Page 1231 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 ... LastLast
Results 30,751 to 30,775 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Deserved.
    So far we're at about $2500, new steering angle sensor, new hub & bearing, new knuckle, alignment. Hoping the hit on the L side didn't fuck up everything on the R too...

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Day 6 of "your item in on the delivery
    vehicle and scheduled for delivery today" Fuck you UPS!
    The new normal delivery time from Amazon is facked. Been waiting what seems like weeks.

When I ordered the item I got an email that asked: "Do you really need this item? If not please cancel your order."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The fact that this is the wheel position I need to maintain in order to go straight annoys me:

Attachment 328133

This was caused by my stupidity with assistance from the Taco's hood. I don't understand how Toyota managed to design a vehicle with a hood so flat and wide that if you're going downhill ever so slightly you can't see shit in front of you. That includes the enormous boulder I ran into after cresting a small hill on some shitty ATV road. I can't wait to see the bill on this one...
    My OCD would be off the charts..

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Deserved.
    So far we're at about $2500, new steering angle sensor, new hub & bearing, new knuckle, alignment. Hoping the hit on the L side didn't fuck up everything on the R too...
    I blame fat mericans
    Bigger is better. Not.

The taco used to be a small pickup.
    Then they saw what ford did to the f150 to make it the best selling vehicle.

Pickup truck beds used to load able
    Now it’s cool to have steps in the tailgate.

Side beds on pickups used to be accessible.
    I used to be able to put my leg up and over the side of a bed.
    Now it’s up to my nipples.

Fucking stupid ass suburban trolls not realizing that a pickup is a tool and should be useful and accessible
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Attachment 328119

“Heirloom” tent stake hammer. Fuck right off. What the fuck happened to the outdoor industry. Artisanal tent pegs sold separately.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    but it’s got a built in bottletop mangler!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The new normal delivery time from Amazon is facked. Been waiting what seems like weeks.

When I ordered the item I got an email that asked: "Do you really need this item? If not please cancel your order."
    Wish I'd gotten that message on my last order. 2 weeks out without shipping. Serves me right for being lazy and using Amazon. I do not envy those warehouse workers.

Deserved.
    Oh damn. I feel kinda bad now.

That sucks, mang.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I blame fat mericans
    Bigger is better. Not.

The taco used to be a small pickup.
    Then they saw what ford did to the f150 to make it the best selling vehicle.

Pickup truck beds used to load able
    Now it’s cool to have steps in the tailgate.

Side beds on pickups used to be accessible.
    I used to be able to put my leg up and over the side of a bed.
    Now it’s up to my nipples.

Fucking stupid ass suburban trolls not realizing that a pickup is a tool and should be useful and accessible
    Our neighbor has a mint Taco that looks to be 1st generation. It's smaller than my Forester. The new Tacos are bigger than Tundras from 10 years ago too...

There's no doubt the way it's designed now is mostly to drive around town and pick up kids from school in style. Maybe bringing 2x4s back from the Home Depot once in a while.
    I bet in the old Taco I'd have seen the fucking rock but the specially designed blinding hood screwed me. Not seeing a rock that was about 2' tall on the passenger side while going about 10 mph is depressing...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Oh damn. I feel kinda bad now.
    That sucks, mang.
    No worries, as I wrote above I drove straight into a rock while driving a shitty dirt-road shortcut. Brought it on myself. It ended up taking me twice as long as the much better dirt road I drove on the way in and I go stuck navigating a maze of dirt roads that all dead-ended in private property. I bet I completely trashed the tires too, would make sense to have to replace those as extra punishment.
    And it's Ms Boissal trucks so I'm walking on eggshells...

She's probably posting in the "I love my husband and all..." thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    She's probably posting in the "I love my husband and all..." thread right now.
    HA! I've said this before but if that thread exists on LadyTGR.com it's 4x as long as ours...

This was caused by my stupidity with assistance from the Taco's hood. I don't understand how Toyota managed to design a vehicle with a hood so flat and wide that if you're going downhill ever so slightly you can't see shit in front of you. That includes the enormous boulder I ran into after cresting a small hill on some shitty ATV road. I can't wait to see the bill on this one...
    That's how Toyota teaches you to off-road: first: no matter how slow you're going, it's too fast, and second, tires go on the high spots, you don't straddle them. Should have put a wheel up on that boulder to take some sick flex shots.

