Page 846 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... LastLast
Results 21,126 to 21,150 of 46044
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Renting a large house for a family reunion later this month, many thousands of dollars. Linens/towels not included, they charge $10/set. WTF? So we have to pay for that, plus we have to go to Walmart and buy extra towels for the pool.

That shit annoys me.
    No linens means the curtains are fair game to use as comforters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit that annoys you

It also may be that with towels included in the rental, the person cleaning would have 2 complete laundry loads to do tripling their work time and thus, that cost is passed to you. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    No linens means the curtains are fair game to use as comforters.
    or as toilet paper.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Went over the handlebars on my mtn bike yesterday and hit pretty hard on my right side. Other than a scratched helmet and some road rash, I seemed to escape major damage. But then I woke up last night with back spasms on my left side. The pain has now migrated to my side and just feels like a constant cramp. Maybe some Midol will help, but it’s damned annoying.
    Does it hurt to take a deep breath or cough? Tender ribs? Light headed, especially if you get up quickly from lying down?

Renting a large house for a family reunion later this month, many thousands of dollars. Linens/towels not included, they charge $10/set. WTF? So we have to pay for that, plus we have to go to Walmart and buy extra towels for the pool.

That shit annoys me.
    Say what?! That should be against VRBO rules or something. I used to have a couple vacation rentals and I never thought it was an "option" to not provide linens/towels. WTF is right! I have never even heard of anybody doing that. There are some wackos out there for sure.

I thought it was bad enough with one condo I rented in FL that they did not provide any TP, paper towels, soap, detergent, nothing. But no linens?! That's a whole new level of cheap. With our rentals, we treated them like hotels. They got all the fancy little hotel toiletries, we folded the towels all pretty, we always left extra sheets and towels, buttloads of extra toilet paper cuz man guests use a lot of it, and even changed out the hot tub water between EVERY stay (per Montana loding rules). We used professional cleaners, and my wife and I would make sure the place looked like professionally staged every time someone checked in. Had music going on the TV, fireplace on, hot tub sparkly, a little gift pack with chocolates and wine, a nice welcome letter personalized for each guest. THAT'S how it's done. People are spending good money, so they should be treated to a good experience IMO. I think you should def complain to VRBO on that one.

Waiting on a contract to be issued. A co-worker and I have been taking turns contacting the CO once a week for the last month asking for a status update (email and voicemail) - no response. Finally contact the supervisor today asking if maybe the employee is out of the office or if something is wrong. No, been there the whole time. End up on conference call with the sup and us and has the audacity to say she's been there the entire time and if we have questions, just ask her. Ummm, that's what we've been trying to do for the last month but you don't respond? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    or as toilet paper.
    Damn you. I was gonna say that.

This isn't an annoyance as much as a desire...I wish $100,000 dollar bars came with dark chocolate.
    Then they would be perfect post ride snacks.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Say what?! That should be against VRBO rules or something. I used to have a couple vacation rentals and I never thought it was an "option" to not provide linens/towels. WTF is right! I have never even heard of anybody doing that. There are some wackos out there for sure.

I thought it was bad enough with one condo I rented in FL that they did not provide any TP, paper towels, soap, detergent, nothing. But no linens?! That's a whole new level of cheap. With our rentals, we treated them like hotels. They got all the fancy little hotel toiletries, we folded the towels all pretty, we always left extra sheets and towels, buttloads of extra toilet paper cuz man guests use a lot of it, and even changed out the hot tub water between EVERY stay (per Montana loding rules). We used professional cleaners, and my wife and I would make sure the place looked like professionally staged every time someone checked in. Had music going on the TV, fireplace on, hot tub sparkly, a little gift pack with chocolates and wine, a nice welcome letter personalized for each guest. THAT'S how it's done. People are spending good money, so they should be treated to a good experience IMO. I think you should def complain to VRBO on that one.
    Maybe it's related to what Mazderati said, because it seems to be common for rentals in the Poconos. But I 100% agree, it feels really nickel and dime.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

Maybe it's related to what Mazderati said, because it seems to be common for rentals in the Poconos. But I 100% agree, it feels really nickel and dime.
    It’s the Poconos.....anything/everything is ridiculously overpriced from groceries, gasoline, lodging, etc. It’s why I fly west as often as I can to get out of this hell hole.

