Page 1079 of 1147 FirstFirst ... 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... LastLast
Results 26,951 to 26,975 of 28670
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Let me guess... flour tortilla shortage?

I believe so. Doesn't sound good, some news outlets are saying July 28th at earliest.

“While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    the whole binary, gender thing:

"A mom went viral for calling her 21-year-old 'baby goat' instead of 'baby girl' after they came out as non-binary"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=spartanntp

I get it, you do not feel comfortable in the gender you were born in and may wish to have surgery at some point to correct that but do we all really have to walk around on eggshells because you have been Julie or Brad for 10 years that we have known you ? can't you just man or woman up and accept that some people will still call you Brad or Julie ? is that really too much for you to handle ?

the other 98% of the country having no gender issues still have problems that cause them great mental stress from bosses, teachers and even their parents that last months or years and they don't lose it if you don't cradle them to sleep every night for the large part, but no; healthcare companies are changing software and forms because these people cant take it, jeez.

if that girl lived near me and insisted on being called a goat rather than a girl, i'd do that; as long as I could call her mom a goat fucker.
    There is so much wrong with this post, but I'll keep it short.

The mom came up with that on her own, it wasn't the child asking for it. I think it was really cool that her mom thought about it and came up with that.

Also, I think it's just general politeness to address someone how they prefer to be addressed. Lots of conferences give out stickers that say "she/her," "he/him" and "they/them" to add to your badge so people know.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I believe so. Doesn't sound good, some news outlets are saying July 28th at earliest.

“While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”
    I get my tacos from Herrara's on Mon and Fri down the street from me. No shortage that I've seen but then they only use corn and only one kind of meat--ie there's only one item on the menu, except there's no menu. Doesn't keep the place from being mobbed. If you eat at Taco Bell I have lost respect for you.

As far as the gender thing, how about Itt?
    Name:  cousin itt.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  19.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    <snip> If you eat at Taco Bell I have lost respect for you.
    Not since March 16th, 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Let me guess... flour tortilla shortage?

Give it a rest.
    Real VTers tap trees.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I get it, you do not feel comfortable in the gender you were born in and may wish to have surgery at some point to correct that but do we all really have to walk around on eggshells because you have been Julie or Brad for 10 years that we have known you ? can't you just man or woman up and accept that some people will still call you Brad or Julie ? is that really too much for you to handle ?
    So are these people not even allowed to point out that they'd like to be referred to using a different pronoun or name? Doesn't seem much different from a married woman changing her last name to her husband's. I'm not offended if she tells me she's using her husband's name now.

The Allstate “What” commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So are these people not even allowed to point out that they'd like to be referred to using a different pronoun or name? Doesn't seem much different from a married woman changing her last name to her husband's. I'm not offended if she tells me she's using her husband's name now.
    Some people go by two different names. For example, in Polyass, Skicougar is also known as ‘Dumbfuck’.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Excessive lawn maintenance is pushing me beyond annoyed.

My neighbor has about 100x100 feet of grass.

Yesterday, he spent 2 hours mowing, edging, string trimming, and then blowing.

Today, he mowed it again with his greens mower (he has 3 different mowers) and then blowing. It has been 90 minutes of noise today.

In the typical summer week week he mows the lawn about 4 times, edges twice. Weekends are the worst, But at least we are usually gone.

It is hours a week of noise. In the fall he uses the leaf blower in the middle of a fucking storm.

His yard is his hobby and it is driving me, and my wife, nuts.
    Last edited by Storm Hood; 07-03-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Correcting autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    .... he has 3 different mowers .....
    I'm impressed. But I'd kill 'em if they lived on my block.

If he were my neighbor I’d start a dandelion farm.

Today, he mowed it again with his greens mower (he has 3 different mowers) and then blowing. It has been 90 minutes of noise today.

In the typical summer week week he mows the lawn about 4 times, edges twice. Weekends are the worst, But at least we are usually gone.

It is hours a week of noise. In the fall he uses the leaf blower in the middle of a fucking storm.

The PUD here has a demonstration garden--they have these grasses that you don't have to water and grow to a certain size and then stop growing so you don't mow them. Not so great if you want to play croquet but a lot less work; if we had grass that's what we'd have.

My new neighbor. Puts up a big fence for his dog and weed whacks around the whole thing constantly. The problem is the weedwhacker is the loudest most annoying pos I've ever heard. He's doing it right now! I'm close to buying him a new cordless Milwaukee and leaving it on his doorstep. He's kind of a douche to top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    If he were my neighbor I’d start a dandelion farm.
    bamboo is good too!

Get off my lawn!
    watch out for snakes

Water balloons, dog urine and a trebuchet

Thanks folks. It’s good to have a sounding board for shit that annoys you.

We planted a trumpet vine years ago that turned out to be very invasive. We pulled it out and kill it every time it shows up but it invaded our asshole back fence neighbor who rents the house out so she can't control it. (I don't know how we'll deal with it if they ban Roundup.)

Fucking “locals” who complain about tourists yet act worse than the tourists that provide them jobs.

Fuck
    You

Shit that annoys you

Maybe this belongs in the “but shouldn’t” thread....

I live on a corner lot. My next door neighbor has 4 vehicles and parks two of them in front of my house. I usually don’t notice much, until i do my bi-monthly mowing (whether it needs it or not). When I do that it’s a pain in the ass to get the bit of grass between the sidewalk and one of their trucks because it’s a pretty steep slope there. If they’re gonna park their truck there, they should mow it. Assholes.

Also, what the fuck is it with my neighbors getting picked up, and the driver honks 5 or 6 times to let the person know they’re there. Don’t these people text?!
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Also, what the fuck is it with my neighbors getting picked up, and the driver honks 5 or 6 times to let the person know they’re there. Don’t these people text?!

fuckin' boomers can't text.......

fact.

Trying to do multiple deletes (Windows 10) and I get greedy and select too many and all of a sudden all the pics I've selected duplicate themselves--unselelcted, and I have to do it all over again. I guess I'm getting impatient and dragging and clicking at the same time.

Businesses whose employees don’t identify themselves by name when you call. I want to know who I am talking to, and in this small town I likely know them.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy