Page 1660 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 ... LastLast
Results 41,476 to 41,500 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    no.......Honeycrisp FTW!!!!!1
    Honeycrisps are the actual bomb. Just the best apples ever. No lie I probably average 5 a week. And as good as they are (very) from the grocery store, I found out this year they are way better right off the tree. Crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The Beatles were right about this one

Attachment 450756

GS_FTMFW!
    That is so not original. The original was Hey Jude on one side, Revolution on the other. It was my first 45, trust me I know. It still hangs in my ex's bathroom AFAIK.

And WTF? It says "Revolutions". Ghetto shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Honeycrisps are the actual bomb. Just the best apples ever. No lie I probably average 5 a week. And as good as they are (very) from the grocery store, I found out this year they are way better right off the tree. Crazy good.
    Too juicy. I often eat an apple at work as a mid-morning snack. Honeycrisp make a mess.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    This all the way. Got a bit bored with apples for a while and honeycrisps brought me back to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is so not original. The original was Hey Jude on one side, Revolution on the other. It was my first 45, trust me I know. It still hangs in my ex's bathroom AFAIK.

And WTF? It says "Revolutions". Ghetto shit.
    It was literally the first image on google.

After a minute of digging, it turns out that's a legit "for export only" release with a typo.

Similar to your lost single, my parents had the entire catalog - all original vinyl, bought in real time as released - but since they never thought they'd ever be collectable they didn't really take care of them.

Golden delicious are actually delicious, especially when they get so ripe they taste almost like a pear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Too juicy. I often eat an apple at work as a mid-morning snack. Honeycrisp make a mess.
    Yeah I don't generally eat them out of hand like some other apples but cut up in hunks with some almond butter or cheese or whatever and you're living large.

My mom doesn’t cut them up for me anymore.
    focus.

Well don't give up, I sure she'll let you try it yourself some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    This all the way. Got a bit bored with apples for a while and honeycrisps brought me back to the table.
    “How you like them apples? “
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My mom doesn’t cut them up for me anymore.
    She cuts them up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - I think there may have been a time that they *were*, in a relative sense, delicious. But they are really not very delicious.
    If you happen to get one that is actually fresh, they are crisp and delicious. Unfortunately, they turn to mush rather quickly sitting around on shelves.

Honey crisps are nice, but I still tend to gravitate towards Fuji apples, when I eat apples. I’m more of a cara cara orange guy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    She cuts them up for me.
    Hah. Tell her “hi.”
    focus.

Mushy apples annoy me to no end. Even Fujis are usually too soft for my sensitive palette. Honeycrisp and Cosmic ftw. Cosmic is a Honeycrisp descendant I believe.

Macoun > *

I'm taking part in an online conference and they can't figure out their damn buffering issues. There has been 3 years to figure this shit out. Come on!

Fuji, Fuji, Fuji! Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't think they were ever delicious. Just marketing bullshit went into the name. "We can't sell these nasty ass apples, so if we put Delicious in the name, some poor rube will buy them, at least once."
    As a person who ran my parents orchard as a teen, I can vouch that "Red Delicious Apples" are red and apples. Delicious? Nah. The skins are nasty, and the apple itself is, at best, meh.

30 years ago, the push was for the reddest apples. If your apples weren't super red, even if they were ACTUALLY delicious, you'd be better to let them fall on the ground than try to sell them to the warehouse. Fortunately that's changed some - though the gyrations they'll still go through to tweak the color and visual perfection of them is still nuts. Some growers put reflective Mylar style wrap on the ground to reflect sunlight up to the underside of the apple/tree to get more even color. Think acres and acres of the stuff.

But yes, Red delicious apples are total garbage. Winesaps, romes, and so many more are way, way better!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Macoun > *
    This is it.

But are you allowed to eat the skin?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Macoun > *
    Those were my favorite as a kid, I still like htem. They're kind of obscure outside New England and the Upstates, they're short-season apples they ripen too early if grown much further south. Staymans are really good apples, but also kind of obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I'm taking part in an online conference and they can't figure out their damn buffering issues. There has been 3 years to figure this shit out. Come on!
    You sure it's not on your end?

I've been having lots of issues lately. Often with youtube but other streaming as well. Sound comes through all garbled and the video freezes up. Doesn't matter if I have one tab open or many, or if I've just restarted the computer or had it on for days. Time of day doesn't seem to matter either. It's really annoying. Had the same issue with zoom calls as well, but only seemed to happen when my boss was on the call.

Spam emails.

I've been getting a shitload of them lately. They seem to be coming from the same source, the address on almost every one is office@ xyz random domain. Junk filter catches them but I get enough real email filtered out I still have to go through the junk folder daily.

How EVERYTHING is getting blatantly scalped these days. From new cars to Playstations and even bourbon, nothing seems immune from assholes trying to flip everything under the sun.

One of the most egregious is how even even ticket scalping is now sanctioned by Ticketmaster now that they've figured out how to profit off of each time the tix change hands. And of course scalping bots snatch up most the seats the second they go up for sale, or high demand electronics thanks to things like Brickseek, and now buttwipes hording things like Pappy and all sorts of prized craft whiskeys that USED to be pretty easy to score, even if pricy, but at least we used to only have to pay normal retail prices for all this stuff. I routinely see brand new cars on Craigslist for vehicles they haven't even taken delivery on yet... for $40K+ over sticker. Lots of Broncos and Lightnings like that.

Grrrr......

But what I have to ask is who are all the morans who are actually PAYING these massively inflated prices on everything. STOP IT, FFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How EVERYTHING is getting blatantly scalped these days. From new cars to Playstations and even bourbon, nothing seems immune from assholes trying to flip everything under the sun.

One of the most egregious is how even even ticket scalping is now sanctioned by Ticketmaster now that they've figured out how to profit off of each time the tix change hands. And of course scalping bots snatch up most the seats the second they go up for sale, or high demand electronics thanks to things like Brickseek, and now buttwipes hording things like Pappy and all sorts of prized craft whiskeys that USED to be pretty easy to score, even if pricy, but at least we used to only have to pay normal retail prices for all this stuff. I routinely see brand new cars on Craigslist for vehicles they haven't even taken delivery on yet... for $40K+ over sticker. Lots of Broncos and Lightnings like that.

Grrrr......

But what I have to ask is who are all the morans who are actually PAYING these massively inflated prices on everything. STOP IT, FFS!!!
    Why do you hate capitalism?