Page 1232 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 ... LastLast
Results 30,776 to 30,800 of 46279
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Working with people who have limited computer skills. I've been trying to hand a task at work over to another employee. After six months I still have to sit with her each month and help her through it, and it's not something that is complicated or difficult at all. The worst part is watching her plod through excel going into menus for every action rather than use any keyboard shortcuts. So painful to watch...
    I'll always remember the look of profound confusion one of the guys I used to work with had on his face every time I'd show him something in Excel. He'd go back to his desk and stare into the void for a while then go back to doing things the same way he always had. One day I realized he didn't know about CTRL+C/V or any other shortcut and it dawned on me that I had spent hours talking into the wind. Dude used only his index fingers to type and went into menus for EVERYTHING. Another coworkers decided to coach him on the computer and a year later shortcuts were still not a thing. He just didn't see the point...

Sunglasses that are perpetually smudged. No matter how well or often I clean em, there’s always a smudge. Weirdest thing ever. Nice shades, fit really well, always a smudge.

Miller moths are off to a banner start for 2020.

One of my clients just got an $8k phone bill. Turns out they can go back a LONG time to recoup things they forgot to charge.

Their bill doubled from $250-ish to $500-ish years ago, but they neglected to change the bill amount, and now want to capture past amounts due. My client paid what was on the invoices faithfully, and on time. Fuck what a waste of time fighting crap like this.

What is with people trimming their fingernails at work? It’s a thing and it’s weird. Isn’t it?? It would never occur to me that it’s reasonable to clip my nails at the office.
    focus.

I had a woman do that near me on a packed bus once. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Miller moths are off to a banner start for 2020.
    It’s fucking insane here. The scene on my dining room window the other nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What is with people trimming their fingernails at work? It’s a thing and it’s weird. Isn’t it?? It would never occur to me that it’s reasonable to clip my nails at the office.
    Can always get worse, as in ear wax cleaning.

Yet you're okay with slaying the bathroom for 30 minutes on company time? I don't know, I'm in the minority that cutting fingernails and even toenails just doesn't bother me at all. My wife thinks I should be in a Clean Room away from everyone when i clip my nails.

better than toenails

Fack! Lately I've been having issues with canned products. Mostly Hunts but other too.

Damn cans start to open fine then post easy through the lid sinks so that the opener can't cut it then it will cut some more only to stop cutting again and this is what I get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200515_172455.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	328664
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Fack! Lately I've been having issues with canned products. Mostly Hunts but other too.

Damn cans start to open fine then post easy through the lid sinks so that the opener can't cut it then it will cut some more only to stop cutting again and this is what I get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200515_172455.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	328664
    Jeez, is that still attached on both sides? That must be infuriating. I probably would have thrown it through a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Jeez, is that still attached on both sides? That must be infuriating. I probably would have thrown it through a window.
    WTF was I trying to say? "Post easy?" Ugh... typing with fat fingers on the phone. I think I was was trying to say "then half way through."

Yeah.. attached on two sides. This has happened multiple times over the last month or so. I blame the virus.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

oxo got you covered....

I like cans with pop tops. More and more canned goods have them, at least in the smaller sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I like cans with pop tops. More and more canned goods have them, at least in the smaller sizes.
    Well lets talk about that...... I have a small but growing stack of cans of cat food that the ring broke off of making it so I need to use a can opener to open them.

Well lets talk about that...... I have a small but growing stack of cans of cat food that the ring broke off of making it so I need to use a can opener to open them.
    I haven't had that problem but then I don't have cats. I have the opposite problem--the seals on the top of bottles and medicine vials. There's usually a tiny tab that you can use to lift the seal off or in some cases there's just a slight overhand of the seal, but I don't have the fingernails to grab the tab or overhang so I usually have to resort to finding a sharp implement to furiously and violently stab through the seal.

You too? What's up with that?

The thing that annoys me about cat food cans--at least the brands I buy--is they have that little lip at the top that food gets stuck under.

Because.... Cats.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Dead scrub jay in my yard the other day. It was walking with difficulty, hiding under the bushes, managed to fly up into a small tree, later I found it dead. No sign of trauma. Public health picked it up. How long does it take to test it for West Nile? It's been 2 days and the county is showing no bird cases so maybe we're in the clear. West Nile, and hantavirus, and coronavirus. Someone is definitely out to get me.

Shit that annoys you

Poor little fellow. I know you’re schooled in some of this stuff so I’ll ask: Don’t u normally have to get bit by a mosquito to get west Nile? I didnt think you get it from the bird directly.

I’m pretty sure I got that once. I got like 30 mosquito bites and was ill as heck 2 days later for like a week.

Oh and sorry for the ninja edits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Went for a bike ride today. Had a great time! Beautiful ride. Local trail crews have been busy this fall and this spring. Which is awesome and mad respect to the people out there making trails for me to ride on.

But .....

if you’re going to turn a 1/2 mile connector leg into a 2-3 mile switchback/loop can you fucking sign that shit and make it optional? Goddamnit if that didn’t happen 3 times on today’s ride. Also, laying in 3 boring ass switchback loops doesn’t make a boring ass connector any better. It just means I have to ride 4x as far to get to anything interesting.

I know I know, volunteer and put in some sweat before you bitch, but I’ve about had it with that fucking trail system.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Poor little fellow. I know you’re schooled in some of this stuff so I’ll ask: Don’t u normally have to get bit by a mosquito to get west Nile? I didnt think you get it from the bird directly.

I’m pretty sure I got that once. I got like 30 mosquito bites and was ill as heck 2 days later for like a week.

Oh and sorry for the ninja edits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    yeah--takes a mosquito bite. I double bagged it and left it on the porch for the health dept. I felt particularly bad about this bird. He'd been taking baths in a fountain in our yard, fun to watch. I was worried that he'd gotten sick from the water but apparently they get it from a mosquito bite. Anyway, Sacramento County is still showing negative for West Nile. So the bird died of something else. While his mate watched from a telephone wire.

just you watch this documentary on birds and then tell me that it's only the fuckin' skeeters we got to worry about.... Wake Up Sheeple!!