Page 1518 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 ... LastLast
Results 37,926 to 37,950 of 46050
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I care as I dont want it nor to have my family have it, so if ya get it, tell me.

Had 2 families not come to our derby party as they felt sick
    both moms had it, glad they didnt come.
    Had kids on my baseball team get it too, glad they told me.

Noone is showing off
    Telling people who you've been around and to keep an eye out for symptoms is not what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Business admin apps

I've been moonlighting this spring to make some extra cash before the baby gets here. One or two shifts a week, pay is great, I am happy with the work I am doing.

I should have been suspicious when I caught the trackers from the owner's email client, the one he pays $30 a month for. Every aspect of his small business is handled by a different app, each terrible to use, and none of them talk well together. For the amount he pays per month for various services, he could more than cover the wages for a single admin assistant who would do a better job.
    you must work for my accountant. And the apps he uses change every year. And this year he stopped working due to his sister in laws illness and filed extensions for a bunch of clients--not me fortunately, because I owed, but a lot of folks won't be seeing their refunds for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I hope on Tuesday they get the thing working and don't just say "yeah, you're right, it doesn't work."
    Update: this is exactly what happened. Guy comes in with just a wrench. Starts it up and say "yep, doesn't work." Also managed to scratch our dryer with his wrench. Bottom line is they're now delivering a new washer AND dryer in a few days. Hope it goes better on the second try!

I've stopped using the costco batteries as this seems to happen with every set, but I'm still finding things that I missed swapping out for fresh duracells.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220511_061000693.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	889.7 KB 
ID:	415975

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've stopped using the costco batteries as this seems to happen with every set, but I'm still finding things that I missed swapping out for fresh duracells.

Name:	PXL_20220511_061000693.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	889.7 KB 
ID:	415975
    Yeah!!! WTF?! Been happening to me too!

Kirkland batteries used to be great quality at a good price. May have been rebranded Duracells or something? Annoying AF to keep having to clean up battery compartments. We're not talking old batteries either. Did Costco switch suppliers or something?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Kirkland = Duracell

Pretty sure, well, maybe.

Duracell do the same damn thing. You want to use anything BUT Duracell or Kirkland.

I've not had as much of an issue with Duracells. These kirkland batteries have been terrible.

They could still be made by Duracell I guess, although the contacts on each end are a different shape.

The smell of bagged fertilizer and pesticides when making a quick trip to wallyworld for duct tape or some other stupid shit. Must the entire half of the store smell that way? It's unavoidable. Can't be healthy.

The fucking wind.

Forgetting to squeeze the air out of the sun block tube when going from 50’ above sea level to 9,000’

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Forgetting to squeeze the air out of the sun block tube when going from 50’ above sea level to 9,000’
    Luckily the sunscreen probably took care of it for you

Ha, I remember our dog getting progressively freaked out by a bag of chips we bought in Denver as we drove up to Aspen. We didn’t know what she was reacting to at first. It was crinkling softly as the bag changed shape. It finally popped with a whistle, and the dog finally settled down.

Our house sits in a wooded area, and we've always had bats that hang out in our eaves. We get a bit of bat shit on some of the porches, and occasionally hear some scratching in the ceiling or in the chimney. I figure they cut down on bugs in the area, so it's worth the minor annoyance. We've never had one get inside the house though.

Until last night. Finishing up a movie and I notice a bat circling around the room. Opened a door, and after a few more laps he found his way outside. Not a huge deal.

So we go to bed, and just as I'm about to drift off, I notice another bat circling in our bedroom. This is down a flight of stairs and at the opposite end of the house as the other bat incident. With a little more effort, I got this one to fly out a door as well.

So now I'm wondering how the hell two bats got into different parts of the house on the same night, when we haven't had a single other bat in the house in the three years we've lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The fucking wind.
    Again.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Our house sits in a wooded area, and we've always had bats that hang out in our eaves. We get a bit of bat shit on some of the porches, and occasionally hear some scratching in the ceiling or in the chimney. I figure they cut down on bugs in the area, so it's worth the minor annoyance. We've never had one get inside the house though.

Until last night. Finishing up a movie and I notice a bat circling around the room. Opened a door, and after a few more laps he found his way outside. Not a huge deal.

So we go to bed, and just as I'm about to drift off, I notice another bat circling in our bedroom. This is down a flight of stairs and at the opposite end of the house as the other bat incident. With a little more effort, I got this one to fly out a door as well.

