Page 1345 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 ... LastLast
Results 33,601 to 33,625 of 46197
    News feeds at gas pumps. Why the fuck do I need to hear about current affairs while I'm filling up my gas tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Me.

My backyard backs onto a field with some large trees. I saw someone had recently made a swing in one of the trees with a rope and an old tire. Saw some kids playing on it.

The second I noticed my first instinct was annoyance and I stared to wonder if I should cut it down now, or later when it's dark.

WTH is that shit? I've always been a fairly positive, live and let live type. What a weird initial reaction. I do not want to be that person. I will smile and wave every time I see people playing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Explained to the resident idiot of the neighborhood yesterday that watering his lawn for 5 minutes every three hours in the middle of the day is not only wasteful but we are also in a drought.
    Fuckers sprinklers are on now.
    Does he do that 24/7? Or just during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Me.

My backyard backs onto a field with some large trees. I saw someone had recently made a swing in one of the trees with a rope and an old tire. Saw some kids playing on it.

The second I noticed my first instinct was annoyance and I stared to wonder if I should cut it down now, or later when it's dark.

WTH is that shit? I've always been a fairly positive, live and let live type. What a weird initial reaction. I do not want to be that person. I will smile and wave every time I see people playing on it.
    Is the swing/tree on your property?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    News feeds at gas pumps. Why the fuck do I need to hear about current affairs while I'm filling up my gas tank?
    So they can sell ads. It isn’t for you.

What? Did you think it was for you?? Adorable.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Does he do that 24/7? Or just during the day.

Just started the other day. So far just seeing it during the day. I’ll be talking to him again. Not just going to call the city on him. Hopefully I can talk some sense into him.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Just started the other day. So far just seeing it during the day. I’ll be talking to him again. Not just going to call the city on him. Hopefully I can talk some sense into him.
    Why not? And why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why not? And why bother?
    Because I have to live here 2 doors down.
    I don’t have to be an asshole right away. I got time to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Remeber this post? Came off a local lost pets FB page. It was updated today and now I'm beyond annoyed I'm freakin' pissed off but hey... at least she'll find a home where she will be loved and not tossed out on the side of the road.

Just be happy for the dog. She is in a much better place now. Poor pup. They should report the original owners for dumping that dog. They put her there so she would fall off the truck.

Possible outcomes: 1) He's cool with abiding by the ordinance, you guys crack a beer, everything cool.
    2) He's a dick and thinks your an asshole.
    3) He eventually gets busted, thinks you are an asshole for ratting him out.

100% chance it’s either #2 or #3...

Maybe mind your own business for a bit and slow play it then if it’s still happening next week, call the city then. You’ve got nothing to gain by being a pain in his ass about watering his lawn multiple times in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Totally went through my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is the swing/tree on your property?
    No, it's a public park. Technically it probably shouldn't be there but I disappointed my self by having such a negative initial reaction to it. Schools have been closed for months, let them have some time outside away from their screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Possible outcomes: 1) He's cool with abiding by the ordinance, you guys crack a beer, everything cool.
    2) He's a dick and thinks your an asshole.
    3) He eventually gets busted, thinks you are an asshole for ratting him out.
    He can think whatever he’d like.
    I’ll be the first to tell him I called on him if it comes to that. I’m not afraid to be an asshole, I’d just prefer not to.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    100% chance it’s either #2 or #3...
    You’ve got nothing to gain by being a pain in his ass about watering his lawn multiple times in a week.
    Multiple times a day, everyday of the week.

So, every three hours for five minutes? Like 20 minutes total? Is that against an ordinance?

My point has been lost here. Watering by day during a bad drought in a desert climate is a no go. Basic common sense.

My point has been lost here. Watering by day during a bad drought in a desert climate is a no go. Basic common sense.
    Word.

Sorry, you were not citing an ordinance, just suggesting doing the right thing. Shitty reading comprehension on my behalf.

Does he at least have nice grass?

We just got .80 of rain this week and are above average for the month. Grass is fine for awhile without sprinklers. Save the water for later.

There is no fucking need to water your lawn in any April in Utah I've been here.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    We just got .80 of rain this week and are above average for the month. Grass is fine for awhile without sprinklers. Save the water for later.

There is no fucking need to water your lawn in any April in Utah I've been here.
    Agreed, I usually wait till the end of May to start watering things. But is it possible he just seeded? Cause that watering schedule sounds like he's trying to get seedlings to take, no other reason to water for short periods so frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Agreed, I usually wait till the end of May to start watering things. But is it possible he just seeded? Cause that watering schedule sounds like he's trying to get seedlings to take, no other reason to water for short periods so frequently.
    It certainly does sound that way huh. Turns out he did not seed. He probably should’ve but nope.
    And no, he doesn’t have nice grass Paul.
    That’s why this shit annoys me. It’s for no reason at all. Just wasting water.

Man, there’s a lot of shitty things a shitty neighbor could do to be shitty.
    If they’re not keeping me from sleeping at night or doing something to lower my property value, I’m inclined to leave my neighbors alone.

However many are in a shit ton.

Multiple times a day, everyday of the week.
    You’ve got too much time on your hands and not enough to do...

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    You’ve got too much time on your hands and not enough to do...

Totally. Still not a fan of wasting natural resources.