It sucks for everyone involved. So people who rent properties just pass along the suckiness to their customers. Yes, it is the Nickel and Dime capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Damn you. I was gonna say that.
    There’s still time!

perhaps this belongs in the shit that enrages you thread, and I am not trying to make this all poliass, but an ultimate team from Colombia, here for the world championships about to start in Cincinnati, were apparently riding a Greyhound bus last night between Columbus and Cincy. The bus driver threw them off the bus for speaking spanish. WTF?

Thankfully, the police that stopped upon seeing a bunch of people on the side of the road with luggage, drove them to their hotel (I'm not sure how many people were involved or how the police drove them).

https://www.facebook.com/mishphillip...type=3&theater
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    It’s the Poconos.....anything/everything is ridiculously overpriced from groceries, gasoline, lodging, etc. It’s why I fly west as often as I can to get out of this hell hole.

It sucks for everyone involved. So people who rent properties just pass along the suckiness to their customers. Yes, it is the Nickel and Dime capital of the world.
    Not gonna lie, but to a west coast mountain elitist the word ‘Poconos’ always sounds like a punchline to some joke.

Like ‘Tri State Area’.

I provide towels and linens with backups for my airbnb but it can be a pain in the ass. Every so often the cleaning woman sends me a pic of the beds saying "you need to pay me more for dealing with this shit". Most people are respectful but every now and then I get some oily beast that defies reason.

The beach house I rent has never supplied towels, linens etc. Fine with me. I totally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post

Huh. Crazy. Sounds like airline execs must all be homeowners in the Poconos as nickel and diming apparently seems totally normal to them. They're probably like "What's the problem?"

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Not gonna lie, but to a west coast mountain elitist the word ‘Poconos’ always sounds like a punchline to some joke.

Like ‘Tri State Area’.
    I hear ya brotha......that’s totally true.

perhaps this belongs in the shit that enrages you thread, and I am not trying to make this all poliass, but an ultimate team from Colombia, here for the world championships about to start in Cincinnati, were apparently riding a Greyhound bus last night between Columbus and Cincy. The bus driver threw them off the bus for speaking spanish. WTF?

Thankfully, the police that stopped upon seeing a bunch of people on the side of the road with luggage, drove them to their hotel (I'm not sure how many people were involved or how the police drove them).

https://www.facebook.com/mishphillip...type=3&theater
    I bet the Huffington Post or MSNBC would LOVE to dig deeper on this story.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I am not trying to make this all poliass, but an ultimate team from Colombia, here for the world championships
    Frisbee world championships?

Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Frisbee world championships?

Really?
    Yes, really. There are national championships in college, open, coed, and various masters divisions, there are pro leagues, and yes, there are world championships. It is a very serious sport with serious athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I bet the Huffington Post or MSNBC would LOVE to dig deeper on this story.
    I know that there are some reporters looking in to it already (but don't know who they work for).

It is a very serious sport.
    Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My wife just texted me to tell me we're meeting friends in town tonight; dammit, I just cracked a beer, and was looking forward to another. Now I gotta drive.

I manage over 15 different software packages that are all on maintenance. For 20 years I've had to train every new purchasing person on why software maintenance is by default a sole source purchasing transaction. Usually after a few go arounds they get it.

We have a new purchasing manager who came up with a two page form that I am required to fill out for sole source justifications. I plead my case, but so far the guy won't budge. I tried to explain that I can't buy the maintenance anywhere else, but he doesn't seem to get it. I told him it's akin the asking departments to justify a sole source when paying their PG&E bill, but he said that it's not the same.

Fucking brain dead bureaucrats are annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Absolutely.
    Do you try this hard to be a dick or does it just come naturally?

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I provide towels and linens with backups for my airbnb but it can be a pain in the ass. Every so often the cleaning woman sends me a pic of the beds saying "you need to pay me more for dealing with this shit". Most people are respectful but every now and then I get some oily beast that defies reason.

The beach house I rent has never supplied towels, linens etc. Fine with me. I totally get it.
    Knock on wood, but I haven't had any real linen issues with our Airbnb and astonishingly nothing gross so far. But last night the couple that collectively weighed in at 600+ knocked on our door to inform me the toilet was clogged. That was some serious shit and people that annoyed me