Page 1461 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 ... LastLast
Results 36,501 to 36,525 of 46232
    ^ that sucks. I flew United on New Years Eve. While we were taxiing to the gate the flight attendants announced that there were passengers w/ a tight connection, everyone look around to see who has their hand up, and let those people off first. It was a full 737, and it seemed like the majority of passengers let the people with connections off first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    ^ that sucks. I flew United on New Years Eve. While we were taxiing to the gate the flight attendants announced that there were passengers w/ a tight connection, everyone look around to see who has their hand up, and let those people off first. It was a full 737, and it seemed like the majority of passengers let the people with connections off first.
    I too, have seen this recently. It probably happens a lot despite what the boomers in here will tell you.

Also parted the seas of the dumbass aisle-cloggers with my son who had to take a shit during the landing. As soon as that seatbelt turned off we got up, and I kept repeating "gotta poop!" and people moved out of the way like the hong kong protesters did for EMS. It was glorious. But this was a domestic Canadian flight so maybe we aren't all as mean to each other. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I too, have seen this recently. It probably happens a lot despite what the boomers in here will tell you.

Also parted the seas of the dumbass aisle-cloggers with my son who had to take a shit during the landing. As soon as that seatbelt turned off we got up, and I kept repeating "gotta poop!" and people moved out of the way like the hong kong protesters did for EMS. It was glorious. But this was a domestic Canadian flight so maybe we aren't all as mean to each other. I dunno.
    I'd move over too.

First

I hate the fucking wind. Grew up in North Dakota. Hate it.

I have an Engle cooler that has been “on a truck out for delivery” from fed ex everyday since Dec 14th. It’s either weather or occupational delay or something. I’ll probably get it in spring. Meanwhile fed ex has delivered shit to my house every other day. WTF????

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    First

I hate the fucking wind. Grew up in North Dakota. Hate it.

I have an Engle cooler that has been “on a truck out for delivery” from fed ex everyday since Dec 14th. It’s either weather or occupational delay or something. I’ll probably get it in spring. Meanwhile fed ex has delivered shit to my house every other day. WTF????

It gone.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Don't despair. I had a bike frame fully disappear for 3 weeks (mine was "in-transit") then miraculously re-appear after filing a claim. One month to go from CO to UT. Fedex was also by the house daily to deliver Ms Boissal's daily bunch of packages...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

That if you're fully faxed (3 shots currently) you still need to provide a negative test to travel. Fuck that, if I am asymptomatic and kill off a few unvax idiots in my travels, why would anyone care?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That if you're fully faxed (3 shots currently) you still need to provide a negative test to travel. Fuck that, if I am asymptomatic and kill off a few unvax idiots in my travels, why would anyone care?
    Because triple vaxxed asymptomatic positive cases are responsible for spread to other triple vaxxed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Because triple vaxxed asymptomatic positive cases are responsible for spread to other triple vaxxed people.
    Truth. This new wave is finding everyone. Fucking insidious.

However many are in a shit ton.

But the triple vaxed are not dying, so again, did I get stopped with a common cold or even the flu 3 ears ago? No I didn't. If you're not vaxed it ain't my fault Darwin took you out.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

But the triple vaxed are not dying, so again, did I get stopped with a common cold or even the flu 3 ears ago? No I didn't. If you're not vaxed it ain't my fault Darwin took you out.
    I can see your point. All of the restrictions and testing are starting to feel a little bit like COVID theater. Mask requirements on planes should continue.

Theater is a feeling, yes.

Beacon, shovel, probe, PLB, airbag, first aid kit, sacred socks, avi-1 class, Fox 40 whistle, new batteries, bivy sack...

Which one makes you "safe?"

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Beacon, shovel, probe, PLB, airbag, first aid kit, sacred socks, avi-1 class, Fox 40 whistle, new batteries, bivy sack...

None make you safe if not implemented correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I can see your point. All of the restrictions and testing are starting to feel a little bit like COVID theater. Mask requirements on planes should continue.
    I think testing is theater at this point. Shit that annoys me: the ongoing mocking of requiring masks in public spaces but allowing people to remove their mask to eat. Masks reduce transmission, they don’t stop it. Masking half the time reduces transmission half the time. That’s better than not reducing transmission at all. This shit isn’t binary.
    focus.

Fed X has my skis. They said they would arrive the 4th. I was planning on skiing the 5th-8th with them. Checked tracking everyday and it showed nothing other than origin in SLC until today. Today it shows my skis are in Iowa out for delivery even though I live in Michigan. Good times.

At this point I am happy to do what I can to reduce infecting someone with a compromised immune system or little kids, but those who didn't get vaxed can fuck off, as they are trending on my liberties. Like Macron said, it is time to piss the non vaxed off.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    None make you safe if not implemented correctly.
    True. Also none make you safe if implemented correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Well not the Fox 40 whistle if you print it at home and it falls apart when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well not the Fox 40 whistle if you print it at home and it falls apart when you need it.
    But what if I print it at home and it doesn't fall apart when I need it?

Oh, NM.

Blown out trailer tire. I've been waiting months for them to come back in stock at etrailer. Now I have to put a shit spare on and I'll have no spare.

Lovely way to start the morning

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I've seen it happen effectively, but it seems more the exception than the rule.

Here's a good one for you: My wife needed our landline ported over to cell temporarily so we could reset an old password (needed to authorize by text). She did screw up in thinking the landline was AT&T and it wasn't, but in any event she needed the line switched back to a landline afterwards because it works better for her Zoom meetings. She called CenturyLink on something like November 15th to tell them she needed the line ported back and it still hasn't been done. She's been on the phone with them several times and for hours and all they ever say is that the issue has been "escalated" and should get done, but it never does. They've given her no information on why something so simple hasn't been done. I told her yesterday that at this point it's taken longer than it did for Alexander Graham Bell to actually invent the telephone.

Corporate voice mail messages that have begun with “We are experiencing greater than normal call volume ...” for the past two fucking years! Greater than what ? 2019?

They really need to work on coming up with better excuses.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Corporate voice mail messages that have begun with “We are experiencing greater than normal call volume ...” for the past two fucking years! Greater than what ? 2019?

They really need to work on coming up with better excuses.
    "The profitability of these call centers are continuing to decrease meaning we are paying people less and less to work this shitty job, so they all suck now, and we don't give a shit about them either. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Blown out trailer tire. I've been waiting months for them to come back in stock at etrailer. Now I have to put a shit spare on and I'll have no spare.

Lovely way to start the morning

But you're going snowmobiling. Life is good, yeah?

That's mostly true, but if you're one of the immunocompromised, organ transplant, cancer survivors, old, or just plain unlucky - well that it's MOSTLY true isn't a lot of comfort.

And really I think we should be much less cavalier about spreading the common cold and flu too.

There's no law against being a jerk and spreading your germs about carelessly. But that doesn't mean it's a good plan and you get a pass for doing so.

(I thought I'd add this; Not sure how it holds up in the Omicron era, but an infection in a 50 year old UNVAX'd person is about the same risk to an 80 YO fully vax'd person. So, yeah, there's a bunch of really elevated risk the older you get, regardless of vaccination status. So, carrying an infection to your *fully vax'd* 70YO grandma is still pretty risky. I get your point that people who refuse to get vax'd can't /shouldn't complain when they die - but sadly they're not the only ones dying. The proportion may be small, but the health-fragile simply don't cope with small bumps in the road well.)