Page 1093 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,325 of 46047
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ...I did have one of their hotdogs today. Damn good.
    I am so due... It made it onto the bucket list after your initial stealth tasting
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...they make allowances for that in tailoring the pants.
    fact
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    There are stupid people everywhere but Costco in particular brings them out of the woodwork

Two spots open up on the left side. The lady next in line pulls ahead. Rather than take the middle pump, she parks at the far one forcing the truck behind her to try to parallel park in the middle, a near impossible task with the line of cars on the right. He did what he could but ended far enough out that the suburban was blocked in when it was done. Bravo lady!

Meanwhile pumps in front of me were all taken. After 3 or 4 minutes the truck at the farthest pump left. The other two cars each pulled ahead one pump. Shit heads were waiting this whole time rather than filling up??? Hadn't noticed as it's so normal now for people to get back in their cars and wait while the pump runs. And of course there's a big line behind them...

Umm, you had that view for 3-4 minutes (check right in front of your hood) and you're complaining WHY?

In all seriousness though, gas station idiocy is one of the primary reasons I want an EV for my next ride. "Refueling" in my garage overnight sounds way preferable.

Re: the bizarre carry people that I never knew about before this thread

What kind of fucking urban warzone do people live in that they need a titanium pointy stabby thing to attach to their other thing? Fucking shit, people.

Also, both COSTCO gas stations in my rotation are well-oiled machines and people that don't get it or fuck up the flow are routinely called out by the employee marshaling the process. It's awesome and like the best lift-line general you've ever seen.

It's a great show when you get some clown trying to enter the cue directly opposite 10 lanes of one-direction flow, or the guy who jams up 10 cars because he can't figure out that the pump will reach to the other side of his car.
    I still call it The Jake.

Finding out that one of your best bros, friend, coworker, mentor, ski partner is sick with the cancer
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Finding out that one of your best bros, friend, coworker, mentor, ski partner is sick with the cancer
    Oh man that's tough to hear. Hang in there and hope your pal wins the battle
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Sorry. Condolences to your both. Is the prognosis dire? Cancer isn't always a death sentence these days.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Could have just posted "getting gas at Costco".
    Well, it's a double-edged sword. Every gas station should force everyone to enter from the same direction, but OTOH you've got the idiots as evidenced by evdog's post. I still can't understand why it takes someone more than 30 seconds to exit their car when they pull up to the pump or when they're done pumping, but it seems to be a normal occurrence. And, yeah, the getting back into the car thing while the pump runs is just bizarre unless it's below zero or over 110.

Shit.. sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I did have one of their hotdogs today. Damn good. That onion cranking machine is so nostalgic. Was a bit pissed that they were out of kraut.
    It annoys me that you eat Costco hot dogs.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sorry. Condolences to your both. Is the prognosis dire? Cancer isn't always a death sentence these days.
    It doesn’t sound like the go for a shot once a week type of thing,he’s not the type you would think of first to get it but it’s not discriminating illness
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Vibes, my buddy is still trying to recover from neurological damage done by the cancer drugs. He still can not walk or stand but is making progress a bit each day.
    watch out for snakes

Gas station stupidity is rampant and a constant source of frustration. A lot of gas stations around here are one way but apparently that doesn't apply to everybody. No I won't pull up to whatever pump is open and drag the hose over my car even if it reaches. Sorry I'll wait, you don't have to like it, that gravel embedded in the hose won't be scratching my roof anymore.

Stop signs ARE NOT optional. That big thick white line at the leading edge of an intersection is where you're supposed to STOP the fucking car. Don't just casually roll past it, don't inch past it into the intersection while the light is red or other cars are moving away from their stop sign. I've watched a half dozen accidents happen this summer because people pull past the line and left turners take the front of their car off. Then they argue that it's not their fault while everyone sits and waits for the cop and tow truck to arrive

Costco makes their hoses long enough to fit over or around most rigs. Not so much other gas stations.

R.L. Vallee, Inc and Jolley Associates are holding up the permitting for Costco to sell gas in Colchester. The pumps are sitting there empty.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Stop signs ARE NOT optional. That big thick white line at the leading edge of an intersection is where you're supposed to STOP the fucking car. Don't just casually roll past it, don't inch past it into the intersection while the light is red or other cars are moving away from their stop sign. I've watched a half dozen accidents happen this summer because people pull past the line and left turners take the front of their car off. Then they argue that it's not their fault while everyone sits and waits for the cop and tow truck to arrive
    Most people are starting their left turn waaaay to early around here

:*(

Fuck cancer

​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    <snip>No I won't pull up to whatever pump is open and drag the hose over my car even if it reaches. Sorry I'll wait, you don't have to like it, that gravel embedded in the hose won't be scratching my roof anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Could have just posted "getting gas at Costco".
    Ha. I usually go early morning before the store opens so the gas station is deserted. Easy.... Needed gas mid afternoon on Sunday and there was a costco in big box store land hell right there, so I rolled the dice. Honestly things usually go smoothly even when super busy but there are always a couple morons who manage to hold up the entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Umm, you had that view for 3-4 minutes (check right in front of your hood) and you're complaining WHY?
    She was nothing special to look at. And was waiting in the car like I was while Larry and Moe waited for car #1 to fill up.

Also annoying as shit - everyone waiting in line for gas leaving their car running.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover
    No I won't pull up to whatever pump is open and drag the hose over my car even if it reaches. Sorry I'll wait, you don't have to like it, that gravel embedded in the hose won't be scratching my roof anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. GTFO. Nobody has time for your shit. How in the fuck is gravel getting embedded in a hose that can't physically touch the ground?

I pulled up behind some dude at Costco last week, all pumps occupied. He was waiting square in the middle of the 2 lanes. The right pump opened up and he didn't budge, 15 seconds later the 2nd right pump cleared out, still no movement. I flashed my lights at him and he stuck his middle finger out of his window. I went around him and while I was getting situated a car left the pump on the left. Dude furiously pulled into the spot, got out of his car, pointed at my gas cap on the other side of the truck (we were driving the same Taco), and started laughing. I raised an eyebrow and pulled the hose over the truck, never touching the roof by the way. Dude sheepishly told me he didn't think it would reach. That's what she said was my response.

Nobody ever needs to refuel on the wrong side.

Your tank is on the right? Join the line on the left.

Anyone too stupid to do that should have their license revoked. Fucking amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I pulled up behind some dude at Costco last week, all pumps occupied. He was waiting square in the middle of the 2 lanes. The right pump opened up and he didn't budge, 15 seconds later the 2nd right pump cleared out, still no movement. I flashed my lights at him and he stuck his middle finger out of his window. I went around him and while I was getting situated a car left the pump on the left. Dude furiously pulled into the spot, got out of his car, pointed at my gas cap on the other side of the truck (we were driving the same Taco), and started laughing. I raised an eyebrow and pulled the hose over the truck, never touching the roof by the way. Dude sheepishly told me he didn't think it would reach. That's what she said was my response.
    That guy has a beat-down in his future.