Page 977 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 ... LastLast
Results 24,401 to 24,425 of 46279
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Adds on the phone app are killing TGR for me. Just makes me sad. Reminds me I have better things I could be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Apps in general. Like KQ says, in a lot of cases I get better results googling the site than using the company's app. NYT and WP for example. The Squaw app is pretty good--sitting in Dave's Deli for 2 hours checking my phone is easier than getting up every 10 minutes to look out the door to see if they're loading KT.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Re: Airport codes - some don't seem to make any sense. Here's an interesting tidbit for you if you've ever wondered about Chicago's odd code (ORD)

In the 1940's, it became the site of a military (and later, commercial) airport called Orchard Field, which was renamed for WW II ace Edward Henry "Butch" O'Hare, in 1949. However, nobody bothered to change the original "Orchard" code designation of ORD.
    Get with the program, KQ!
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post5561043 (post 26000)

Ads on the TV's announcing it's your turn at the MVA. As if this process wasn't excruciating enough, the same 3 ads are on repeat.

Thank dog a fresh Flying Dog is in my future. That does not annoy me.

Skip the trip!

Dr Suess is rolling in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I hate UPS Sure Post. USPS doesn't deliver to my house and the package is either too big for the package locker at the cluster box, or all the package boxes are full, or there's too much snow at the boxes, or they just don't feel like it. So I have to go to the PO downtown, wait in line, wait a half hour while they search, and then often they say it's under too many other packages come back later. I would never knowingly have a package sent that way, but you often don't know how it's being sent until after it's been shipped.
    Well then you're going to love the new UPS option. Getting a package today via sure post. Got an email from UPS on Tuesday that they'd gladly deliver it to house a day early, I just need to give them $3.50.

The cost of sending a package annoys me. It seems to have gotten outrageous in the last few years. Private shippers are obviously subsidizing the heavily discounted rates the big shippers get. It's like going to the hospital or pharmacy without insurance.

It is outrageous. In the recent past they told us the rates went up a lot because of fuel prices. Since fuel prices stabilized YEARS AGO the shipping prices haven't come back down. The market likes that boost in profit so it continues.

Yeah, there is no doubt that individuals are subsidizing shipping rates for the big guys.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Get with the program, KQ!
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post5561043 (post 26000)

Yeah.... getting old... hard to keep up anymore.....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

29” at the Bird, 22” at Squaw, 13” at Brundage. 1” at Bogus

overpopulation.

Matthew McConaughey. Especially those Lincoln commercials.

Apps in general. Like KQ says, in a lot of cases I get better results googling the site than using the company's app. NYT and WP for example. The Squaw app is pretty good--sitting in Dave's Deli for 2 hours checking my phone is easier than getting up every 10 minutes to look out the door to see if they're loading KT.
    Yeah, but, how will they be able to track your location and sell all of your news reading habits to the highest bidder without your permission or knowledge? Why do you hate capitalism?

That the Me Too Movement (a good thing) has made me realize that some old songs I like are misogynistic and degrading. Where once I heard a beat and melody I liked now I hear words that make me cringe. Sigh.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Baby it's cold outside?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Baby it's cold outside?
    And 90% of rap and hip-hop

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Baby it's cold outside?
    Ha! No that one I recognize as two grown people having a tête-à-tête. I was listening to some old school Motown. Gawd I love me some Motown and R&B.

State government websites. Poor website design is annoying as hell, but state sites seem to be the shittiest of all. It took me several hours spaced over two days to get three W2’s keyed for a client in Oregon’s I-wire system. Jebus, if you’re going to make something mandatory, at least make sure it fucking works!

That the Me Too Movement (a good thing) has made me realize that some old songs I like are misogynistic and degrading. Where once I heard a beat and melody I liked now I hear words that make me cringe. Sigh.
    Under My Thumb?
    OTOH, there's Hit the Road Jack--a song before its time.

Under My Thumb?
    OTOH, there's Hit the Road Jack--a song before its time.
    Oh gawd that one is bad. I knew that before Me Too. She's a Lady by Tom Jones is pretty bad too.

I think women do get back every once in a while - take "It's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate" for instance. Love that one. The Annie Lennox version is gold (it's on the Medusa dbl CD set - I highly recommend getting it if you are a fan).

There you are in the hospital
    Bandaged from foot to head
    In a state of shock
    That much from bein' dead
    You didn't think your woman
    Could do something like that to you
    You didn't think she'd got the nerve
    Actions speak louder than words
    Louder than words
    Louder than words
    Louder than words, come on

Papa Was A Rolling Stone is good too - about a deadbeat dad.

Funny how so many of the songs that were so popular when I was a kid are just so cringy now if you actually listen to the lyrics. Some of my top picks for high creeper factor (even if they're good tunes):

The whole "father figure" thing always creeped me the hell out. Haha.

"I'd rather see you dead, little girl, Than to be with another man." Damn!

Annie Lennox--so much voice from a skinny lady.

And then there's this (interesting video)

I like Bruce Springsteen but a couple of his songs have always made me scratch my head.

One is "Rosilita"

You don't have to call me lieutenant, Rosie, and I don't want to be your son
    The only lover I'm ever gonna need's your soft, sweet, little girl's tongue

and the other is "I'm on Fire":

Hey little girl is your daddy home
    Did he go away and leave you all alone
    I got a bad desire
    I'm on fire

Tell me now baby is he good to you
    Can he do to you the things that I do
    I can take you higher
    I'm on fire

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife baby
    Edgy and dull and cut a six-inch valley
    Through the middle of my soul

At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet
    And a freight train running through the
    Middle of my head
    Only you can cool my desire
    I'm on fire

<shudder>

Evidently Seinfeld is now considered offensive by today's youth. There was a story on the news the other night about it.