Page 1277 of 1296 FirstFirst ... 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... LastLast
Results 31,901 to 31,925 of 32380
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    People on a conference call with a smoke detector low battery beep going in the background.
    Ugh, my wife has a few of those calls every day. I hear it and immediately trigger, and start looking for our unit needing a battery. Fuckers. Replace your smoke alarm batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    MTM, as for why, well, it's a good experience to compete in something, to be part of a team, to work hard at getting better at something. And she wants to, the money sucks and the nickel and diming really sucks, but it's super cool that when we told her we signed her up for ski racing she pumped her fist and said "yes!"
    I know this is the "shit that annoys you" thread - but I thought I'd make it opposite Thursday and say - this does NOT annoy me.
    In fact, it's such an awesome thing.

It's really easy to push your kids to do what you like to do. And my father, bless the guy, also always seemed to infer some moral good in his preferred activities. So, I, being really different (personality wise) than the rest of my family - who always wondered if aliens dropped me off there - well, I always really tried to like the same stuff my dad did. But I didn't. And I always felt bad about simply being me. And honestly, I probably do some of the same with my child. I honestly try really hard not to, but it's hard to accomplish well, even if you have good role models.

So, big kudo's to you for watching, caring and being really interested in helping your kids find what *THEY* want to do and encouraging them. That's really important for a ton of reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'm on a organization meeting that is boring and it has now been publicized that it's not ok to go feed the ducks.
    Is that a euphemism for masturbating during a zoom meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I know this is the "shit that annoys you" thread - but I thought I'd make it opposite Thursday and say - this does NOT annoy me.
    In fact, it's such an awesome thing.

It's really easy to push your kids to do what you like to do. And my father, bless the guy, also always seemed to infer some moral good in his preferred activities. So, I, being really different (personality wise) than the rest of my family - who always wondered if aliens dropped me off there - well, I always really tried to like the same stuff my dad did. But I didn't. And I always felt bad about simply being me. And honestly, I probably do some of the same with my child. I honestly try really hard not to, but it's hard to accomplish well, even if you have good role models.

So, big kudo's to you for watching, caring and being really interested in helping your kids find what *THEY* want to do and encouraging them. That's really important for a ton of reasons!
    Thanks! But of course, I may have had just a wee bit of influence on skiing being part of her chosen activity.

I have no ski racing background and didn't push her to racing at all (and in some ways would have preferred that she chose something else), but skiing was not an optional activity as she has been growing up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Im annoyed when my kids call me bruh. Its critical, however, that they dont see my annoyance, or bruh will be the only thing they call me.

(Note that I do correct them when were have a serious conversation about school or behavior or shit - Im not your bruh Im your dad. Which I guess serves as their marker that this is one of those conversations.)
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Im annoyed when my kids call me bruh. Its critical, however, that they dont see my annoyance, or bruh will be the only thing they call me.

(Note that I do correct them when were have a serious conversation about school or behavior or shit - Im not your bruh Im your dad. Which I guess serves as their marker that this is one of those conversations.)
    Ha...sounds familiar

My 8 yr old daughter now says "yes ma'am" to everything I say now
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

(Note that I do correct them when we’re have a serious conversation about school or behavior or shit - “I’m not your bruh I’m your dad.” Which I guess serves as their marker that this is one of those conversations.)
    When I was 15 or so I started calling my parents Pp and Mm which is grandpa and grandma in French. To mock them for being old since I was a shithead.
    They were annoyed but didn't show it so my sister adopted it. Within a few years some of their friends started using it and now it's their universal nickname. They just became actual grandparents, 22 years after they got the name.
    Beware the long game!

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    8 yr old and already with the savage burn? Vibes booner.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yes.

I get this occasionally, and respond with and eyeroll and "OK, Zoomer."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks! But of course, I may have had just a wee bit of influence on skiing being part of her chosen activity.

I have no ski racing background and didn't push her to racing at all (and in some ways would have preferred that she chose something else), but skiing was not an optional activity as she has been growing up.
    Just be prepared for when the rigors of racing start to become annoying as they are prone to do with young skiers, and the allure of the mogul/freestyle team with their casual attitudes and negotiable virtues takes her to the dark side of the ski hill.

