Page 619 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,475 of 46293
    Speaking of fucking fucked up health insurance. WTF? Where does it end?

Jebus. How many kids?

^^
    Holy crap. I can relate. The most jacked up thing is that rates have skyrocketed so badly that some of us are better off literally working less to make less money to qualify for a subsidized plan. My in-laws' financial advisor told them to semi-retire so they could qualify since they could no longer afford health insurance with this years' rates.

Shit like that is infuriating. The current healthcare model is not sustainable.

Outpatient surgery cost me somewhere around $15k a few years ago. That was with coverage generally considered very good. Total billed to insurance was somewhere around $250k.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Jebus. How many kids?
    Two kids. In 2010, before the ACA kicked in, our family premium was $350.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    ^^
    Holy crap. I can relate. The most jacked up thing is that rates have skyrocketed so badly that some of us are better off literally working less to make less money to qualify for a subsidized plan. My in-laws' financial advisor told them to semi-retire so they could qualify since they could no longer afford health insurance with this years' rates.
    Exactly the situation we've found ourselves in. Disincentivized to work more because we actually come out ahead if we make less and get a subsidy. So fucked up. Health insurance should not be the determining factor in people's lives, but that's pretty much where we are now.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When I was working if I forgot my watch I felt dazed and confused all day.
    Not half as dazed and confused as the guy you left your watch in.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Two kids. In 2010, before the ACA kicked in, our family premium was $350.

Exactly the situation we've found ourselves in. Disincentivized to work more because we actually come out ahead if we make less and get a subsidy. So fucked up. Health insurance should not be the determining factor in people's lives, but that's pretty much where we are now.
    You shopping around? Or just getting your rate increased every year?

If you aren’t getting subsidies, don’t shop on the exchanges. You can get a better rate somewhere else usually.

Also the amount of coverage is probably a lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Any thread that begins with, "What's your favorite .........."
    Reply with a gif......fuck off

shut the fuck up, you fucking fuck
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
    Also, anytime someone makes a post on social media asking for recommendations and ends it with "and...GO!" Like I am so fucking exited to recommend a place for you to get your dogs asshole bleached. Dumbasses.
    Asking for a friend.....fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    You shopping around? Or just getting your rate increased every year?

If you aren’t getting subsidies, don’t shop on the exchanges. You can get a better rate somewhere else usually.

Also the amount of coverage is probably a lot different.
    Actually we did shop around (on the exchange) and I cancelled that policy, which was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. They raised our rate that much and at the same time made the coverage worse. I found a better policy from PacificSource and saved us $400 a month. I can't really explain the discrepancy, other than BCBS said that they were raising rates based on the anticipation that the extra payments from the government to the insurance companies would be stopped (as Trump has in fact done). PacificSource did not raise their rates accordingly in anticipation of that, and when Trump stopped the payments, the state insurance commissioner tried to prevent PS from raising rates, but eventually allowed them to. But even with that, they came in waaaaay under Blue Cross.

And lo and behold, a couple days after I cancelled, I get an email from Blue Cross telling me how I may actually be eligible for a lower premium and more subsidy and blah blah blah. Yeah, fuck you Blue Cross. I'm done with you.

When I graduated college and bought my first Blue Cross policy as a self-employed individual, it cost me $65 a month. And that was for good coverage! Not the 6.5k/13k deductible catastrophic bullshit bronze plan I am forced to buy today. Hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Serious question: If they are giving photo credit isn't that more of a promotion rather than a theft esp. if they link to the page? I would think, as long as credit is given where credit is due an artist would be fine with the increased exposure.
    Especially if you're posting quality shots of tits & ass. No poaching !

That one sock that disappeared into the black hole in the dryer

Traffic lights. Bring back the rotary please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Smart phones. Bring back the rotary please!!!
    FIFYYDMF
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Beyond fucked up.

The part that seemed the slimiest to me was that there was no mention of any of this during my stay. I was in bad shape but not so bad as to not be able to go somewhere that my insurance is actually in-network, or wait for one of the other docs who were.
    Agreed.

The broker my company used to work with called them the rapers:

Radiologists
    Anaesthesiologists
    Pathologists
    ER docs

In a hospital they seldom have contracts with insurance companies so even when you go to a hospital in your network, these assholes are almost never in your network. I got stuck with a few bills from these people and fortunately that same broker helped fight back and got each one of these people to accept the insurance co's payment as payment in full. It is hard to believe this is legal. I read a while back there is a bill in California to make this illegal. Seems to me this is a pretty small change that the feds could make too that would make healthcare a lot more transparent and fair for consumers. I understand you can't always know what services you'll need going in to a hospital but it would be nice to know you won't take it up the ass while you are laid out. Maybe you don't have to deal with this at places like Kaiser?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    FIFYYDMF
    LIKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Agreed.

The broker my company used to work with called them the rapers:

Radiologists
    Anaesthesiologists
    Pathologists
    ER docs

In a hospital they seldom have contracts with insurance companies so even when you go to a hospital in your network, these assholes are almost never in your network. I got stuck with a few bills from these people and fortunately that same broker helped fight back and got each one of these people to accept the insurance co's payment as payment in full. It is hard to believe this is legal. I read a while back there is a bill in California to make this illegal. Seems to me this is a pretty small change that the feds could make too that would make healthcare a lot more transparent and fair for consumers. I understand you can't always know what services you'll need going in to a hospital but it would be nice to know you won't take it up the ass while you are laid out. Maybe you don't have to deal with this at places like Kaiser?
    California and 20 other states ban balance billing. In CA out of network providers at network hospitals have to take what the insurance company pays, plus whatever the network copay is. You don't have to deal with this at Kaiser, at least not in CA, as long as you are a member. 2 Norcal Kaisers are regional trauma centers and see a fair number of non members, and all Kaisers treat or treat and transfer emergency room patients. They and their insurance get billed. How bad the bills are I don't know.

The cost of medical care and insurance will not be solved until we have single payer paid for by taxes and income-adjusted premiums, like medicare, and until docs and hospitals are all in groups together and the group is paid a fixed amount per patient by the govt--like Kaiser. There's too much incentive now for docs to keep their procedure schedule full and for hospitals to keep their beds and OR's full. The health care debate is about who has to pay--pt, employer, state, county, city, feds--but somebody has to pay. Significantly cut the cost of care to levels in other modern countries, who have better health outcomes than we do, and there will be a lot less arguing about who gets the bill.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-15-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Companies whose call centers are only open business hours, eastern time.

Water fountains in airports that you need a fucking straw to drink from. Oh, but wait! I can just walk over to fucking Hudson.. whatever the fuck it's named and buy a 12 oz bottle of fucking tap water for $4.50.

Fucking cocksuckers.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Bobby I've seen you post this parking situation before. What is it with people there that they can't park properly?

What is this place?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bobby I've seen you post this parking situation before. What is it with people there that they can't park properly?

What is this place?
    Indian driving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Quarter past the end of the block.

Despite being horribly behind as is, I turned around and drove back to the house at lunch, ran back inside, grabbed a watch, put it on in the car, realized it hadn't been wound in a while and set it to the time on the car.

Only 45 minutes late getting back, and totally worth it.

Honestly I had a shred of respect for you but it’s gone now. All of it.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Mntherp.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Honestly I had a shred of respect for you but it’s gone now. All of it.
    Would it improve my standing with you to know that I only live 15 minutes from the office and managed 1 whole lunch manhattan during that time?
    I still call it The Jake.