Page 1435 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 ... LastLast
Results 35,851 to 35,875 of 46232
    I'm a dumbass that scheduled a 3 pm annual physical and blood draw, forgot can't eat prior.

I'm hungry and I'm annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I worked at a summer camp across the lake from a SAC/TAC base. It was annoying when they'd scramble at 2am. Everything on the base in the air in something like 15 minutes. And the B52's used to flow over so low you could see the rivets. They would tell us no, those B52's don't have any nuclear weapons on board. Right.
    My dad was a “tech rep” for Boeing when I was a kid. Every couple years we’d move to be next to another airbase. Lived for a while next to the SAC base by Omaha so got very familiar with the sounds of bombers taking off. They’d perform flight tests where they would push to see how far they could exceed the load limits of the aircraft as specified by Boeing. Occasionally the wings would snap off, and there would be a black column of smoke rising from the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    <snip>
    CPVC (not PVC) is rated for hot and cold domestic water. It’s a terrible idea, but it’s technically compliant.
    Was helping a buddy with some townhome remodeling this past weekend up in Steamboat... and I had my 1st experience with PEX whilst doing some kitchen plumbing.

Goddam is that stuff easy... but as the FSM is my witness, I don't fuckin' trust that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I'm a dumbass that scheduled a 3 pm annual physical and blood draw, forgot can't eat prior.

I'm hungry and I'm annoyed
    You are "intermittent fasting" - it's all the rage.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Was helping a buddy with some townhome remodeling this past weekend up in Steamboat... and I had my 1st experience with PEX whilst doing some kitchen plumbing.

Goddam is that stuff easy... but as the FSM is my witness, I don't fuckin' trust that shit.
    PEX is worlds better than CPVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I could see that... I'm a sweat-copper kind of dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That is the correct answer.

Who’s the guy who thinks it’s terrific to install a domestic water supply system that needs a fucking 12 hour cure time any time you need to do anything and becomes brittle with age?

I could see that... I'm a sweat-copper kind of dude.
    I don’t have a problem with copper, but I’m a poor enough plumber that a leaky copper fitting doesn’t surprise me but I’ve never had a leaky pex fitting. And if I did it would be a 5 minute fix.
    focus.

<snip>
    I don’t have a problem with copper, but I’m a poor enough plumber that a leaky copper fitting doesn’t surprise me but I’ve never had a leaky pex fitting. And if I did it would be a 5 minute fix.
    I actually kinda wish that I'd had PEX familiarity when I replaced my HWH - I ended up doing a bunch of "extra" shit with the plumbing and it would have been quite a bit easier, I'd wager, had I done it with PEX.

Next time I have to fuck with plumbing (FSM save me) in my own place, I may give it a go...

I just had to add another app for work to my private phone
    PagerDuty

Tied to PingID

Yes am irritated
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I actually kinda wish that I'd had PEX familiarity when I replaced my HWH - I ended up doing a bunch of "extra" shit with the plumbing and it would have been quite a bit easier, I'd wager, had I done it with PEX.

Next time I have to fuck with plumbing (FSM save me) in my own place, I may give it a go...

When I was back there in seminary school
    There was a person there
    Who put forth the proposition
    That you can petition the Lord with prayer
    Petition the Lord with prayer
    Petition the Lord with prayer
    You cannot petition the Lord with prayer!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636669153.994657.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	392364

FUCK
    focus.

FUCK
    Damn. Glad that's not my house.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Damn. Glad that's not my house.
    It was probably comical. The old T snapped while I was trying to snake the pex to the other side to hook up the hot water supply. Got soaked. Plugged the hole with my thumb but was 8 feet from the shutoff. I was too rough with it; not my first rodeo with this shit. But….
    focus.

It was probably comical. The old T snapped while I was trying to snake the pex to the other side to hook up the hot water supply. Got soaked. Plugged the hole with my thumb but was 8 feet from the shutoff. I was too rough with it; not my first rodeo with this shit. But….
    Fucking plumbing...

FUCK
    Is that a sewer pipe spray leak on the wall?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I believe the technical term is "shart".
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    No, just domestic water. Water everywhere…. The drain pipe in the picture is just to the sink in the guest bathroom.
    focus.

And the project scope creep begins.

I put my boxer shorts on backwards yesterday and had to drop trou to pee all day. How do women tolerate it?

I put my boxer shorts on backwards yesterday and had to drop trou to pee all day. How do women tolerate it?
    Why didn't you just fix your boxers?

???

I'm struggling to understand what happened here.

But I think I now understand the old guy at the urinal with his pants around his ankles.

How many times a day do you pee?

Should we start a new tag? #oldgoatsitstopee

So, yesterday, it was kinda rough weather here. Dumping rain, just pouring. And wind steady at about 30 with gusts to 50+, some gusts reported to 60. All day this goes on. Late in the day I'm standing by the window of this 5-year-old house looking out the window at it and water starts to leak in just above the window I'm standing in front of. It starts coming in pretty good, which is annoying. First leak in the house I'm aware of.

I scramble and get a bucket and a couple towels. Put them out under the leak, which promptly stops cold. Like a faucet got turned on and off. And for the next 2 hours of rain and wind it doesn't leak a drop. Total volume of water in the house is maybe half a pint if that.

Which wouldn't be annoying except now I don't know which way to jump. Ignore it? Call the builder? Get out there with caulk? This morning I got out there with cault but everything looks dry and tight and I can't caulk the whole house plus the cedar shingles the place is sided with are butted tight and I can't really get caulk in there. You'd have to pull the shingles off to really get after it and who knows where it was actually getting in, it could be pretty far away from where it leaked inside, you'd have to pull off a ton of shingles to be sure you got it.

So what do I do? The call to the builder would be awkward, "hey it leaked a little for 5 minutes and then stopped after it poured in howling wind for 8 hours, can you fix it?" But once water finds a way it will find it again so now I'm just waiting for it to leak again, which will probably happen when I'm not here and shit will get wet. Or wrecked. Annoying.

Some black caulk might make things a little more moist and loosen things up a bit.
    focus.

Talking leaks.

Had the cracked windshield replaced on my wife's car a few weeks ago.

It's almost always parked outside and often not driven for days at a time rarely by me and even more rarely with more than just the driver.

Noticed on Thursday evening after the days of torrential rain this week there was condensation building up in it. Weird, made note to check it out at weekend and checked windows were all closed.

Because wife wanted my dog friendly car on Friday I drove hers into work. Dark when I left and as I stopped at the bottom of our driveway I heard water sloshing around.

Passenger's side footwells are an inch deep.

Fuck!

Arguing with Safelite about expedited repair. They are struggling to find a new screen before they'll remove the old one. (It took a month to find the first one)

Shop vac the carpets, garage it (after making space in garage) with an incandescent bulb work light in it to help dry out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........