Page 1217 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... LastLast
Results 30,401 to 30,425 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What tires are you running on that BBQ?
    Whitewalls.

I still call it The Jake.

Fucking couches that are too short for a proper nap.

If I can’t lie down it’s a love seat. Not a couch.
    . . .

My pillow ads everywhere i look and on the radio also. Not only pillows, but bed linens and towels. I just saw a commercial for the towels and they're guaranteed to work. wow, quite the claim there. Enough already with the overpriced shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    My pillow ads everywhere i look and on the radio also. Not only pillows, but bed linens and towels. I just saw a commercial for the towels and they're guaranteed to work. wow, quite the claim there. Enough already with the overpriced shit.
    Just saw that my towel ad

I didn’t think there were bad towels. Other than those cheesy health club towels that are so course that you won’t steal them.

And his Giza sheets boldly claim that the best cotton is from Egypt.
    But his towel ads brag about the best cotton from USA.

No wonder trump likes this guy
    . . .

Auto-incorrect

People who jog in the bike lane (rather than on the sidewalk), facing the wrong direction, while wearing headphones. You are now both blind and deaf with respect to traffic. Epidemic of this in my area now as those who see themselves as hard core exercisers are distancing themselves from the folks doing a happy hour stroll on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Auto-incorrect
    Right? I keep yelling at the computer.

There is no O in CUNT
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    People who jog in the bike lane (rather than on the sidewalk), facing the wrong direction, while wearing headphones. You are now both blind and deaf with respect to traffic. Epidemic of this in my area now as those who see themselves as hard core exercisers are distancing themselves from the folks doing a happy hour stroll on the sidewalk.
    I saw one just running in the middle of the street a couple days ago. Runners are getting too confident with this reduced traffic, we need to beat these idiots back to the sidewalk with sticks. Riding in traffic is sketch enough without runners in the way.

Actually maybe I prefer them to run in traffic than in bike lanes?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Got a couple of couches, sleep on the loveseat.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Got a couple of couches, sleep on the loveseat.
    Huh. I never pictured you as a midget

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    That was awesome.

“What the fuck is this? Is it a chair? Is it a bed?
    It’s like a furniture centaur!”
    . . .

Huh. I never pictured you as a midget

You've never heard Beck? Ok then.

Fucking old people. And moreso, it annoys me now in lockdown that I can officially classify my mom as an old person.

It's like she fucking forgot how to use her gotdamned cell phone.

Facetime... abruptly hang up for no reason and then send video message talking into phone saying "I don't know what's happening"... followed by me trying her back only to be met with no answer and a full mailbox. It's been like this for weeks.

How did 66 become so old so fast?

I'm sending her a fucking flipphone. She's lost her iPhone priveleges. I'm sure some of you geezers will tell me how insensitive I'm being.

Shit that annoys you

I have been asking myself something very similar...

And that annoys me.

Whoa ...... are you ever in for a rude awakening.

Signed: a 69 year old.

Fucking old people. And moreso, it annoys me now in lockdown that I can officially classify my mom as an old person.

It's like she fucking forgot how to use her gotdamned cell phone.

Facetime... abruptly hang up for no reason and then send video message talking into phone saying "I don't know what's happening"... followed by me trying her back only to be met with no answer and a full mailbox. It's been like this for weeks.

I'm sending her a fucking flipphone. She's lost her iPhone priveleges. I'm sure some of you geezers will tell me how insensitive I'm being.
    My mom is a little older but it's frustrating as hell. She used a computer at work for her entire adult life and the shit she can't figure out is ridiculous. She'll leave the screen on and wonder why her fucking phone is dead? Who the fuck knows why mom. She also thinks her issue is one in a million and won't Google it to find the answer. How did I figure it out? I fucking Googled it.

You've never heard Beck? Ok then.
    Jeff beck is fknawesome

. . .

We got my parents a pre paid cell phone (flip phone) years ago and they couldn't handle it. Couldn't even handle plugging it in occasionally to keep it charged. Nevermind turning it on to use it. But we thought it was important they have it in case something happens while they're in the car somewhere. For years they handled the home computer ok. But would have fits whenever a system update changed the screen layout or controls. Or they would randomly hit some unknown key that would turn a setting on or off. They've been having more and more trouble lately. They were checking out a Tesla in the grocery store parking lot one day when the owner came out and of course had to show it off to them. My dad liked it because it just has the one big touch screen instead of a dozed or more dials. I didn't point out his success rate with handling computers. I think he's better off with the dials he doesn't know how to use in the current car.

skin track slackers who don’t break trail
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Let time I was at my parents place (6 months ago), my dad wanted to show me something on his PC. IE was open; he must have had 100 tabs. When he wanted to search for something, he’d open a new one; he never closed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Let time I was at my parents place (6 months ago), my dad wanted to show me something on his PC. IE was open; he must have had 100 tabs. When he wanted to search for something, he’d open a new one; he never closed anything.
    One of the best thing I demanded from an old friend of mine that I've been setting up with laptops for a decade was that he had to shutdown the thing every night before he went to bed. Not just close it, but go to shutdown.

Cut down on a million issues. And yes, I revoked his smart phone and sent him back to a flip. Same with another buddy of mine who finally smashed the damn thing. They want to be hip, but they realize there are certain limitations that they can't explain or understand, and functionality wins out.

If your parents have a PC get an Apple. If they have iPhones get a Samsung. Then at least you can claim ignorance when they ask you for help. Works for me with my wife. But I cannot get across the concept that whatever problem she's having with a device, she's not the first, and 99.99% of the time you can google the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If your parents have a PC get an Apple. If they have iPhones get a Samsung. Then at least you can claim ignorance when they ask you for help. Works for me with my wife. But I cannot get across the concept that whatever problem she's having with a device, she's not the first, and 99.99% of the time you can google the solution.
    "can you just do it for me? I can't google as well as you."

I used that for my mom once. Shockingly the humor was lost on her.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums