Page 583 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 46052
    A text is for asking "What time the party? or "I'll see you at work tomorrow to discuss." We are at the same stage in using the technology as we were when people would yell into the phone because it was a long distance call.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Why do so many people do everything via text these days?
    I prefer not to talk to anyone if I don't have to. I know it's lame, but I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that prefer any kind of electronic communication over talking to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I’m at hertz, rented a mini van a month ago, confirmed.
    they are now telling us there is no mini vans in Seattle
    like wtf! this is beyond stupid considering we pre paid
    Ya, have had that happen to me, different cities, different rental Company. Mini-vans are not plentiful in rental fleets it appears.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Yeah. Got that same email. Definitely didn’t save any info. We’ll see how it goes.
    Turns out it didn't matter. I got an email today saying my application has been approved and to log in to schedule an interview appointment. Turns out my Pass ID was included in that email and that's what I needed. If you already have a NEXUS pass then you'll have that Pass ID.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, have had that happen to me, different cities, different rental Company. Mini-vans are not plentiful in rental fleets it appears.
    Demand to be upgraded to a Pagani.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I prefer not to talk to anyone if I don't have to. I know it's lame, but I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that prefer any kind of electronic communication over talking to someone.
    I go the other way, I also prefer not to talk to people; but any text of more than a few words; should be a phone call; it's more time efficient.

so all long text messages annoy me.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I go the other way, I also prefer not to talk to people; but any text of more than a few words; should be a phone call; it's more time efficient.

so all long text messages annoy me.
    I can text from my computer at work. It’s way easier to do that then to step out and make a personal phone call.

My wife sells boats and half of her sales are done exclusively through text before they come in to the shop in person

I read you loud and clear.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I’m at hertz, rented a mini van a month ago, confirmed.
    they are now telling us there is no mini vans in Seattle
    like wtf! this is beyond stupid considering we pre paid
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Love that one!

Last time I rented a car and they didn't have the one I reserved, they hooked me up with the last vehicle they had available. Rented a mid-size, ended up with like a Yukon Denali, which was perfect since we ended up having to cart around 6 people a bunch that trip. Sometimes, just sometimes the lack of rentals can work out in your favor. I've also ended up with some nice convertibles and luxury cars that way too. I'm always super nice with the check out people, so maybe that helps?

When people attempt the negotiating process on a vehicle when they've never even had a conversation with you about it and obviously know nothing about it. Via text at that. Got my van up on Craigslist, and while I've had a ton of inquiries on it, seems that most people send a text message with some lowball offer. WTF? Do they think that negotiating tactic actually works?

My phone's looked like this lately:
    Craigslist Moron: "Hi. Is your van still for sale?"
    Me: "Yup. I just posted it. Have any questions?"
    Craigslist Moron: "Great. I really want it but I'm not paying a dime over [insert lowball offer here]."
    Me: "Umm, nope. I've already had like 3 offers on it and I just posted it." (All lowballs of course)
    ...crickets chirping

Why do so many people do everything via text these days? Call me and in 30 seconds I can tell you all about it. THEN throw out an offer. Or come check it out. I'll send more photos, tell you all about it, whatever. Another guy told me he can get one brand new for $20k less than I got it for....ummm, I don't think so bub. (It's a Sprinter 4x4 FWIW). Selling via Craigslist is SO annoying. Not to mention all the obvious scammers who come out of the woodwork. Is Autotrader still a good way to sell? I need to try something else. Haha. Maybe a mag will end up with it tho, and that would be awesome.
    I posted something similar to this in Sprocket rockets a year ago, and a bunch of maggots defended the low-ball practice and got pissed. Laughable technique, guys.

Rented a mid-size, ended up with like a Yukon Denali, which was perfect since we ended up having to cart around 6 people a bunch that trip. Sometimes, just sometimes the lack of rentals can work out in your favor. I've also ended up with some nice convertibles and luxury cars that way too.
    The Denali worked out in that case, but for me it seems like they are usually trying to 'upgrade' you when you don't need or want an upgrade. When it's just me, or me and my wife, I'd prefer a small car that uses less gas, is easier to park, etc.

