Page 1470 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 ... LastLast
Results 36,726 to 36,750 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that looks like a job for duck tape!
    PM XXX-er for Aquaseal repair tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    The stupid fucking assholes that leave their cars running and their lights on while waiting for the ferry. Inconsiderate worthless fucks.
    Never has a generation been so acutely aware of the environmental damage human activity causes while being so completely oblivious to their personal contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Especially if you don’t know how the games works or is scored. Which I still don’t. Don’t really care so I haven’t bothered looking.
    Same here. Could give a fuck and have tried to “stop seeing posts like this” but I still get all these idiots I call FB friends posting their scores and remarks

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    People who post their Wordle scores. WTF is my feed full of this shit?!
    🟨🟨🟨
    🟨🟨🟨
    🟨🟨🟨🟨🟩
    🟩🟨🟨🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When we were in Ecuador we were told that the bananas they send to the US are the worst variety. They eat a lot of bananas in Ecuador--lots of varieties but they won't eat the ones they send us.
    Probably because they send them to us when they are green.

Kinda like storage apples. Its hard for people to understand some apples were developed to sit in the cellar for a couple months before they are ready to eat so people had fresh fruit to eat in the winter before the global economy.

After an awesome ski and football weekend……having to go to work tomorrow is annoying!!!

^which is why I negotiate a 4 day work week in my new job.
    always having Mondays off make them way better
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    People who post their Wordle scores. WTF is my feed full of this shit?!
    Maybe it's because there's a share button. BTW, took me all 6 to get it today, in case anyone's interested.

Maybe it's because there's a share button. BTW, took me all 6 to get it today, in case anyone's interested.
    Took me 3. This thread finally made me google it and give it a try.

Wordle 219 3/6

🟩
    🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    focus.

Shit that annoys you

It’s harder when you just guess BUTTS every time.

Name:  mahom.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  83.3 KB
    Relatively low post count.

They say that "No man is in love that has a toothache".
    I am currently not in love.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Alright Mags, what would you do? I posted a while ago about Thing Two's Hyundai....Long story short, her car started having weird electrical issues, I took it to the dealership, and was informed that rodents had chewed through one of the wires. 500$ later, got the car back, went medieval with traps, spray, etc....We've lived here for seven years, none of our other vehicles have been feasted on by rodents, ever. Two weeks ago, same shit started happening, took it back, and they say same thing happened, want another five hundo. So I googled Hyundai and rodents, and literally the first thing that pops up is a class action lawsuit from 2018 (I think) against Hyundai. Apparently they switched to a soy-based wire sheathing in 2017, and literally thousands of Hyundai owners are having this same issue....I pointed this out to the service manager over the phone, and he basically told me to get fucked, and was a condescending prick to boot. Any advice from the collective? I'm fucking annoyed.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Alright Mags, what would you do? I posted a while ago about Thing Two's Hyundai....Long story short, her car started having weird electrical issues, I took it to the dealership, and was informed that rodents had chewed through one of the wires. 500$ later, got the car back, went medieval with traps, spray, etc....We've lived here for seven years, none of our other vehicles have been feasted on by rodents, ever. Two weeks ago, same shit started happening, took it back, and they say same thing happened, want another five hundo. So I googled Hyundai and rodents, and literally the first thing that pops up is a class action lawsuit from 2018 (I think) against Hyundai. Apparently they switched to a soy-based wire sheathing in 2017, and literally thousands of Hyundai owners are having this same issue....I pointed this out to the service manager over the phone, and he basically told me to get fucked, and was a condescending prick to boot. Any advice from the collective? I'm fucking annoyed.
    Do you have an attorney? Perhaps spend a little cash to have them send the dealership a letter? What was the outcome of the class-action lawsuit?

Shit that annoys you

See if you can speak with the ‘’brand rep.’’ I put that in quotations because I’m not sure if that’s a term that’s used around the country or just here amongst the Massholes. Maybe ‘’brand ambassador?’’ If you’ve owned a Hyundai in the past you should bring that up. If you haven’t, personally I’d say something along the lines that ‘’I got this car for my daughter because Hyundai has a reputation for being reliable!’’

I pulled that move when I kept having the same issue with a BMW 3 series over and over again despite a flawless service record. My cousin’s boyfriend, who had worked in dealerships for years, told me to whine that I was losing passion for the brand and it worked.

Posting and having it time out annoys me.

Try again... Kiddo got in a collision during the "skills quest" portion of her race at Steamboat. Nobody seems to know what happened, it may have been a random and it may have been a kid in her group, but my kiddo doesn't know because she was splayed out on the ground and nobody who witnessed it seemed to know (or at least nobody said anything while my kid was around). Hard to know exactly what happened talking to a kid who got wrecked, so I don't know if I should be annoyed or enraged.

But the worst part is the outcome, small break in her upper arm that will keep her out of commission for at least 4 weeks. She's so bummed. Ugh.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sell the car immediately after getting it fixed (again), should be able to get money back in this market. Give the kid a bicycle.

Apparently it's not just a Hyundai thing:
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...motive-wiring/
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Name:  3seBRVX.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  21.8 KB
    Relatively low post count.

Goddamnit cat. Get out of there.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    See if you can speak with the ‘’brand rep.’’ I put that in quotations because I’m not sure if that’s a term that’s used around the country or just here amongst the Massholes. Maybe ‘’brand ambassador?’’ If you’ve owned a Hyundai in the past you should bring that up. If you haven’t, personally I’d say something along the lines that ‘’I got this car for my daughter because Hyundai has a reputation for being reliable!’’
    I've heard them called zone manager and regional manager. And Subaru has a national number for people with issues with the dealership that I've actually found helpful. My kid had a turbo that needed fixing that sat in the dealership for months because they had a lot of turbos needed fixing and one mechanic to do it. Only dealer in town. They gave him a free loaner under the warranty but then told him they wanted it back. The national complaint folks straightened it out and he kept the free loaner until his car was fixed. Maybe Hyundai has the same thing.

While dealers are compensated by the manufacturer for doing warranty and recall repairs they still lose money so they have zero incentive to help the owner out. In the case of the wiring thing I would assume the dealer gets nothing from Hyundai since it isn't an acknowledged defect so one would have to convince Hyundai to pay the dealer for the repair.

Thanks OG…….
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Thanks OG…….
    In the interest of full disclosure--when it was going to cost more to tow my DIL's car to a dealer for warranty work than the repair was going to cost Subaru gripe central refused to let a local shop fix it. So it doesn't always work.

Copy that. I may just go with Riser’s rec, this shit is giving me a non-Covid headache…….

FWIW, we've had pretty good results keeping mice out of the engine bay by placing a ziploc with some old fashioned moth balls on the garage floor underneath the engine area (when parked). Put a couple holes in the ziploc to let the smell out.

The dogs ignore the moth balls so no concern there.

We haven't had mice chew up any wiring in cars, but they have built nests in air boxes and cabin filter boxes, and chewed up the filters.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.