Page 1271 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 ... LastLast
Results 31,751 to 31,775 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Some of the parcels around me have been carved up into 10acre parcels (that's as small as you can go) and people have moved out because they "want to live in the country" but evidently they don't want to live in "farm country."

I have one such person living to the west of me. When she moved here she could clearly see prior to signing on the dotted line that the land around her was being farmed and yet she texts me the other morning complaining about all the noise the corn harvester is making. WTF lady?

Meanwhile she lets her dogs bark day and night and doesn't fence them in so they are routinely found running down the road dodging cars or chasing horses.
    I guess we know where you're moving the manure pile.

yeah we got that here

the town I live in is not plowed in the winter. You have to walk, ski or snomo in to your house from one of several parking lots. People bought houses here this summer and they are now realizing that it's a looong way in to their place and they're gonna "push the county to plow the roads". Sorry, not happening.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

KQ and mikey, that laughing you hear is the real estate agents on the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yeah we got that here

the town I live in is not plowed in the winter. You have to walk, ski or snomo in to your house from one of several parking lots. People bought houses here this summer and they are now realizing that it's a looong way in to their place and they're gonna "push the county to plow the roads". Sorry, not happening.
    A few will buy sno 'chines. Maybe someone enterprising should start a snow limo service.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The continuous droning music inspiring a sense of dread that seems to have invaded every "classy" detective show. (Right now my wife is watching Young Wallander.) I think maybe it started with Law and Order Criminal Intent.
    Sicario day of the Soldado. The background droning throughout the whole movie is obnoxious.

Why does a call have to be either over Teams or Skype? Just pick up the phone and call my office. There is nothing about the call that requires a "conference" dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    A few will buy sno 'chines. Maybe someone enterprising should start a snow limo service.
    they got that to a certain extent
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Disposal started making a huge racket. At first I didn't find anything in it that didn't belong there but finally found a tiny screw my wife must have dropped in, trapped between the grinding disc and the metal casing that's around it. It was stuck pretty good. I had to unmount the disposal to be able to get to the screw. Couldn't get a needle nose pliers on it. Tried a skewer to pry it out, tape, a magnet, tried to unscrew it --the head was the part I was looking at. Finally I found a fine right angle clamp in the bottom of a tool box that worked. (I've never asked my OR nurse wife why we have so many perfectly good surgical instruments around the house.)
    Then I had to rehang the damn thing--boy I hate that. A bad shoulder and a recently operated chest don't make it any easier.
    The little wooden dish my wife likes to keep on the window ledge over the sink to put small pieces of hardware instead of putting them where they belong is now gone.

Shit that annoys you

Old Goat vs The Disposal is apparently quite the saga. Might need its own thread pretty soon.
    focus.

re previous discussions about free shit on the side of the road.

The "chair" has been looking for a new home for a month. I chuckle every time I drive by and see it waiting there. If it bothered me enough to write a complaint on Front Page Forum I would dispose of it myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201002_064249.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	342125

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 6.46.16 AM.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	342126
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Old Goat vs The Disposal is apparently quite the saga. Might need its own thread pretty soon.
    Why the hell are disposals even necessary?! As a Canadian I don't get it, they're not really popular here. Then again most of us rent our water heaters so wtf do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    <snip> most of us rent our water heaters
    WTF does this even *mean*?!? Is this some sort of sexual euphamism??

Why the hell are disposals even necessary?! As a Canadian I don't get it, they're not really popular here. Then again most of us rent our water heaters so wtf do we know?
    You do what now?

The torrential deluge of emails and texts immediately following a campaign contribution.

Look, I just gave you clowns money, can't you leave me alone as a form of appreciation? Give me some positive reinforcement. Sheesh.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    WTF does this even *mean*?!? Is this some sort of sexual euphamism??
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You do what now?
    Water heaters. You know, the things that give you hot water. For some reason most households rent them here, as opposed to owning outright. It's fucking weird and obviously way more expensive over time.

Water heaters. You know, the things that give you hot water. For some reason most households rent them here, as opposed to owning outright. It's fucking weird and obviously way more expensive over time.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Exactly.

Please don’t tell me you still rent phones up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of renting a water heater in Ontario is roughly $25-50/month based on pricing from the major companies that specialize in these rentals.
    https://airshare.air-inc.com/water-h...onal-assignees

I’ve spent a lot of time in BC and Alberta, and somehow missed this one. Apparently it varies across Canada.

When I was a uni student in Australia, there was much hilarity regarding refrigerators. Traditionally not included in the apt rental. Fucking inconvenient as hell. ,

In Germany my sister ran into situations where the kitchen was an empty room, supply everything yourself!

Ripoff dealerships. So I have to replace a part that I've gotten this far. It's a REALLY easy job. Should take a tech like 10 minutes (that's about all it takes me when I've taken it to examine and reinstall). The ONLY reason I have to take it to the dealer is because this stupid little module apparently has to be programmed to the VIN or the car won't start. First off, they quoted me almost $300 for the part alone when Volvo's own parts website states the MSRP is $200. They said they will not price match the freaking MSRP. I've found it at remote dealers for $160ish. Then they said it'll be 3 hours labor PLUS the 1 hour for software programming. I told them that I understood the software part of it and was willing to bend over for that, but the physical replacement of said part does NOT take hours (like I said, it's like 10 minutes). All in all, they want a bit over $700 for a job that SHOULD be closer to $300 even at stealership prices.

I like my Volvo but sometimes I swear it's like owning an expensive exotic with the absurd prices of some maintenance items. REALLY pisses me off that it's something I can easily do, but I'm held over a barrel thanks to it being software dependent. I called my preferred local mechanics to see if they could do it and they all said it's one of many "dealer only" issues with the car. Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I like my Volvo but sometimes I swear it's like owning an expensive exotic
    uh, isn't that exactly what it is?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Vote for right to repair bills if any make it on your ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    uh, isn't that exactly what it is?
    Yes... that's exactly what it is.

Euro car owners bitching about expensive repairs...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.