Deserved.
    Driving back to the timeshare from Kirkwood, came flying around a sharp corner to run about a 10 inch rock straight over. Immediate oil pan destruction, turned off the motor, while it also destroyed the CAT and exhaust. Easily $5k in total repairs
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That's how Toyota teaches you to off-road: first: no matter how slow you're going, it's too fast, and second, tires go on the high spots, you don't straddle them. Should have put a wheel up on that boulder to take some sick flex shots.
    Well, the wheel did its best to get up high on that rock, I could probably have sent it if I had been going 12 mph instead of 10... Seriously though, if anyone's driven one of the more recent Tacos off road it's fucking ridiculous how poorly you see what's in front of you.
    I really dislike off-roading in general as I always feel like it's a matter of time until something breaks. I used to ride bikes around Moab a ton and can't even count the number of times I stumbled on a disabled Jeep or equivalent with a ripped off wheel and large puddle of oil leaking out. Every time the owner would be laughing about it and I'd have steam coming out of my ear at the thought of paying for the repairs...
    I spend a fair amount of time on dirt roads to access climbing spots but most are no worse than the pavement around SLC. Anytime things get a bit technical I get gripped and want no part of it... which is exactly what happened last weekend. Petrotainment isn't for me, I'm too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Driving back to the timeshare from Kirkwood, came flying around a sharp corner to run about a 10 inch rock straight over. Immediate oil pan destruction, turned off the motor, while it also destroyed the CAT and exhaust. Easily $5k in total repairs
    Holy fuck. I barely dodged a pretty decent sized rock that had rolled onto the Big Cottonwood Canyon road in April and I still have cold sweats about it. Same scenario, zooming down the road after skiing, and halfway through the curve I see this block. Got really lucky I didn't hit it or swerve too much and get creamed by uphill traffic. I could see rolling a car in a situation like that...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    We were on our way to Crusty Butte one winter and came around a curve right into a boulder field of rockfall on Monarch Pass... we were able to easily snake through it, 'cause we were going so slowly, but the Hummer coming the other direction apparently didn't see it and smacked into the largest (dorm fridge sized) full speed. Smashed the shit out of that vehicle. We then spent an hour getting the driver's wife down to a pay phone, then back up to the vehicle to wait for the tow truck.

I still can't figure out how the driver didn't see that pile of rocks in the road...

Holy fuck. I barely dodged a pretty decent sized rock that had rolled onto the Big Cottonwood Canyon road in April and I still have cold sweats about it. Same scenario, zooming down the road after skiing, and halfway through the curve I see this block. Got really lucky I didn't hit it or swerve too much and get creamed by uphill traffic. I could see rolling a car in a situation like that...
    When I lived in Silver Fork, I was driving down canyon behind a friend when he was hit by a rock rolling onto the road. We were below Mill D and heading down when a grapefruit sized rock came trundling down the slope on the north side of the canyon and scored a direct hit on the back right tire. Friend said it sounded and felt like a blowout, but when he didn't hear the hallmark fapping of a deflated tire, he kept on rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Not just Amazon. The condensate pump on my heating system shit the bed, went to buy a new one. Nothing in stock locally, Home Depot had them but it's a 2 hour drive (round trip) and delivery will take 2 weeks. Found one on eBay instead, guaranteed delivery in 5 days, ordered. It's now been 12 days, my package is on the other side of the state and I'm still emptying the old pump tank every day. It's supposed to snow tomorrow which means it'll probably be on a weather hold as well. Should have just made the drive I guess.

People posting shit like this in my (public sector) office really fucking annoys me. Leave your fucking politics at home, you wastes of oxygen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2518.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	328278

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    People posting shit like this in my (public sector) office really fucking annoys me. Leave your fucking politics at home, you wastes of oxygen.

Name:	IMG_2518.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	328278
    Well, since it annoys you, let’s have some fun

Name:  C017608F-D81C-47D9-B34F-6DEC994C6BE6.jpeg
Views: 2398
Size:  42.6 KB
    . . .

Corporate overlord rant - clueless marketing people annoy me.
    You'd think sales & marketing would be in sync, always striving for the same goal, but I've yet to see it.

just need to put some stuff in my truck...

Name:	FU.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	328399

Climb up on their hood and stomp on it?

The ridic part is that there wasn't anyone parked behind her (there never is). She parks that way because she clearly never looks more than a few feet beyond her front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Wish I'd gotten that message on my last order. 2 weeks out without shipping. Serves me right for being lazy and using Amazon. I do not envy those warehouse workers.
    I've been learning that there are better places to order from than Amazon these days. I might keep it up after the Covid is over. I get why Amazon is doing it so maybe I'll go back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    just need to put some stuff in my truck...

Name:	FU.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	328399
    Love it when people park too close to my rear bumper in the ski area parking lot. Their hood makes a nice place to rest your boots while you unbuckle them while sitting in the back of the Forester. Bonus points if it's spring and the boots are muddy.

Working with people who have limited computer skills. I've been trying to hand a task at work over to another employee. After six months I still have to sit with her each month and help her through it, and it's not something that is complicated or difficult at all. The worst part is watching her plod through excel going into menus for every action rather than use any keyboard shortcuts. So painful to watch...