Page 1539 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... LastLast
Results 38,451 to 38,475 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^took a while but I just knew you’d eventually post something interesting and cool about yourself
    You know photoflo? You've only been here since '19. That's like 14 years before I started posting. How old were you then?

But get some photoflo. Or google it. I've never had a washing or drying machine either. I do have cassette tapes and sick sbd flacs though.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^i just came in my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^i just came in my pants.
    We are here to help you. Pics, or it didn't happen.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What's rinse aid.
    X2
    My dishwasher seems to have a rinse cycle. I’ve never felt it needed assistance with that
    Dry Aid might be nice though. The dry cycle just seems like a waste of energy.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Fun fact. Modern dishwashers don’t have heated drying cycle.

That’s why you get that fancy stainless steel interior.
    Condensation and a slight fan running

Rinse aid can help your fancy glasses from getting water spots. But it’s not needed. Just ignore the light if you don’t care.

PS. Use the China cycle. It’s a shorter wash and works just fine. The normal cycle is too long. And wtf with the pots and pans cycle?

Our dishwasher will actually crack open at the end of the dry cycle which lets a ton of the steam out and significantly helps drying the dishes.

Pro tip - Forget the fancy (and expensive) rinse aid. Go down to Safeway (or where ever) and buy yourself a gallon of white vinegar for $1.95 and use that instead. It works just as well. You're dishes will be spotless and the gallon jug will last you years. You're welcome.

Yeah rinse aid is great for places with hard water, it’s acidic and helps clear lime scale from the inside of the washer as well as your glasses. I’ve lived places where in a month of washing, the glassware was super cloudy and when it gets to that you need to do a vinegar bath in the sink.

Vinegar in the rinse bin does ok at counteracting the scaling but it doesn’t act as a surfactant, so you’ll still probably get water spots.

Excellent info, much better than Dentistry advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It was a rhetorical question.

We've had good luck with 2 Asko dishwashers. Both around 20 years old. One of them doesn't shut down when you open the door while it's running but other than that zero problems. And of course I have no idea of a new Asko would be as good.

if you put water in the rinse aid slot the light goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Our dishwasher will actually crack open at the end of the dry cycle which lets a ton of the steam out and significantly helps drying the dishes.
    My.exwife used to do that for me before we got a real dishwasher
    Her name was margarita

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Pro tip - Forget the fancy (and expensive) rinse aid. Go down to Safeway (or where ever) and buy yourself a gallon of white vinegar for $1.95 and use that instead. It works just as well. You're dishes will be spotless and the gallon jug will last you years. You're welcome.
    Its funny until someone tells you that your house smell like a pickle

Went to lumberyard to get some materials to make a new base for the tractor shed. Came home and started working, then went in the shed to get an extension cord. Noticed some buzzing as I was untangling the cord, then a swarm.

After things calmed down I saw the rapidly expanding baldface hornet nest. No wasp spray to be found. Of course I literally just came from the store.

Tried some carb cleaner but it just doesn't have the distance, and didn't want it all over. Got the tractor out, tried standing on a box. Almost got stung 3x.

I give up for the day

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Went to lumberyard to get some materials to make a new base for the tractor shed. Came home and started working, then went in the shed to get an extension cord. Noticed some buzzing as I was untangling the cord, then a swarm.

After things calmed down I saw the rapidly expanding baldface hornet nest. No wasp spray to be found. Of course I literally just came from the store.

Tried some carb cleaner but it just doesn't have the distance, and didn't want it all over. Got the tractor out, tried standing on a box. Almost got stung 3x.

I give up for the day
    Bald faced hornets are the devil incarnate. FTS.

Nuke from orbit. Behead the remains

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Bald faced hornets are the devil incarnate. FTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Nuke from orbit. Behead the remains
    I failed to mention that as I was falling off the box and running in sheer terror, some of the carb cleaner blew back at me. That shit stings the eyes.

They might get torched later today.

Safe bet would be wait for cooler weather tomorrow and hit them with proper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    it’s sort of a long running joke for me

the french thing
    yep
    I was basically using it as an excuse to post that video

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

Never had the slightest clue that TGR had a wealth of dishwasher and rinse aid expertise. Either that or I touched on a common nerve.
    oh you must not venture into the “I love my wife, but…” thread.
    buncha dishwasher experts in there too
    skid luxury

Shhh don't get them started again!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Yeah rinse aid is great for places with hard water, it’s acidic and helps clear lime scale from the inside of the washer as well as your glasses. I’ve lived places where in a month of washing, the glassware was super cloudy and when it gets to that you need to do a vinegar bath in the sink.
    Yeah, I've used my dishwasher with rinse aid and without and I can't tell the difference. I'm sure well water would be a different ballgame.

Everything has to be a video. I don’t want to watch a 5 minute video on reloading my new string trimmer. I just need to see the one bit I’m missing. I’d rather have a ten step instruction document that I can skim any day. Put in pictures if you want. Annoys me when the only resource is a video that will take minutes out of my life. Lot harder to skip around in a video, and requires far less rigor for whoever is communicating the instruction.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Everything has to be a video. I don’t want to watch a 5 minute video on reloading my new string trimmer. I just need to see the one bit I’m missing. I’d rather have a ten step instruction document that I can skim any day. Put in pictures if you want. Annoys me when the only resource is a video that will take minutes out of my life. Lot harder to skip around in a video, and requires far less rigor for whoever is communicating the instruction.
    Agree--I hate instruction videos for the most part. The ones companies produce are sometimes OK--the one about how to lubricate a Saw Stop table saw is excellent. Amateur videos are uniformly horrible. People in love with the sounds of their own voices. I'd much rather read the instructions.

On a similar note, there's a series on PBS called A Craftsman's Legacy with an obnoxious host that I sometimes watch--watched a really good one of a guy building a Windsor chair, mostly with hand tools like an adze, a scorp, a drawknife, a brace and bit, the other day. More woodworking, less talking and less the host bragging on himself than other episodes I watched.

And since I'm in a mood to rant--the people on This Old House are becoming increasingly full of themselves--especially the host Kevin O'Connor, who spends half the episode standing in a bunch of rough framing pointing out what rooms are where, which is meaningless, and offering to help the contractor who has to bite his tongue and let him pretend to be helping. The technical stuff on the show is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    agree. some things require a video, but lots of stuff could be done with written instructions. Just yesterday I was trying to get a pedal off my bike that was stuck, so googled for tips. First result was a 15 minute video on taking off and putting on pedals, ain't nobody got time for that shit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Amateur videos are uniformly horrible. People in love with the sounds of their own voices. I'd much rather read the instructions.
    Hah. The one I found for my string trimmer was a full minute of lecturing me to take the battery off first because safety. Fuck you I’m not taking the battery off. Now load the goddamned string.

It was free though, so…. Maybe this belongs in shit that annoys you but shouldn’t.
    focus.

What about the 15 minute unboxing videos of simple products?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums