Page 1140 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 ... LastLast
Results 28,476 to 28,500 of 29793
    Water heater pilot light keeps going out, of course right before we head out of town.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

see if you can get fastfred to make a house call

this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Water heater pilot light keeps going out, of course right before we head out of town.
    Do you need hot water while you’re gone? Turn it off (hit the gas shutoff, too) and deal with it when you get back.
    focus.

Rental cars that lock on their own. When you left the keys inside thinking it was unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Do you need hot water while you’re gone? Turn it off (hit the gas shutoff, too) and deal with it when you get back.
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Youtube and give'r

Thermocoupler?

I’d check the overhead rotary girder first then, failing that, the flux capacitor.

I’m useless.
    I still call it The Jake.

I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.
    Take it to the indy shop of choice for a PPI and send the bill to the Underhillls.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    It's accessible. But I don't know what the fuck I'm doing; in matters like this, my city boy upbringing shines through. YouTube does make it look easy, but not gonna fuck with it, since before tonight I had no idea what a thermo coupler was.

Wait. It’s two words?

I’m with you on this one Danno.

Not my wheelhouse.

this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?
    Use the vibrator/

Fix the thermocoupler. Duh.

People who can't walk away from a non-critical issue and bitch on the internet.

It turned out to not be the TC, I had this guy in and it was this.

Go away. Take a cold shower.

Danno I've done maintenance in my house using youtube and I guarantee I am way less handy than you. Give it a shot. I think i actually replaced a thermocouple and picked one up at Grainger for $5. IT was just a remove and replace, screws and wires. So easy even a caveman can do it.

Give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? Return to a smoldering pile of ash after a 5 day camping trip?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    So easy even a caveman can do it.
    May need buttflake to confirm.
    mountainous regions are wonderlands

Orange peels left on the top of Mt. Helena annoy me.

^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.
    Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Kids.
    Real VTers tap trees.

instagram photoshoot at a trailhead this week.

*leans into the sticks* <shutter sound>

*leans into the sticks with a slight twist* <shutter sound>

Name:  tehGRAHAM (2).jpg
Views: 162
Size:  163.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    ^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?
    Haven't seen any glass. Just the occasional peels and pistachio shells and whatnot. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

We have a dyslexic mail carrier. We get tons of mail for a neighbor whose address is the same as ours with 2 of the 5 numbers switched. I drop off her mail, but we never seem to get any of ours from her, which worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I don't mind the artistic rock piles too much; it's the trail cairns left by people who have no idea where they're going that piss me off. Or this--doing the hike around Castle and Basin Peak and some jackass had blocked off the main trail with sticks in favor of a side trail going up Basin Peak. Fortunately I knew the right way but I wonder how many people were misled.

Piling rocks everywhere there are rocks, hanging padlocks on every bridge -- it's a millennial thing and one more reason to hate them ; - )