Page 1008 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 ... LastLast
Results 25,176 to 25,200 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Forgetting to turn the light off is annoying. Between a bunch of busted ribs and a broken back post surgery it takes me forever to arrange myself in a semi-comfortable position in bed to try and get a couple hours of sleep--only to turn off my reading light and realize I left the overhead light on. So gingerly log roll out of bed, hobble with my walker (busted hip) over to the light switch, then back and try to get comfortable again.
    Dood

I’m sorry for your struggle.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    With my shattered pelvis and broken ribs, I could not lay in a flat bed for a couple of months. My whacked head wasn’t thrilled with laying down, too. Still not quite over that.
    Slept in a recliner.
    How was your ski day? I got busy

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    How was your ski day? I got busy
    It all went downhill.

ie. Great.

FKNA

...a bunch of busted ribs and a broken back post surgery it takes me forever to arrange myself... ...log roll out of bed, hobble with my walker (busted hip)...
    wtf - hook a tip getting on a lift? obligatory maggot comment

lemmeguess - you weren't following the firm "old men 85% rule"?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Being btwn belt holes. One is just a bit too tight...the other leaves the belt slightly loose and sagging. Annoying.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My wife and I went to a matinee 20 years ago; we were the only people in the theater. Just before the movie started, an old woman and her adult daughter came in and sat directly in front of us. I asked, out loud, “What the fuck?” Just as the old lady farted. My wife and I burst out laughing as the daughter shuffled mom to another seat, far from us. Oblivious.
    Similar situation. Wife and I sit down to a completely empty afternoon theater. Guy and his girlfriend come in and sit down right next to us, didn't even leave a single seat buffer. Silence. Then, the dude leans over and says "heh, I'm just fucking with you", and they get up and move. He and I were laughing, the ladies not so much.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Recently went to a late-afternoon movie with the wife, there was hardly anybody in the theatre, a couple of people a couple rows back from where we sat and a handful of others scattered around. For the first half of the movie there was the most godawful combination of sounds, crunching of food, muttering, whispering, seats creaking, odd shuffling sounds, god knows what else, all constantly coming from the people behind us.

My imagination was running wild, as was my indignation. Finally I couldn't take it and I jumped up to confront...an obviously severely afflicted Downs syndrome guy and a woman who must have been his caretaker. I slunk back to my seat, defeated. What was I gonna do, beat him up?

@OG - I've looked through your posting history, but can't find any "trip-report" on your misfortune!?! Sorry dude! But the rubber-necker in me wants to know what happened! You're killing us! [Ok, probably just me, but still!]

This sounds like my cousin - skiing a few weeks ago. He's recently moved from Missouri and came and skied a couple of days last season with me, and was skiing with one of his kids for like his third day this year. Was messing around on a blue. Got airborne on a jump, off-axis, got rotated and hit a tree backwards.

L Scapula, T11+12, L1-5

Perhaps you guys can work as a team, breaking into cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    lemmeguess - you weren't following the firm "old men 85% rule"?
    So what is that rule? Never heard of it.

The rule I broke was the dont find the only ice within 100 miles on a 5 foot powder day rule. I took a slide for life in chute 75, which had slid down to hard ice. I dropped in the side entrance (I wonder if the chute might have had a closed sign at the top I missed) made two cautious turns and was trying to traverse back into west face when I lost my edges and slid headfirst downhill on my back. Tried to arrest but the pole broke. Not sure how far i went. If i might have tumbled, what if anything i hit. My arms were paralyzed at first but got better in a few minutes. 4 patrol showed up. I couldn't see much lying on my back--my back hurt and i knew not to move -- but I know patrol had a rope out and some kind of tripod and the were very nervous about their stance. Took a long time to get me packaged up but the sled ride was uneventful. T3 was crushed and I had a spinal fusion. Xrays showed only arthritis in my neck so not sure what the paralyzed arms were about, probably some temporary nerve compression from chronic cervical stenosis like I have in the lumbar area. 4 rib fractures and a minor acetabular fracture. I'm no worse off now then I was before the accident except for pain and not being able to do anything until I heal. I have the go ahead to ski next season but it's time to dial it back. A shame because 75 is my favorite squaw run. I feel very lucky to be alive, no head injury, not paralyzed. Yes. I was wearing a helmet.

Dude, vibes!

