Page 1338 of 1396 FirstFirst ... 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 ... LastLast
Results 33,426 to 33,450 of 34894
    The wife and I have been watching the sitcom "Gavin & Stacey" and I will admit a soft spot for some Welsh slang. "Tidy," for example. It's sort of like "cool."
    For example
    - Did you get your vaccine yet?
    - Yes
    - Tidy!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Lousy spunk trumpet.
    Now THAT's got legs.

I usually sign off with Cheers.
    It’s 1000x better than alternatives; Yours, Yours Truly, Sincerely, Love, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My tax refund from last year is still listed as "under review." The IRS provides very little contact info (I'm not surprised). Does anyone have any idea wtf I should do?
    The IRS is way way behind--pandemic, lack of staffing, having to issue multiple stimulus checks. That's why they delayed filing until May. All you can do is wait. And if you're expecting a refund check by US Mail--you're doubly fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I usually sign off with Cheers.
    It’s 1000x better than alternatives; Yours, Yours Truly, Sincerely, Love, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm using British slang by using "Cheers"? Now I'm chuffed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Never mind them
    here's the Sex Pistols, ya maggots!

I've got kids in soccer, and I still play, and there's a bunch of people from Great Britain involved, so there's way too much of this language floating around daily life. It's not a fucking pitch, it's a field.

But I do like sorted. So get your shit sorted and shut the fuck up.

I watch this guy on youtube, very good simple cook, but he uses the term "moreish" a bit more than I'd like.

https://www.youtube.com/user/foodbusker

"Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end. (I'll cut FDR some slack, but just once).
    "Pants" does.
    "Sports" does.

(People who talk about their freedoms don't understand what freedom is because they've always had it and take it for granted.)

I like, and use, the Scottish "are you fit?" or "are you fit, like?" for "are you ready?"
    Also, they call groceries, or shopping "messages"...
    "I'm away to the store to pick up my messages"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end. (I'll cut FDR some slack, but just once).
    "Pants" does.
    "Sports" does.

(People who talk about their freedoms don't understand what freedom is because they've always had it and take it for granted.)
    While it’s an easy one to misuse, it isn’t true that it’s incorrect to refer to multiple instances of specific freedoms as ... freedoms. You can indeed count off different types and examples and use the s to indicate a plural.

Overly rigid, prescriptive, and ultimately incorrect grammar “rules” annoy me.
    focus.

Vid of bunny attempting to tour

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

"Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end.
    And "math" should have one, even though nobody over here puts one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    While it’s an easy one to misuse, it isn’t true that it’s incorrect to refer to multiple instances of specific freedoms as ... freedoms. You can indeed count off different types and examples and use the s to indicate a plural.

Overly rigid, prescriptive, and ultimately incorrect grammar “rules” annoy me.
    Where were you ~ 30 years ago when I used freedoms in scrabble and it was determined it was not a word? It was a tight game and it cost me big time. Yes, I still remember it 30 years later.

My fucking cable company annoys me.....We have our home alarm system through them. One of the motion detectors shit the bed. I literally spent two fucking hours last night on a video "chat" trying to install the new one they sent me......Could not actually speak to a human being, and they refused to send anyone out to do the job. I never knew I was a contract employee for fucking Xfinity ( formerly Comcast).....Assholes. Reminded me of this:

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Annoying when a window breaks for no good reason (all we can figure is that recent weed-whacking flung a small rock into it, unnoticed).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	371139

Now you can have sex behind it.

Do you have kids? I broke a window with a tennis ball as a kid that ended up looking just like that, but there were no marks left from the impact(s) that caused the window to break.
    Relentlessly pursuing beauty in an irredeemably ugly world.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My tax refund from last year is still listed as "under review." The IRS provides very little contact info (I'm not surprised). Does anyone have any idea wtf I should do?
    I feel your pain, I just got my refund from my 2018 taxes about two months ago. They questioned if I was me and wouldn't release the check until confirmed. Their stupid confirmation process took months of me sending them shit, filling out shit, responding to shit. I finally gave up and passed it off to my accountant, it took her another 3 months of dealing with them on the daily before they finally sent me a check.

A bummer

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	757.6 KB 
ID:	371253

Annoying.

But, victory snatched from the jaws of defeat as the tear was only about 1/2 the width of the leaf. Ha! Haha!

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	371254
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Bollocks.
    Can we get the Brits to put “the” before hospital?

Sick people aren’t in hospital. They’re in the hospital.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

The new eBay fuck you seller, the USPS shitshow is your burden for our “guarantee”, policy

The mf’ing Geico motorcycle commercial! My brain apparently likes the damn song as I keep waking up at 3am singing it.

Apologies if your brain malfunctions like mine and you start singing it.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

"Freedom" doesn't have an "s" at the end.
    Usage-wise in the US I'll agree but semantically the "s" is more correct. You don't have complete freedom. You have the freedom to do a number of things, and those are your freedoms. You have freedoms, you don't have freedom.

Graffiti on chairlifts

Name:	Image1618281847.212851.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	371358

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Usage-wise in the US I'll agree but semantically the "s" is more correct. You don't have complete freedom. You have the freedom to do a number of things, and those are your freedoms. You have freedoms, you don't have freedom.
    Calling bullshit, Ice. You have the freedom to do multiple things. You don't possess freedoms because of many things you are free to do.

You don't have the freedoms to choose what bathroom to shit in, even though you may have 7.

Anyway, freebird.