Page 394 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 46042
    Back when I used to shovel sidewalks aeons of time ago, I remember one neighbor of a client who used to come out and yell at me for shoveling snow onto their lawn.
    Not so much annoying as amazing in a desperate kind of way.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You know what's annoying? Every time I make Szechuan chicken and cabbage I can never get the chicken pieces as thin/juicy/perfectly tender as any cheap Chinese carryout, much less a great Szechuan place.

Don't tell me, it's not chicken is it.
    It's all about the velvet, man.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Velvet-Chicken/

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Still raking on December, 12th. I just raked for the 4th time this year. Trees still probably have 20% of their leaves. Wtf. Fall off already. I need a good windstorm to scour them and send them down the road.
    Happening here too. Globalz warminz...

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    Hmm, I had heard about that option but never really followed up with the research. I thought it would be mad $$$. Probably my least favorite part of shopping for ingredients, I live alone and cannot eat all the stuff before it goes bad.. I'm all about leftovers but not leftovers of the same meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    Have you not had any issues with spoilage with delivery? I've thought about trying these out, but have worried about stuff going bad since it always seems to take an extra day for things to be delivered over here, especially if delivery is UPS. They're the worst. Fed Ex is a little more reliable and our local post office - your lucky if it actually arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Now that is the best thing I've learned today. Thanks!
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Have you not had any issues with spoilage with delivery? I've thought about trying these out, but have worried about stuff going bad since it always seems to take an extra day for things to be delivered over here, especially if delivery is UPS. They're the worst. Fed Ex is a little more reliable and our local post office - your lucky if it actually arrives.
    I did Blue Apron for a while. They probably only offer it in places where they can guarantee a delivery date, but I never had any spoilage issues. They pack it in a big foil lined bag with numerous ice packs. Every now and then we got something wilted, but for the most part it was all fresh. And if something was spoiled, customer service was stellar (they would credit you for the meal, even if the wilted item didn't keep you from cooking the meal).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah. Did blue apron over the summer. Would sit on the front porch all afternoon, but everything inside would be icy still. Used those big ice packs for our camping cooler a few times.

The main dishes are really good, but the side veggies got kind of repetitive. Saved the recipe cards for our favorites and we make them sometimes ourselves.

Good to know! I've gone back & forth on giving them a try. Blue Apron, plus a few others that I've looked at all show that they will deliver here. Maybe I'll try after the holidays.

Frozen pipes
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Use it to develop a skill. Sticking a pantry is not all that hard. I made my family of three pizza and salad for dinner last night from non perishables and some veggies I had in the house. Food cost was under $5. And it was easy. Caveat, I was a chef for years and spent my life working around food.

With a well stocked pantry, you can plan your meals for the week and shop once.

this question: "Where's your coat?"
    Motherfucker if I'm cold I'll put on a coat. In the meantime mind your own business.

Are you 12? Do adults get asked this? Where are your mittens btw? You'll be late for school.

You'll catch a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    this question: "Where's your coat?"
    Motherfucker if I'm cold I'll put on a coat. In the meantime mind your own business.
    Or "aren't you cold?"

No I'm not fucking cold. If I was cold I'd put something warmer on......And then I wouldn't be cold. Fuck off and mind your own business.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Or "aren't you cold?"

No I'm not fucking cold. If I was cold I'd put something warmer on......And then I wouldn't be cold. Fuck off and mind your own business.
    You tell your mother to fuck off? Shame on you.

The lift gate on my old Suby annoys me when it doesn't go up all the way and bonks me on the head.

Shit that annoys you

The lift gate on my old Suby is annoying because it has some sorta wind fin that doesn't allow it to go up all the way with the gear box on top. Fine for my 4'6" son and 5' wife but annoying for 6' me.

Shit that annoys you

Douchebags that lay on their horn
    -especially in a relatively quiet residential street
    --especially before 8am
    ---especially when it's because douchebag can't wait 1-2 minutes max for the garbage man to do his fucking job and move on
    ----especially when there is actually room to squeeze by
    -----and especially going full fbomb nuclear when I ask you to knock it off
    -----and finally especially not letting it go when finally driving past the truck stopping to throw a few more fbombs my direction and a few "I'll honk my horn whenever I want" at me.

The garbage guy was amazingly Buddha like during the whole thing. Wish I had his patience. I doubt mr hornblower lives nearby but if he does I'm definitely dusting off the old valve stem remover.

The anti-dentite vibe here in tgrland

the little banner ad at the bottom of a thread page on the app. It delays showing up for a couple of seconds, so just as I go to tap on the arrow for the next page, it pops up and I tap on it instead. fucking annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Are you 12? Do adults get asked this? Where are your mittens btw? You'll be late for school.
    I'm 33. It normally is an older relative asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You tell your mother to fuck off? Shame on you.
    I don't say it, but I surely fucking think it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    You'll catch a cold.
    You'll shoot your eye out.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Douchebags that lay on their horn
    -especially in a relatively quiet residential street
    --especially before 8am
    ---especially when it's because douchebag can't wait 1-2 minutes max for the garbage man to do his fucking job and move on
    ----especially when there is actually room to squeeze by
    -----and especially going full fbomb nuclear when I ask you to knock it off
    -----and finally especially not letting it go when finally driving past the truck stopping to throw a few more fbombs my direction and a few "I'll honk my horn whenever I want" at me.

The garbage guy was amazingly Buddha like during the whole thing. Wish I had his patience. I doubt mr hornblower lives nearby but if he does I'm definitely dusting off the old valve stem remover.
    Your location says SF, why was this Tech Bro so angry that early in the morning? Isn't living the dream good enough?

I have a certain disdain for those who berate people working jobs they deem below them (servers, janitors, etc). Annoying indeed.
    I still call it The Jake.

I have an inside-the-nose pimple.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I have an inside-the-nose pimple.
    I have an ingrown beard hair.