That’s a classic story for a jumped facet as well, transient upper extremity bilateral paralysis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The rule I broke was the dont find the only ice within 100 miles on a 5 foot powder day rule. I took a slide for life in chute 75, which had slid down to hard ice. I dropped in the side entrance (I wonder if the chute might have had a closed sign at the top I missed) made two cautious turns and was trying to traverse back into west face when I lost my edges and slid headfirst downhill on my back. Tried to arrest but the pole broke. Not sure how far i went. If i might have tumbled, what if anything i hit. My arms were paralyzed at first but got better in a few minutes. 4 patrol showed up. I couldn't see much lying on my back--my back hurt and i knew not to move -- but I know patrol had a rope out and some kind of tripod and the were very nervous about their stance. Took a long time to get me packaged up but the sled ride was uneventful. T3 was crushed and I had a spinal fusion. Xrays showed only arthritis in my neck so not sure what the paralyzed arms were about, probably some temporary nerve compression from chronic cervical stenosis like I have in the lumbar area. 4 rib fractures and a minor acetabular fracture. I'm no worse off now then I was before the accident except for pain and not being able to do anything until I heal. I have the go ahead to ski next season but it's time to dial it back. A shame because 75 is my favorite squaw run. I feel very lucky to be alive, no head injury, not paralyzed. Yes. I was wearing a helmet.
    Wow. Makes my split distal radius and crushed tibia plateau look like nothing. Glad you're here to tell it but wish you didn't have it to tell.

Splat's lady friend took a real bad spill too (in the CBD oil thread). It's that time of year when we get icy mornings and shadowed patches just waiting to take you down. Let's be careful out there!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So what is that rule? Never heard of it.
    a wizened sage will approach you when the time is right

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's that time of year when we get icy mornings and shadowed patches just waiting to take you down. Let's be careful out there!
    Just face it, West Coast skiers can't handle it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wow. Makes my split distal radius and crushed tibia plateau look like nothing. Glad you're here to tell it but wish you didn't have it to tell.

Splat's lady friend took a real bad spill too (in the CBD oil thread). It's that time of year when we get icy mornings and shadowed patches just waiting to take you down. Let's be careful out there!
    Lady friend? Maybe he's just helping her conceive.

The rule I broke was the dont find the only ice within 100 miles on a 5 foot powder day rule.
    Dude! Wow, I knew it had to be ugly, but - guess you're from the "Go big or go home." school of thought.
    All I can offer is that I'm really sorry for your misfortune, and that I'm super glad you were not more severely injured. [My cousin was sketched - wondering if he was paralyzed - but then noticed he could wiggle fingers and toes. "Guess I'm not paralyzed and gonna live." he thinks. The pain was so intense, I'm not sure he felt that was a blessing initially, though.]

I've had quite a number of friends [and myself] get hurt the last few seasons - and keep thinking I need to turn it down a bit. But it's really hard to do.

Heal up OG.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    a wizened sage will approach you when the time is right
    Do you think the wizened sage forgot about me, 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm breaking a lot of rules and could probably use some tips!?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Finally I couldn't take it and I jumped up to confront...an obviously severely afflicted Downs syndrome guy and a woman who must have been his caretaker. I slunk back to my seat, defeated. What was I gonna do, beat him up?
    Don't sell yourself short, I bet you could have taken him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Lady friend? Maybe he's just helping her conceive.
    I'm sure. Knowing Pat that is exactly what he's up to.

LOL - Yeah... "lady friend" lost in translation from live to Memorex. If we'd been talking face-to-face you would have seen the playful glint in my eye and heard the suave tone in my voice when I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I LOL'd
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You're a tremendous slouch.

Splat's lady friend took a real bad spill too (in the CBD oil thread).
    Gotta watch that shit. Way stronger these days.

Fellow tibial plateau fracture here. I’m 9 weeks post op today. While this is the worst of my injuries, it pales in comparison to old goat’s and I wouldn’t wish this injury on anyone. Heal up OG!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Online shopping and all the "online exclusive" items that force me to do so. Been nothing but delay after delay after delay lately, whether the product magically becomes back-ordered right after you complete your checkout, or UPS just sucking at their job. Was expecting a package today (should've come last week), but nope! UPS says "lol jk."

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Online shopping and all the "online exclusive" items that force me to do so. Been nothing but delay after delay after delay lately, whether the product magically becomes back-ordered right after you complete your checkout, or UPS just sucking at their job. Was expecting a package today (should've come last week), but nope! UPS says "lol jk."
    see my rant re: FedEx and my Chewy delivery @page 1073

My order finally show up yesterday. FedEx slowed down and tossed it on the road. LOL!