Page 1340 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 ... LastLast
Results 33,476 to 33,500 of 46225

Shit that annoys you

Mylar balloons stuck in my tree. Any suggestions on how to get them out (besides cutting down a significant portion of the tree)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2461.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	372160
    Last edited by spanky; 04-20-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    So you are saying when I go to teach recycling this week to 1st-3rd graders....I should just tell them don’t bother, it’s just a scam?....lol.

I can’t do my “Recycling Race”?....where I dump a bunch of stuff out on the playground and the kids race to sort the stuff into the correct recycling bins?.....I got prizes and everything.....

Damn, now I gotta make up all new plans for next week......that’s gonna be annoying.
    Nah, just keep lying to them. Recycling is certainly not the worst lie they'll learn in school. ; - )

that one teacher that requires our cameras and microphones be on during zooms. fuck you, mr. r.
    swing your fucking sword.

My mother is back in town and while I'm glad she's vaccinated and can come see us I had forgotten about some things.

She claims she going deaf and while that may be the case the bigger issue is that she doesn't fucking listen. I understand that every tv has a different setup but for someone who has been using one since they were invented you'd think she'd be able to figure out a new one. Nope, it's my job, which would be fine if she remembered what I told her to do so she didn't have to text me multiple times a day so I can go over it again.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Making my morning mocha... grab a fresh carton of Silk from the overflow fridge in the garage.... screw off the cap and reach for the ring to pull out the seal but there is no seal and the carton isn't full. Ugh. Some arse opened it at the store and drank from it then put it back.
    Did you also check the Oreos?

The dip function of side view mirrors on bmws really annoys me. If I wanted to look at the ground while I was backing up I’ll let you know ok?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    The dip function of side view mirrors on bmws really annoys me. If I wanted to look at the ground while I was backing up I’ll let you know ok?

Right, it should be a push button setting. Because sometimes I do want to look at the ground when I am backing up my toyota minivan in my driveway and want it exactly on the inside edge of the pavement. I hate having to adjust the mirror, but I would hate it more if it always dipped in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Mylar balloons stuck in my tree.
    I have nothing useful to suggest. But I hate those things. Constantly finding them on MTB rides hung up in bushes off trail. I always wade out and get them.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I understand that every tv has a different setup but for someone who has been using one since they were invented you'd think she'd be able to figure out a new one. Nope, it's my job, which would be fine if she remembered what I told her to do so she didn't have to text me multiple times a day so I can go over it again.
    For my parents I wrote down instructions on a sticky note and taped it to the back side of the remote. That worked til the TV died. I haven't been able to get home since that, and they're hopeless with the new one again. Every time I talk to them they're having issues with some other piece of technology. In particular every windows system update that changes the location of various things throws them for a loop.

Wait till they malfunction and point skyward instead.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

There are two R's before "recycle" in the "3 R's." Limit your plastic because Old Goat is correct.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/07/12/74128...uld-we-recycle
    Yeah, I already knew we'd been shipping or sinking recyclables right along with other barges of trash for decades but to hear plastics recycling is largely a scam was disappointing. +1 to the first two Rs.

That’s how I ensured I passed the parallel parking portion of my drivers test.

BMWs have side mirrors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    BMWs have side mirrors?
    Heh. As useful as the blinker?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    BMWs have side mirrors?
    They have mirrors, just no turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just turn the dip function off. wtf
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    For my parents I wrote down instructions on a sticky note and taped it to the back side of the remote. That worked til the TV died. I haven't been able to get home since that, and they're hopeless with the new one again. Every time I talk to them they're having issues with some other piece of technology. In particular every windows system update that changes the location of various things throws them for a loop.
    This is the deal with my mom but luckily I am only 1/2 hour away. OTOH, a colleague tells me stories of her mom that asked her the day after Easter who was coming over for Easter dinner, and they were all at mom's house for Easter dinner. Every time my mom forgets something I think of this and realize it ain't that bad for 85.

I have nothing useful to suggest. But I hate those things. Constantly finding them on MTB rides hung up in bushes off trail. I always wade out and get them.

The AirBnB always does this. Doesn’t matter. I just needed to vent because I’d forgotten about it.

My mother is back in town and while I'm glad she's vaccinated and can come see us I had forgotten about some things.

She claims she going deaf and while that may be the case the bigger issue is that she doesn't fucking listen. I understand that every tv has a different setup but for someone who has been using one since they were invented you'd think she'd be able to figure out a new one. Nope, it's my job, which would be fine if she remembered what I told her to do so she didn't have to text me multiple times a day so I can go over it again.
    My wife is the same way with any kind of electronics or computers. To me it seems like her basic problem is she wants to know exactly which buttons to push and in what order, but could care less why those particular buttons needs to be pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Mylar balloons stuck in my tree. Any suggestions on how to get them out (besides cutting down a significant portion of the tree)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2461.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	372160
    one of our neighbors got a mylar balloon stuck in the top of a willow 2 summers ago and .....it's..... still .......there. it drives me bananas.
    at least now the reflective surface has deteriorated enough that it doesn't glisten in the sun and catch your eye anymore.
    I've thought about trying to devise a hook for the bottom of our drone but my husband doesn't trust my piloting skills to not get that stuck in the process
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    one of our neighbors got a mylar balloon stuck in the top of a willow 2 summers ago and .....it's..... still .......there. it drives me bananas.
    at least now the reflective surface has deteriorated enough that it doesn't glisten in the sun and catch your eye anymore.
    I've thought about trying to devise a hook for the bottom of our drone but my husband doesn't trust my piloting skills to not get that stuck in the process
    do you own a shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Solution:

You are welcome.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

RESPECT.

Hate those things. I hosted a birthday bbq years ago and someone brought a bouquet of those balloons, and of course lost hold of it and it drifted up and away. So now I feel obligated to pick them up when I come across them, but to be honest I've only found two.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    RESPECT.

Hate those things. I hosted a birthday bbq years ago and someone brought a bouquet of those balloons, and of course lost hold of it and it drifted up and away. So now I feel obligated to pick them up when I come across them, but to be honest I've only found two.
    Same here, I fucking despise those things. I've found them absolutely EVERYWHERE in UT while bushwacking around looking for new rocks to climb. The deeper you go in the boonies the higher the likelihood that you'll come across one of the mangled fuckers draped across a branch getting trashed by the wind, probably poisoning birds and other critters who try to eat it. When it's a party balloon for a birthday I can't help but wish it will be the last birthday the asshole who let it float away will ever have.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Pretty sure my new employed-by-the-forest-service neighbor could get it down. Dude's barely moved in and he comes over..."Ya know, if you need any of those trees trimmed..."
    The next weekend he was completely harnessed up, 80% up our biggest Siberian Elm, with a huge chain saw working away, and another small one dangling off his hip.
    He'd get up there, and use some long pole extended branch trimming thing and...easy-peasy. He owns 13 chain saws BTW. We agreed it's like my fly rod/bike/ski obsession.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Solution:

You are welcome.
    that's amazing.
    I might start a new business. market directly to those impacted by mylar balloon strandings
    skid luxury