At least, that's how it happened to me around that age.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes.
    Yeah this was covered around page 4 of the Rat Flu thread when it was called something else and it was less of a giant meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Ha...sounds familiar

This is hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just be prepared for when the rigors of racing start to become annoying as they are prone to do with young skiers, and the allure of the mogul/freestyle team with their casual attitudes and negotiable virtues takes her to the dark side of the ski hill.
    ID Ones aren't cheap either, but you don't usually need 3 pairs of them so it'll seem like a bargain.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Did it wake you up? Mine only starts chirping around 3am. It would suck to have that wake you up mid zoom call.
    I don't know how people can go on with their day with the constant chirping.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven - the batteries will only start to die in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The cost of skiing is rather insignificant compared to luxury yachting. A 60' slip at Port Hurcule in Monaco can go for $US 3-4K a day. I personally preferred the Monaco Yacht Club but father always thought the harbormaster there was a bit of a buffoon.
    Ahoy polloi!

Name:  4jhkzp.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  47.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just be glad she's not into yacht jumping.
    It is actually surprisingly financially accessible.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ID Ones aren't cheap either, but you don't usually need 3 pairs of them so it'll seem like a bargain.
    True (and I still can't figure out why those are so expensive). Thankfully my competitive mogul skiing was in those glorious times known as the 90's when just about every company offered a bump ski, and some like Hart offered several. I was unapologetically loyal to my Sollys though which did raise the cost of everything by a factor of 3.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Man, let me tell ya'll bout show jumping. I'm not the one forking the bill as it is my sister that rides but it is astronomically expensive. Board, vet fees, show fees, trainer fees, truck, trailer, hotels, diesel, and, oh yeah, those animals are expensive as fuck, too. It is driving my old man up the wall.
    Is sis over 18?
    If so, need some pics, or it will be annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit that annoys you

Secure email is annoying to me.... its not fucking email if I have to go to a website to read it. The exception is Zixs managed TLS.... but everything else.....

Id probably be less annoyed if they just stopped referring to it as email. Its not email. Just say we arent going to interact with you conveniently anymore and take responsibility for managing what we do and dont allow to be included in email communication. Now you need to log into our shitty secure message board to read important messages from your account representative, like: No update yet. Were still hoping to have this fully resolved by the end of the day, though.
    focus.

Yeah, that's annoying
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Neighbor doing super mega thorough gutter cleaning and leaf blowing.

Hey buddy, we both have 100 foot deciduous trees and only 5% of the leaves are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Microsoft Teams annoys me. What a pile of shit. And it's only getting worse as Microsoft's pointy-elbowed tactics further spread across the enterprise.
    Fucking hell, could they have done a worse job? We just started using it and I don't use it much but it failed as a work texting app and we're back to Zipwhip. Our boss called my partner on Teams. WTF just use the mother-fucking phone "app" that you have for years.

Yeah, fuck teams too.

We dont use it internally, but were getting lots of conference calls being set up as teams calls from partners. Weve taken to asking them to please use something else, and offering to set up a zoom call if they dont have an alternative. Im sure you guys are mostly talking about the full solution, but fuck is it terrible for video conferencing.
    focus.

Yeah, fuck teams too.

We dont use it internally, but were getting lots of conference calls being set up as teams calls from partners. Weve taken to asking them to please use something else, and offering to set up a zoom call if they dont have an alternative. Im sure you guys are mostly talking about the full solution, but fuck is it terrible for video conferencing.
    Teams is actually way better as a video conf tool than as a full package, which is really saying something. As a co working platform it sucks way worse

Ive never used Teams but we just recently shifted to Skype calling as the company was spending millions of dollars a quarter on conference bridge costs. Im a big fan of Skype over the 800 conference bridge number. The voice quality is so much better with Skype over having everyone dialed in via cell phone.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

My wife teaches the child of the coupe who heads MS Teams. Funny how she found out. She was conferencing with them individually early in the year when the woman asked how my wife was getting along with Teams. She made a few vague comments not wanting to talk down on the schools chosen platform. The lady nonchalantly said well we helped create it are CFO (and I think CEO of the division) and if you have any issues whats so ever we can help you.

Do you guys have a hang up / question or just overall dissatisfaction?