And has anyone ever actually gotten the car that is specified when you rent it "Toyota Corolla or similar" pretty much means similar, it seems.

My phone's looked like this lately:
    Craigslist Moron: "Hi. Is your van still for sale?"
    Me: "Yup. I just posted it. Have any questions?"
    Craigslist Moron: "Great. I really want it but I'm not paying a dime over [insert lowball offer here]."
    Me: "Umm, nope. I've already had like 3 offers on it and I just posted it." (All lowballs of course)
    ...crickets chirping
    I've been getting a lot of this...
    CL moron: "Hi, do you still have the __"
    me: "Yeah, want to set up a time to check it out?"
    CL moron: "What's the lowest price you'll take for it?"
    me: "Well i'm asking $20 for it which is a lot less than I should be asking for it already. Less than $20 and its not worth my time to deal with assholes like you. So, $20"
    *crickets*

The Denali worked out in that case, but for me it seems like they are usually trying to 'upgrade' you when you don't need or want an upgrade. When it's just me, or me and my wife, I'd prefer a small car that uses less gas, is easier to park, etc.

And has anyone ever actually gotten the car that is specified when you rent it "Toyota Corolla or similar" pretty much means similar, it seems.
    Yah, last time I got a Pathfinder from Hertz in Kauai when I reserved... a Pathfinder.

But, yeah, I have been hosed with "similar" or gotten a gigantic Town Car because it was all they had left.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've been getting a lot of this...
    CL moron: "Hi, do you still have the __"
    me: "Yeah, want to set up a time to check it out?"
    CL moron: "What's the lowest price you'll take for it?"
    me: "Well i'm asking $20 for it which is a lot less than I should be asking for it already. Less than $20 and its not worth my time to deal with assholes like you. So, $20"
    *crickets*
    Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about and exactly why I'm confused as to this weird texting negotiating tactic.

So let me get this straight. By getting straight to what the lowest I'll take for it, you want me to just preemptively lowball myself? GTFO. I don't mind wheeling and dealing, but there's an art to it. For one, at least take the damn time to check out the item in person. THEN you might have a leg to stand on if you want to drive the price down.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about and exactly why I'm confused as to this weird texting negotiating tactic.

So let me get this straight. By getting straight to what the lowest I'll take for it, you want me to just preemptively lowball myself? GTFO. I don't mind wheeling and dealing, but there's an art to it. For one, at least take the damn time to check out the item in person. THEN you might have a leg to stand on if you want to drive the price down.
    I'm interested in the van. What is the lowest price you will accept?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Burning your mouth or tongue on molten hot pizza/lasagna/coffee, etc and then not being able to taste right for awhile sucks. Especially when you know full well it's too hot to eat but go for it anyways.
    A friend re-heats leftovers to feed to his dogs. It's stupid enough to not understand that dogs just would not prefer it to be hot. What's mind-numbing is he thinks the dogs know about how heat works.

I tried to explain to him about getting piping hot pizza brought to your table at a restaurant. Yeah, we might burn ourselves with that first bite but that's it. We remember from the time before, that allowing a minute or two to pass means the food will cool down some. He thinks a dog would figure that out too.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I'm interested in the van. What is the lowest price you will accept?
    Right now? Price + 20%

Wait, your ad says (price)

Yeah, but you have to haggle to get there

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Right now? Price + 20%

I can do half that

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Right now? Price + 20%

Hahaha. I gotta use that one on the next guy.

I too prefer text conversation for many things, but Austin is right about Craigslist. The bullshit texts you get from ads drives me nuts.

Even just the "is it still for sale?". Yes it's for sale, that's why the ad is still up! Which leads me to another thing that annoys me: if your shit's sold, delete your fucking ad!

I'm sitting on a bench waiting for the bus. Morbidly obese lady wheels her chair up to the bench so she's facing me. Totally invading my space, takes out a bag of Doritos, eats them getting crumbs all over herself and then brushes the off and they go flying through the air onto me.

When there's things I want to buy but I don't have the money to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    When there's things I want to buy but I don't have the money to buy them.
    What's on sale now?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    What's on sale now?
    I found a couple of things on Craigslist but the sellers aren't accepting my sight unseen low ball offers.