Page 1111 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 ... LastLast
Results 27,751 to 27,775 of 46197
    You are competing against Prime shipping.

True. But my prices are better than Amazon, and I have 500 5 stars for shipping times. I have received exactly one negative feedback since 2001.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

NFL Redzone is a great station if you like football, but I hate when they split the screen in 4 instead of focusing on a play for one game. I have a decent size 55" Tv, but you can't really see well when split in quarters. I would rather see one screen/game and see another play 10 seconds later rather than see 4 plays live that I cannot really see.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    NFL Redzone is a great station if you like football, but I hate when they split the screen in 4 instead of focusing on a play for one game. I have a decent size 55" Tv, but you can't really see well when split in quarters. I would rather see one screen/game and see another play 10 seconds later rather than see 4 plays live that I cannot really see.
    Your TV is obviously way too small. You need to knock out a wall or two and raise your ceiling and get a decent size TV. Then pick one game and just watch it. Or you can do what the rest of us do and watch Dallas and Pittsburg play on the networks, no matter if they have decent teams or not. Dallas and Pittsburgh annoy me.

True, I need a bigger TV. I;m not sure how we made it through a Sunday watching TV in the old days when a 17" was considered a good sized TV. They need more than that to display the ads, stats, news, scores at the bottom of the screen now, which annoys me.

I love it in baseball though when they show the exit velocity, launch angle, and distance though More boring info i need while watching a slow moving game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Baseball will do just fine without you.
    During the Battle of the Bulge German soldiers dressed in US uniforms and tried to infiltrate American lines. The Americans caught them by asking questions about baseball--if you didn't know the answer you weren't American. Things have changed.

20 something year olds telling me their dream stories right when they wake up in the morning.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

People that talk during the entire concert. The music was loud, too - so they talked loudly. You here to listen to the music or what?

Getting gurgley intestines just before starting a 13 hour transit.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    People flying drones in Wilderness Area. Illegal and more importantly obnoxious. I think drone buzz is the new chalk squeaking on blackboard.

Also, an itch in a spot that is numb from surgery--scratching does no good.
    Fuk you hit two of my gripes. Had a Wide Area excision the middle of my back and the scar itches like crazy but its numb so WTF.

There are some entitled rich assholes in Utah who own helicopters and think its OK to fly into and land in Wilderness then brag about it on instagram. Sounds like the authorities are in the case but god damn this shit pisses me off.

https://www.mountainproject.com/foru...-in-the-cirque

Heli in the Cirque of Lone Peak in the LP wilderness with tail # covered

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Fuk you hit two of my gripes. Had a Wide Area excision the middle of my back and the scar itches like crazy but its numb so WTF.

There are some entitled rich assholes in Utah who own helicopters and think its OK to fly into and land in Wilderness then brag about it on instagram. Sounds like the authorities are in the case but god damn this shit pisses me off.

https://www.mountainproject.com/foru...-in-the-cirque

Heli in the Cirque of Lone Peak in the LP wilderness.

Our local Open Space org had a no-drone policy. But apparently as long as you make a "rad video edit" - it's OK to flout the rules.

I suppose all those fuckers should just get off my lawn.

I would have broken off a rotor.

A 14 yr old from our hockey organization took his own life last spring. We put a patch with his number on our jersey for this year.

I just had a parent tell me they're upset I didn't ask their permission to put the patch on.

The kids are 13 and are all well aware of what happened.

Fuck off lady
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    A 14 yr old from our hockey organization took his own life last spring. We put a patch with his number on our jersey for this year.

I just had a parent tell me they're upset I didn't ask their permission to put the patch on.

Fuck off lady
    I assume the parent in question was not the parent of the 14 year old, in which case, I second the motion to fuck off. How sad about the boy and how good of you to put his number on the jerseys.

Rich Utahns are special breed of asshole. Is that one of the Kingsley Management Gallands?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i LOVE self-checkout. i always set the language to spanish. you'd be amazed at how often the checker overseeing self-checkout tries to change it back to english while i'm bagging.
    I'm not against it as a concept. But I am amazed that the system STILL doesn't know how to easily handle when you have your own bags. There's even a button for "I brought my own bags" but it doesn't work. The attendant wanted me to just start scanning, but start with heavy items (so the weight of the bag is insignificant relatively) and when I put the heavy item in the bagging area, put it in the bag in the bagging area. Except that then meant that every bag had a really heavy item in it, which doesn't work for fragile stuff. But when I tried to move a heavy item in to another bag, the system squawked at me.

They have had these things for years now, you'd think they would have them dialed in by now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think they put in the scanners to limit ongoing wage expenses. Doubt they’ll be spending periodically to advance the systems to helps us customers. They’re already making us do their job for free — and we’re doing it. They’ve got the food supply we demand.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    One of my favorite things about living in Utah was the dog-free hiking in BCC and LCC. Blissful.
    Off leash in some Cottonwood Canyon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapseed.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	293508
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm not against it as a concept. But I am amazed that the system STILL doesn't know how to easily handle when you have your own bags. There's even a button for "I brought my own bags" but it doesn't work.
    Both Walmart and HD have done away with the bag/weight sensor requirement. At least the is the case here in W2.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would have broken off a rotor.
    Or keyed 'asshole' in the side, right?

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post

Fuck off lady
    Take your life at 14??? How shitty do you gotta feel to do that? Can't even imagine. So sad for all especially the parents and friends.

Take your life at 14??? How shitty do you gotta feel to do that? Can't even imagine. So sad for all especially the parents and friends.
    the daughter of a partner at my office took her life at 10yo
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Or keyed 'asshole' in the side, right?
    Bear Shit under the door handles?

It makes me sick to think about what this poor kid dealt with in his head every day.

He was openly gay and really popular. Seemed to be as comfortable in his skin as you could possibly be in that situation. Really good family too.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    the daughter of a partner at my office took her life at 10yo
    That's the most fucked up thing I've heard in a while. Holy shit that's horrific
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

The upset over the numbers on the jersey might be because some feel like memorializing people who succeed in suicide encourages others to follow through with it, especially kids.