So now I'm wondering how the hell two bats got into different parts of the house on the same night, when we haven't had a single other bat in the house in the three years we've lived there.
    That occasional scratching is how they finally got in.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    That occasional scratching is how they finally got in.
    Oh, there's tons of places they can get in if they want to. The house is definitely not sealed up particularly well. I'm just impressed / annoyed that two of them got in through different spots on the same night.

Shit that annoys you

A god damn woodpecker nearly put a hole in my dirt bike gas tank. Little bastard went to town all over it, then I see it put a hole in the garbage bin in similar material.

Name:	IMG_3482.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	416112

Histoplasmosis would be very annoying.

Got bit by a Bat
    Name:  Bat_Bite.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  6.6 KB
    sitting in my living room 2pm in the afternoon on a Sunday. Worked the yard all morning and came in for lunch. Slipped into a food coma in the easy chair.

Grew to the size of a regular tampon. Holiday weekend and fam doesn't get back till Tuesday - so me and the dogs hang. Arm grows x3. Tuesday morning 2am ER - instant panic - color ultrasound. Call the surgeon in for possible opened skin antibiotic lavage to save the arm. Mark the parameters of the crazy swelling with a ball point pen and start antibiotic drip.

Things went the right way. 5 days in the infectious disease ward. The guy in the next bed; 47yr old truck dispatcher dies from complications of a swollen leg from heel to hip bigger than an average sized elephant.

Post hospital stay - Full Rabies Protocol - shot with a horse syringe 5 times.

Good thing I was home alone. Everyone in the house would have had to do it too.

YMMV

eta; left trap from 8oclock position
    ​I am not in your hurry

Shit That Annoys You

Waiting for the chronically late (and unskilled) fridge repair guy. At least this time he texted me to say he was three hours behind. Service call #6 since last November for those following along.

AVOID LG AT ALL COSTS. #Lifeisnotgood lol

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

The townhomes where I previously lived south of town, built in the 70s, were known to harbor bats. Most of the buildings had netting at the highest points to prevent them from creeping in between the walls. Most were ineffective. One unit was particularly bad, new owners decided to get at the root of the problem, ended up having to replace sheet rock throughout entire building. The bats were living and breeding between the walls. Gross AF. Not easy to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Got bit by a Bat
    Name:  Bat_Bite.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  6.6 KB
    sitting in my living room 2pm in the afternoon on a Sunday. Worked the yard all morning and came in for lunch. Slipped into a food coma in the easy chair.

Grew to the size of a regular tampon. Holiday weekend and fam doesn't get back till Tuesday - so me and the dogs hang. Arm grows x3. Tuesday morning 2am ER - instant panic - color ultrasound. Call the surgeon in for possible opened skin antibiotic lavage to save the arm. Mark the parameters of the crazy swelling with a ball point pen and start antibiotic drip.

Things went the right way. 5 days in the infectious disease ward. The guy in the next bed; 47yr old truck dispatcher dies from complications of a swollen leg from heel to hip bigger than an average sized elephant.

Post hospital stay - Full Rabies Protocol - shot with a horse syringe 5 times.

Good thing I was home alone. Everyone in the house would have had to do it too.

YMMV

eta; left trap from 8oclock position
    You're not really helping keep my relationship with the local bats at a "casual annoyance" level.

Reminds me of this weird story: https://www.ksl.com/article/46423181...te-in-74-years

"The bats would lick our fingers, almost like they could taste the saltiness of our fingers, but they never bit us. I had no clue," she said. "We would wake up in the night and they would be walking on our bed. I've always thought bats were kind of cute, but I had no idea the kind of risk we were at," Giles said.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Reminds me of this weird story: https://www.ksl.com/article/46423181...te-in-74-years

[FONT="]"[/FONT][FONT="]The bats would lick our fingers, almost like they could taste the saltiness of our fingers, but they never bit us. [/FONT][FONT="]I had no clue," she said. "We would wake up in the night and they would be walking on our bed. [/FONT]I've always thought bats were kind of cute, but I had no idea the kind of risk we were at," Giles said.
    That's an odd one. Who doesn't know that bats are rabid? But I guess I'll make sure my wife isn't letting them lick her fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    The townhomes where I previously lived south of town, built in the 70s, were known to harbor bats. Most of the buildings had netting at the highest points to prevent them from creeping in between the walls. Most were ineffective. One unit was particularly bad, new owners decided to get at the root of the problem, ended up having to replace sheet rock throughout entire building. The bats were living and breeding between the walls. Gross AF. Not easy to get rid of.
    Add one hungry culinarily adventurous methhead tearing copper pipe out of their walls, and thats the start of the next pandemic.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.