Page 1510 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 ... LastLast
Results 37,726 to 37,750 of 46279
    Sum cost to have one child with insurance: 13k.

Hope it works out krp.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Yep.

Come to find out (I got told yesterday) the recent issues started after they put her on a med Thursday night, clearly a side effect. Took until Sunday evening for someone to catch it, but before new order was entered they dosed her again and caused the shitshow that ended in restraints.

Thankfully ICU staff stepped back in yesterday and helped us square everything up.

No idea wtf the discharge issue was this morning but you'd think they would double check that shit.
    Sounds like your instinct to try her off the sedatives was right on. And thank goodness for discharge nurses*. If it were up to doctors to get patients out of the hospital on the right meds and the right appointments no one would ever go home.

* full disclosure--my wife was a discharge nurse, among other nursing jobs.

My mom died of a brain aneurysm 30 years ago. Her mom had aneurysms, of which one was operated on, and lived to be 91.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My mom died of a brain aneurysm 30 years ago. Her mom had aneurysms, of which one was operated on, and lived to be 91.
    Dude, based on what I've come to know go get yourself checked out.

Just had a story on the news here that the hospital now has a nurse picket line over concerns of patient safety, staffing and contracts/retention.....

Explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Dude, based on what I've come to know go get yourself checked out.

Just had a story on the news here that the hospital now has a nurse picket line over concerns of patient safety, staffing and contracts/retention.....

Explains a lot
    I had an MRI last summer that covered a bunch of issues. Nothing of note. Except my deviated septum.

Here's one article on screening for intracerebral aneurysms. For people with no symptoms and two or more family members screening is controversial. With one family member, no benefit. No doubt there are other articles with different recommendations. The problem is that these are very common, most never rupture, and fixing them is not a slam dunk.
    https://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0815/p601.html
    Anyone with a family history (first degree relatives--parents, siblings, children) should probably spend a lot of time on google before getting screened, or talk to a doctor--neurologist, neurosurgeon--who is very familiar with the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Here's one article on screening for intracerebral aneurysms. For people with no symptoms and two or more family members screening is controversial. With one family member, no benefit. No doubt there are other articles with different recommendations. The problem is that these are very common, most never rupture, and fixing them is not a slam dunk.
    https://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0815/p601.html
    Anyone with a family history (first degree relatives--parents, siblings, children) should probably spend a lot of time on google before getting screened, or talk to a doctor--neurologist, neurosurgeon--who is very familiar with the stats.
    Ya, I freaked out over it for about 5 minutes, 30 years ago. I figure I've outlived my mom in number of trips around the sun at this point. The MRI I had for a few other issues didn't show anything weird. I'm not sweating it. It'll be fairly quick if it does happen.

Squeeze mayonnaise is annoying.

Shit that annoys you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6947.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	414686

30 minutes of work left on a big project and my Mac decides to be a total asshole and crash on me. Now 2.5 hours of reinstalling an OS plus who knows how long for all the apps I need.

Since you posted that on 4:20 you know what your assessment is son.

Squeeze mayonnaise is annoying.
    And it makes me want to barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Since you posted that on 4:20 you know what your assessment is son.
    Ha. Good call!

This one was more like "are you kidding?" than annoying, but I was waiting in the Costco loading area today for my wife to pull her car around and a lady came in and parked her car then casually went into the store to do he shopping. It's always amazing when people think the rules don't apply to them. Most of the time they probably get away with it.

Inconsiderate people.

Had someone picking up a bureau from my house today, that I am giving them for free.

We talked last night I said since I work and have meetings throughout the day between 8:00-8:30 or 10:30-12 works to come get it and just to call text before they come.

No call or text and pulled in my driveway at 9:00. WTF?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do the batteries in the smoke alarm always die in the middle of the night?
    Also when bears get into your garbage why do they drag it all over the property?

I ordered a new Tahoe in September......never showed up, cancelled the order in March. Then I found a new Tacoma TRD Pro on a dealer site, called and reserved it with an arrival date of May 4th. Put down a deposit. Just got a call today that my order is cancelled and the truck is no longer coming at all. Dealer said I could order one but they have no timeline. Since I already have been down that road I said no thanks. I am annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Also when bears get into your garbage why do they drag it all over the property?
    Why is garbage day always on the windiest day of the week?

Batteries weaken when cold, houses are generally cooler at night.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This one was more like "are you kidding?" than annoying, but I was waiting in the Costco loading area today for my wife to pull her car around and a lady came in and parked her car then casually went into the store to do he shopping. It's always amazing when people think the rules don't apply to them. Most of the time they probably get away with it.
    You couldn't pay me enough to drive my car anywhere near the doors at Costco. I hoof it from the farthest reaches of the lot to avoid the CF at the front. I suppose if you bought something too big to schlep . . .

You couldn't pay me enough to drive my car anywhere near the doors at Costco. I hoof it from the farthest reaches of the lot to avoid the CF at the front. I suppose if you bought something too big to schlep . . .
    Yeah, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Why is garbage day always on the windiest day of the week?
    Every.Damn.Week

I’ve now cleaned up trash from the neighbors overstuffed cans for 5 weeks straight.

Because they are right pissed that it's just garbage and not a filling meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Batteries weaken when cold, houses are generally cooler at night.
    That makes way too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Because they are right pissed that it's just garbage and not a filling meal.
    I hate to waste food.

That makes way too much sense.
    Took me way too many years to realize that lol.