Page 1193 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 ... LastLast
Results 29,801 to 29,825 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    People who spell lose loose. See it all the time. Loosers.
    FIFY

American Airlines has lost my skis.

Fuck! That's beyond annoying.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

How does that even happen anymore?

On the Delta app I get notifications on my phone when the bag gets checked in, hits the belt into the cargo hold (actually saw it in real time from my seat the other week which was neat), when it moves to another plane, if any, and when it hits baggage claim, including the carousel number.

I’d be hoppin mad if they lost my damned skis.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^ I know! The friend that is going to BBI Yurp with me came out to ski at JH this past weekend. She took the skis back with her since she can take them for free on AA. They scanned them to be on the flight, but they didn't actually put them on plane at ORD. She got a notice that they were on the plane. I even stuck my pack with my gear in the bag. At least I kept my beacon with me. Dammit!

If they don't find them, she has travel insurance, and I have other skis, so I may make out well on the deal if they are lost for good. They were past season skis that I picked up for a deal and ended up liking. Feel bad for her, her skis were new!

Yesterday I pulled up to the mailbox on my side-by-side while the mailman was dropping off mail. I chatted with him then he pulled away and I unlocked the box and picked up the mail. In the box was a notice saying I had a signature required envelope that they couldn't deliver because I wasn't there so I'd have to either go online and reschedule delivery or drive into town to pick it up at the post office.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Enough to make you go postal
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Enough to make you go postal

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yesterday I pulled up to the mailbox on my side-by-side while the mailman was dropping off mail. I chatted with him then he pulled away and I unlocked the box and picked up the mail. In the box was a notice saying I had a signature required envelope that they couldn't deliver because I wasn't there so I'd have to either go online and reschedule delivery or drive into town to pick it up at the post office.
    I assume he never put the envelope on the truck since he didn't expect to see you at the box. At least he left a notice. Here they just don't deliver stuff. Unless you have a tracking number you never know that there's mail being held at the PO.

KQ isn't there a place to sign on the slip? If there is just do that and put it back in the mailbox with the flag thing up. It'll take a couple days but you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    How does that even happen anymore?

On the Delta app I get notifications on my phone when the bag gets checked in, hits the belt into the cargo hold (actually saw it in real time from my seat the other week which was neat), when it moves to another plane, if any, and when it hits baggage claim, including the carousel number.

I’d be hoppin mad if they lost my damned skis.
    Wow. There's an app for that?

Meanwhile, you know, Iowa.

Pretty annoying that people that start threads can delete them just when they start getting interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    KQ isn't there a place to sign on the slip? If there is just do that and put it back in the mailbox with the flag thing up. It'll take a couple days but you'll get it.
    sure but I'm betting the guy obviously knows her. he couldn't mention it while they chatted and just take care of it then??
    postal people are weird. One of my best friends is a postal worker and she is wonderful- keeps her attitude positive, tries to help people out. Also my aunt is a postal worker and I have not had a conversation with her in 20 yrs that didn't involve her dominating the conversation about how bad her job is, coworkers etc. Last yr she took a break for like 1 minute to ask me where I worked though (I've worked at the same place for the past 17 yrs- 1st time she asked)
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Pretty annoying that people that start threads can delete them just when they start getting interesting.
    agree
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    sure but I'm betting the guy obviously knows her. he couldn't mention it while they chatted and just take care of it then??
    Yeah that part's annoying. I'm hoping he just spaced, talking to the pretty lady. But who knows.

What got deleted now?

Both annoying and amusing.

Amazon giving different delivery times for the separate orders combined in the same package.

Jury duty for all of March and April. I need to be on call for two goddamn months!?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Jury duty for all of March and April. I need to be on call for two goddamn months!?
    hopefully at least it's something juicy
    skid luxury

Really screws with last-minute ski trip planning. Horrible timing.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What got deleted now?
    Just a gear swap posting that advertised 2018 skis as 2020 and a price that was way high.
    OP got all butthurt when TGR crowd got going and called him out.
    Was just getting interesting then it all disappeared.

Just a gear swap posting that advertised 2018 skis as 2020 and a price that was way high.
    OP got all butthurt when TGR crowd got going and called him out.
    Was just getting interesting then it all disappeared.
    Brutal. Savages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Really screws with last-minute ski trip planning. Horrible timing.
    damn
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    hopefully at least it's something juicy
    Careful what you wish for.

My wife served 6 weeks on a brutal rape and murder trial jury a few years back.

It was tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I’m gonna tell them I’m unavailable all Fridays and Mondays for the two month period.