01 cent LEDs, or maybe even have an indicator that says "It's this one!" when there's some kind of trivial problem (spider, dying battery) at 4AM? You know, given that the only provided audio interface is so high-frequency that no one can tell what room it's in?
    I bought all my smoke and CO detector at the same time, in the same brand, at the same store. A couple have a really nice feature where you set their location, and when it goes off the ear piercing siren is interrupted by "Evacuate! Evacuate! Smoke detected in Master Bedroom!"

There other 2 dozen just blow your eardrums as you unplug them in desperation as the dog cowers in the corner and you wonder if dinner is too burnt to eat.

I have a bunch of first alert 10 year alarms that have failed well before 10 years are up. Maybe they were sitting on a shelf for 5 years before I bought them? It's not the batteries that fail, I just get the chirps that mean they've reached the end of life. And one that alarms for no reason. So to replace the last one I got some no-name from the hardware store. Turns out to be first alert. Probably more of a piece of shit than the branded first alert. At least it uses the same mounting screws so I don't have to drill more holes. (How many times can you drill a ceiling?)

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Anyway, freebird.
    Play it pretty for Atlanta now!

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I bought all my smoke and CO detector at the same time, in the same brand, at the same store. A couple have a really nice feature where you set their location, and when it goes off the ear piercing siren is interrupted by "Evacuate! Evacuate! Smoke detected in Master Bedroom!"

There other 2 dozen just blow your eardrums as you unplug them in desperation as the dog cowers in the corner and you wonder if dinner is too burnt to eat.

Your oven is in the master bedroom?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Should we also fix the way Americans say: "go to school", "go to work", "go to college", and "go on vacation"?
    Fix it??? It's not broken!!!