Page 1275 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 ... LastLast
Results 31,851 to 31,875 of 46183
    See, I actually found it enjoyable and for once i could breathe better, for a few seconds. They were not amused when I asked if I could have a handful of swabs.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sounds to me like her 94 year old grandfather just has way bigger balls than his young grandson-in-law. Come on. Treating a little funeral like a Trump convention super spreader event?
    Time for you to go fuck yourself.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    This shouldn't be a surprise. It really only further proves how little everyone knows about this issue.
    I think it proves how critical yet utterly lacking a coordinated national response is. Somebody needs to identify what we know, come up with a policy/action plan based on that, and make sure everybody is on the same page. This policy/action plan may not be the 100% right thing to do, but it puts us in a position of strength over the chaos that continues to cripple us and we’d actually be able to react to new info.

Dealing with this across multiple counties/health districts has been a nightmare. They all say something different and there is no coordination.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-18-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    focus.

Even with a "normal" administration, such unified organization and action would not really get things truly under control - we're just too varied in temperament and personal viewpoints, and overall too heterogeneous. We could certainly do significantly better than the current clown show, but we could never, ever come close to most of the Asian countries.

The price of freedum?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    seriously, this post should tell everyone all they need to know about you.
    Agreed. What a dumb ass post.

Ah. So funerals and such are the problem. What are your thoughts on THESE types of gatherings? Equally irresponsible, or perfectly justifiable due to the nature of it?

Wow, almost everyone there has a mask on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Wow, almost everyone there has a mask on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's hard enough to find Waldo when he's not wearing a mask.

Fuck! Local news person just said "WILL-A-mit" for Willamette. Ugh.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Could have said, “Will a MEAT”...

Good thing they don't work in Poughkeepsie.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Will-uh-met-uh, obvi

I'm cutting Jones from the team first thing in the morning if I'm the coach

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...330653696?s=20
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Ah. So funerals and such are the problem. What are your thoughts on THESE types of gatherings? Equally irresponsible, or perfectly justifiable due to the nature of it?

I dunno, you seem like a troll/douche - not sure.
    The facts are there is super scant evidence from any reliable (science based) source that the protests were substantial spreaders of Covid-19. They (the protests) certainly were something that seemed to me to be a a bad idea. But yeah - we are now balancing pretty important sociental/racial impacts that protests might influence vs Covid spread.

I live in Portland OR, supposedly the hotbed of looting and chaos (that's mostly bs, BTW) and watched one of the early protest marches in person. Nearly everyone was masked. (Perhaps I should say, I don't recall a _single_ person who wasn't masked in close proximity to others.)

And masking, as long as high percentages of the population are also masked, say 90% or better, appear to do incredibly well.

So, I'd probably be ok, going to the wedding. Indoors? Well, that sketches me out more, but perhaps ok. But is everyone else going to be masked? For pro-MAGA Grams? What are the odds of Grams' friends being pro-MAGA people too? Pretty high I'd guess. So, masking is probably 50% at best. I'd guess we can check distancing off the list too.

So what to do?

You balance;
    We want to go say bye to Grams. - Yeah totally get that.
    We'll be responsible. - Yeah, get that too.
    But if lots of others aren't, then you're perhaps part of the problem in community spread.
    (Remember, masking unless it's an N95 or equivalent, is way more protective of *others* than yourself. So, you run substantially higher risk of being infected if overall mask usage isn't really high.)
    What if you *are* infected. Have a symptom-less infection, come home, infect a few other people who infect their own Grams and - well, I think you get the picture.

I certainly don't know how you balance those things without feeling lousy about the end-result, no matter which choice you make. (Unless you simply go and happen to get lucky - which isn't *totally* implausible.)

I try to do the thing that will let me sleep best at night over the long-term.

But to go back - the protests simply have very little data that support the notion that they were a substantial source of Covid spread. (At least if you're reading something other than stormfront or Braitbart, and the like, for your science-based source of information.)

Microsoft Teams annoys me. What a pile of shit. And it's only getting worse as Microsoft's pointy-elbowed tactics further spread across the enterprise.

old yakima rocket box latch failure allowing my Simms waders to become road trash on I15 annoys me

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

US Ski and Snowboard Assn fees. Required for the kiddo's ski racing.

Year 1: $35
    Year 2: $85
    Year 3: $100

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be a baller because my kid's in ski racing. But I'm not. And I'm so tired of being nickel and dimed by this shit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

ski racing is fun

and

it’s not
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    ski racing is fun

and

it’s not
    Ain't that the fucking truth.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pay half and tell em you ain’t floating the snowboarders this year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    ski racing is fun

and

it’s not
    Better than gymnastics and you outside. This sport costs a fortune, practice 6days a week and 6 months of meets that are usually out of town Fri-Sun. oh, most of the parents are selfish douchenozzles! Do I sound triggered?

Water polo. The matches are short, every kid gets a fair amount of playing time, exciting to watch, only expense is swim suits if they do it at school. OTOH it isn't much good at babysitting kids while mom and dad ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Better than gymnastics and you outside. This sport costs a fortune, practice 6days a week and 6 months of meets that are usually out of town Fri-Sun. oh, most of the parents are selfish douchenozzles! Do I sound triggered?
    I was pretty psyched when my daughter quit this year after nine years of competition. Suddenly she has so much energy for hiking and mountain biking, and she's amped to ski a ton this winter. That sport is very demanding. Still, it made her an athlete and was good for her in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    I hear ya. And of course I'm thrilled that it's ski racing that my kiddo wants to do. And it's not even the cost of the program, which is exorbitant. It's that on top of the cost, you have to volunteer for 3 days or pay $300 more, you're expected to sell 20 raffle tickets at $10 a pop, they have a banquet that costs extra to attend, logo clothing is another money heist, there are numerous fundraisers that they do and want you to join in/pay, USSA membership cost $100, $25 to register for each race, need a lift ticket for races that aren't at your home mountain, it all adds up to a ridiculous amount.

It's shit that annoys me.

and it's fun
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I hear ya. And of course I'm thrilled that it's ski racing that my kiddo wants to do. And it's not even the cost of the program, which is exorbitant. It's that on top of the cost, you have to volunteer for 3 days or pay $300 more, you're expected to sell 20 raffle tickets at $10 a pop, they have a banquet that costs extra to attend, logo clothing is another money heist, there are numerous fundraisers that they do and want you to join in/pay, USSA membership cost $100, $25 to register for each race, need a lift ticket for races that aren't at your home mountain, it all adds up to a ridiculous amount.

It's shit that annoys me.
    New Comp gear for the season -$600 WTF! Coach drives a Porsche Macan Turbo. GRRR