Page 1441 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... LastLast
Results 36,001 to 36,025 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    don't pop that shit. My girlfriend from 20 years ago had blisters just like that from a burn. After 3 days she decided to pop them and I of course encouraged her. It was a bad idea. Leave them in tact as long as possible, it will heal faster, be less painful, have less scarring, etc.
    Medicate and sleep.

I burned my hand like that many years ago working in a kitchen at a breakfast restaurant. Someone had left the metal wisp on a burner then put it back into the gravy with a kitchen mitt on. I walk in to start my shift, grab the wisp to stir the gravy, and the skin on my hand stuck to the wisp. I worked the rest of the shift one handed with my hand in a bucket of ice water. The blisters popped on their own. I put Neosporin and a bandage on them for a few weeks, seemed like it took forever to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Danno is dry heaving on his keyboard ;p
    Hell, he's not the only one.

It's not that it's gross (even tho it is), it's more that I can't help but squirm for him.
    It's always been this way.

Breaking my leg? It sucked but wasn't all that bad, honestly.
    Watching and thinking about someone else doing the same. That bothers me - quite a lot.

I'm no doc, but infection is the wild card.
    Skin is that barrier and once you lose it, anything can happen.

I'm sure there's studies - but I'd guess the biggest risk, by far, is an infection. So not popping the thing is, statistically, the best thing you can do, IMO. But I'm sure it's going to be murder, leaving it alone.

Leave them intact. Popping them won't make them hurt less and invites infection. When they inevitably pop themselves ask your doc what to do. I would cut away the dead skin and keep them covered with Silvadene cream, if you're not allergic to sulfa drugs. But your doc may do it differently--do it their way. Tissue heals best moist. If the blister drains the tissue underneath dries out which is bad for it.

I have the silvadene cream already for a couple smaller ones on the other hand that have already popped. That was exactly the burn docs advice (minus the skin removal) for when they eventually pop on their own. I have a follow up next week, maybe if they've popped she will clean up the dead skin for me. Thanks Goat.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Medicate and sleep.
    this has been the plan so far. unfortunately due to my history my wife is on top of only taking the oxys as prescribed...

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    this has been the plan so far. unfortunately due to my history my wife is on top of only taking the oxys as prescribed...
    Wait, she's taking yer oxys??? That's not how this works. And those things are bad news. So good on her. Heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Burned the roof of yer mouth, dincha?

Teenagers. Specifically teenage 16 y/o twin daughters are annoying the fuck out of me right now. Mrs. Seano might crack……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Don’t know if I should put this in the “annoy” or “amuse” or “I love my wife” thread…

The indifference on not setting the clocks back an hour. We are two weeks beyond the end of DST and the alarm clock/radio on the nightstand is still on daylight time. You don’t even have to adjust the time, you just have to press the “DST” button and the time auto-adjusts.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Shit that annoys you

this is not gender oriented. I just changed the clock on my husband’s side of the bed bc I was tired of seeing the wrong time
    I hinted. it didn’t happen. I solved the issue myself within 20 seconds. not something I feel like conflicting about
    skid luxury

I know I'm particularly sensitive to it for whatever reason, and this is because i just got home from a concert where they did this all night long, but doesn't it bug other people when they shine the lights in the crowd's eyes? Like strobes and spotlights all night straight into everybody's eyes? I personally fucking hate it with a passion, but don't other people at least find it annoying? It certainly annoys the fuck out of me.

I work with one of the most terrible people I have ever met. Moody, bitchy, overly sensitive, unable to take constructive criticism, questions or even simple help. Constantly late, leaves early, several no call - no shows. Lazy, manipulative, and smelly. I fucking hate her.

The absolute worst employee I’ve ever worked with but we are so short staffed my boss lets it slide.

Moving to a better job the Monday after Thanksgiving but I’ve still got to work with her a few more days.

(been working in the ER admitting office and I’m moving to Cardio-Pulmonary to work as a tech. A few less $$ but no nights or weekends and way less stress)
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Don’t know if I should put this in the “annoy” or “amuse” or “I love my wife” thread…

The indifference on not setting the clocks back an hour. We are two weeks beyond the end of DST and the alarm clock/radio on the nightstand is still on daylight time. You don’t even have to adjust the time, you just have to press the “DST” button and the time auto-adjusts.
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this is not gender oriented. I just changed the clock on my husband’s side of the bed bc I was tired of seeing the wrong time
    I hinted. it didn’t happen. I solved the issue myself within 20 seconds. not something I feel like conflicting about
    I spent about 8 years never adjusting any of my clocks. Not just the hour for DST. For any reason. Power outages, whatever. I just would memorize the conversion for each of them to real time.

My lovely wife got used to it after a while, but one time-change she fixed them all and they’ve been right ever since.

I liked it better the old way.

Now on week 9 of waiting for the OR DMV to release my wife’s driving record to her new employer so she can give notice and move on. Fuck you, OR DMV, do your fucking job.

I've been waiting over two months for Nevada DMV to generate a title for the Ducati I bought in Vegas. Can't register or title it here until I receive their document. Now it's almost too fuckin' cold to ride. Cocksuckers!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I work with one of the most terrible people I have ever met. Moody, bitchy, overly sensitive, unable to take constructive criticism, questions or even simple help. Constantly late, leaves early, several no call - no shows. Lazy, manipulative, and smelly. I fucking hate her.

The absolute worst employee I’ve ever worked with but we are so short staffed my boss lets it slide.

Moving to a better job the Monday after Thanksgiving but I’ve still got to work with her a few more days.

(been working in the ER admitting office and I’m moving to Cardio-Pulmonary to work as a tech. A few less $$ but no nights or weekends and way less stress)
    Smelly co-worker? Unleash your inner filthy hippy! Problem solved. I've done that and it works. As long as I don't have to do it for very long because it's easy to get so I can't stand myself.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Smelly co-worker? Unleash your inner filthy hippy! Problem solved. I've done that and it works. As long as I don't have to do it for very long because it's easy to get so I can't stand myself.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWa-x_urQcH/

Is this where we go for something like what is the difference between hockey players and Mike's co-worker?

Certain coworkers who think every little problem or inefficiency needs to be solved by automating a process. STFU, deal with it, and stop bringing it up to higher ups who manage by numbers. Gonna automate themselves out of a job FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Less Annoying ----------------------- More Annoying ---------------------------------------------------------------------> Maximally Annoying
    (Unicycle Nerds) (Unicycle Nerds on Electric Unicycles) (Unicycle Nerds on Electric Unicycles lapping the local MTB slalom track at a slow walk speed constantly getting in my way)
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Speaking of clocks, here's some shit that annoys me. Finally gave in last night and installed the latest Android system update on my phone. I hate doing it, because its like playing Russian roulette with what did they change to fuck with me. Well, I wake up in the middle of the night and check the time on my phone. It says in big numbers:

WTF??? In my half awake state I couldn't tell what was going on. This morning I realize they've change to this completely unnecessarily large font that won't display the hours and minutes on the same line. I can't find a way to change it back. Anyone know how? FU Google. Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FUgoogle.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	393162

Long press on it and resize, or go to widgets and replace.