Page 1157 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... LastLast
Results 28,901 to 28,925 of 29353
    CBD energy products. What?

Next will be cocaine infused sleeping tonics.

Getting a bit out of control with the CBD shit. It’s the new “green” or “organic” or “GMO Free”. Means absolutely nothing other than a word to put on a label to sell it to schmucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Seriously. Having to think 10 steps ahead just to avoid some lighthearted, casual conversation? Sheesh. Guy must be fun at parties.
    Not as much fun as the guy in college who fantasized about being a proctologist and used to show up at parties wearing rubber gloves and asking people if he could do rectal exams on them. I am not making this up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you want to lose your faith in humanity, join Nextdoor and read the bitching from your neighbors.
    The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied. (In SF you're doing well if yo can park within a half mile of your house.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied. (In SF you're doing well if yo can park within a half mile of your house.)
    Friend in LA just got keyed for parking in front of his neighbors house as friends spot was taken. Wasn't just a small scratch, looks like some drunk was playing tic-tac-toe on his driver door. I think I was more angry seeing the photo than my friend was. "You don't mess with another man's car....or parking spot"

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Seriously. Having to think 10 steps ahead just to avoid some lighthearted, casual conversation? Sheesh. Guy must be fun at parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Friend in LA just got keyed for parking in front of his neighbors house as friends spot was taken. Wasn't just a small scratch, looks like some drunk was playing tic-tac-toe on his driver door. I think I was more angry seeing the photo than my friend was. "You don't mess with another man's car....or parking spot"
    Keying your neighbor's car seems like a great way to make both parties' lives miserable for years.
    Now in places like Boston, where people shovel out their spots when the snow is deep, I agree you don't park in someone else's spot, at least not during snow season. When I've visited my kid in Boston I was struck that almost all the parking in the center of the city was resident only. Driving anywhere in town seemed like the closest available parking might be your own house so you might as well take the T or an Uber.

Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.

@muted: Time for your friend to burn dude's fucking house down.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied.
    When I first moved to Seattle 20+ years ago I parked my car on the street in a swanky neighborhood (Laurelhurst). There was a guy out in his yard who questioned what I was doing there and that his wife "parks in that spot." I told him it looked like a public street to me and went on my way. I guess I'm lucky he didn't key my car. Until that time I would have never even considered that anyone feels any kind of entitlement to a parking spot on the street in front of their house. So bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @muted: Time for your friend to burn dude's fucking house down.
    I agree but friend said he's not even going to mention it to him, apparently the guy is intimidating. The drug dealer on his block said this guy did the same thing to his car, they also did nothing except move their car, LA is crazy that's all I know. I live in fantasyland where we borrow cups of sugar from our neighbors and we feed their dogs while out of town. And our housing is probably $2k-a-month less to live here and we park in driveways/garages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.
    That's fucking bullshit. Report the fucker. However, your wife will need another job.

Can't they just put a folding chair in the street like those Yinzer clowns in Pittsburgh?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you want to lose your faith in humanity, join Nextdoor and read the bitching from your neighbors.

This. You'll never go outside again.
    Trying to peel my wife away from it to stop the screaming.

Why is it so hard to make garment tags that don't scratch the back of your neck? Or just eliminate them?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    This. You'll never go outside again.
    Trying to peel my wife away from it to stop the screaming.
    Lol, I read it one day and now I'm convinced that the neighborhood kids are actually roving gangs of murderers and car thieves.

That and someone by the pool still hasn't properly trimmed their azaelias.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Why is it so hard to make garment tags that don't scratch the back of your neck? Or just eliminate them?
    I miss tags on my fruit of the loom t-shirts. I like to be able to put them on in the dark and without a tag it's really hard to tell front from back.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    When I first moved to Seattle 20+ years ago I parked my car on the street in a swanky neighborhood (Laurelhurst). There was a guy out in his yard who questioned what I was doing there and that his wife "parks in that spot." I told him it looked like a public street to me and went on my way. I guess I'm lucky he didn't key my car. Until that time I would have never even considered that anyone feels any kind of entitlement to a parking spot on the street in front of their house. So bizarre.
    It always seems to me that there's a different rule for streets with no sidewalk and the gravel patch between street and property.

A Curb and sidewalk? Those are fair game.

I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

I don't think she'd ever heard some of the words I called her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ...I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

Entitlement. Entitled people are annoying as shit.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Intelligent and thoughtful?

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Intelligent and thoughtful?
    I expect so, though with the thick British accent they probably sounded more like “ignorant fucking cunt.”

I get a little salty when somebody parks in front of my house, but I’m aware of my unreasonable crabbiness and try to correct. My next door neighbor parks in front of my house all summer and when I see him not there I have a strong urge to move my car from my driveway to his spot.

But I don’t need any passive aggressive battles with those neighbors. Fully engaged on the other side.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I expect so, though with the thick British accent
    You new around here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You new around here?
    Yeah, I’m the new guy.

Jokes. I have no idea how you talk and I do not care.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I miss tags on my fruit of the loom t-shirts. I like to be able to put them on in the dark and without a tag it's really hard to tell front from back.
    Same with the last batch of boxers I bought but they have a tag on both the front and the back. Have to feel for the crotch which should be fool proof but I still seem to get them on backwards half the time. Whose dumb fucking idea was it to put two tags in them? :lol:

We just hired a new admin assistant for our office. HR in all its wisdom decided she would be a 1099 independent contractor. Maybe they can get away with that in Florida but it won't fly in California. Finally got that corrected today. Side note, the candidate just graduated with a degree in HR and business management. Should I be disappointed she didn't call the company out on that herself?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can't they just put a folding chair in the street like those Yinzer clowns in Pittsburgh?
    Ay! Worch yer mauth jagoff.

It always seems to me that there's a different rule for streets with no sidewalk and the gravel patch between street and property.

A Curb and sidewalk? Those are fair game.

I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

regarding the gravel area--depends where the property lines are, but chances are that gravel is still public ROW and just as legal as if there were a curb. In the Nextdoor conversation I referred to one commenter made the excellent observation that it is up to the city council or the HOA or whoever is in charge to make rules; individuals don't get to make their own rules and if they want their rule to apply to everyone they need to convince the authorities to enact it. In the absence of formal rules different people have different ideas of what is polite and considerate.

In Truckee we have such a gravel area but most of it is on our property (surveyed). When people (next door short term renters, who usually people but sometimes subhuman) park there they generally leave when asked, only had to call a tow truck once. Nowadays we keep poles up to keep people from parking there. Parking on other people's property (not talking about on the public ROW) is endemic in our neighborhood. What's really fun is when the idiot weekly renters park in our driveway because there's no parking place plowed for the rental. The fact that now our plow service can't properly plow us doesn't seem to concern them.

Ah, the joys of living in an area with a lot of short term rentals . . . but I wouldn't live anywhere else. The little aggravations are far outweighed by the pleasure of living in Eden, at least until it all burns down.

IRS, not the state. They don’t fuck around with that shit. When I worked for a general contractor, we’d get levy notices on our subs - Billy Bob Construction owes $200k in payroll taxes and penalties because IRS classified all his 1099 IC’s as W2 employees , you pay anything due to the IRS, not Billy Bob.

That used to happen to me regularly when I lived in the Sugarhood in SLC. Not for dog walking but for the fireworks. The house was within 10 minutes of the park where they set off the biggest show in the valley and people would invariably insist that driveways were fair game once the street parking was taken. I'd have to make sure to park at the very edge of the driveway if I wanted to go anywhere that night since asshats would start their invasion around 5pm then get stuck until midnight trying to navigate a massively traffic-jammed neighborhood. Since the Mos have their own holiday in July it would happen twice that month. One year I walked home to find 3 fucking cars in my driveway and people with camping chairs on the street and in my front yard. Had to team up with neighbors on each side to get them to GTFO and you'd have thought we were actively destroying their dreams. They didn't even have kids...