Page 1349 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 ... LastLast
Results 33,701 to 33,725 of 46050
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No need to go that far, Cleveland in the 70s.
    not that far off. working on a project in borrowed space in a former engine manufacturing facility that is being repurposed as a parts distribution facility. very cleveland like in that it's old, gloomy, and dirty. Which is also VERY annoying considering our group's real shop is a Taj Mahal of wrenching facilities.

The apparent demise of Honey Wheat Berry Bread.
    Curse you Oroweat, may you rot in Hell.

Yet another nail in the Boomer coffin.

Replaced most of the plumbing in my house over the weekend; ripping out an abomination of a mixed bag of straight copper, flexible copper, CPVC, iron pipe, and pex; no real rhyme or reason to any of it. My girlfriend didn’t really want me to do it then because she had her second COVID shot on Monday and didn’t want to fuck around with plumbing issues. I assured her it’s fine…. Fine…. Don’t worry….

Had a leak spring up 12 hours later around one of the soldered joints, I was stuck at work and my girlfriend was working from home, so I had her turn off the water to the house until I could fix it. Went home early, had to cut the copper adjacent to the leak so I could drain the water from that section and get it hot enough to work on. Fixed it, though, nice and clean….

Yesterday she calls that there is no water in the entire house. Wtf? Some kind of airlock? Had her do some troubleshooting, nothing made sense….. turns out the city was working on an expansion and broke a water main.

Been an annoying plumbing experience, and it started out as such a victory….
    focus.

All plumbing is an annoying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Your cottonwood. It’s my kryptonite.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... yes that cotton is horrible. Fills my barns, water troughs, covers the grass, sticks to screens, it's everywhere BUT the trees sure are pretty when they are leafed out.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    The apparent demise of Honey Wheat Berry Bread.
    Curse you Oroweat, may you rot in Hell.

Yet another nail in the Boomer coffin.
    Really? Looks like it's still on their site and available in my area from Albersons/Safeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Replaced most of the plumbing in my house over the weekend; ripping out an abomination of a mixed bag of straight copper, flexible copper, CPVC, iron pipe, and pex; no real rhyme or reason to any of it. My girlfriend didn’t really want me to do it then because she had her second COVID shot on Monday and didn’t want to fuck around with plumbing issues. I assured her it’s fine…. Fine…. Don’t worry….

Had a leak spring up 12 hours later around one of the soldered joints, I was stuck at work and my girlfriend was working from home, so I had her turn off the water to the house until I could fix it. Went home early, had to cut the copper adjacent to the leak so I could drain the water from that section and get it hot enough to work on. Fixed it, though, nice and clean….

Yesterday she calls that there is no water in the entire house. Wtf? Some kind of airlock? Had her do some troubleshooting, nothing made sense….. turns out the city was working on an expansion and broke a water main.

Been an annoying plumbing experience, and it started out as such a victory….
    too funny! What are the chances their work corresponded with yours making you think you made the issue. Sounds like you got it done though - good job!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No need to go that far, Cleveland in the 70s.
    Oh yeah, I forgot there was a movie about that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Really? Looks like it's still on their site and available in my area from Albersons/Safeway.

ITS YOUR ALBERTSONS SUPERMARKET!!! BUT THE MEAT DEPARTMENT IS MIIIIINNNNNEEE!!!!!!!!

pretty annoying jingle as far as jingle's go

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm annoyed when I'm in the right turn lane at a stop sign or red light and the guy in the through lane pulls up too far so I can't see cars coming from the left.

(Not really)
    Oh no you dint!!!!!

The battery in the “fuzzy logic” rice cookers. Eventually wears out, you need to take it completely apart, unsolder the holder and battery. Solder in new battery and then solder in new holder.

Could not be made harder

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    The battery in the “fuzzy logic” rice cookers. Eventually wears out, you need to take it completely apart, unsolder the holder and battery. Solder in new battery and then solder in new holder.

Could not be made harder

Sauce pan, rice, water and salt on the stove top.

That's what I saw when I searched on line too - local Safeways all supposedly well stocked. Nothing in any Safeway within a 200 mile radius (I called; Boomers have a lot of free time), and they haven't seen any in months.
    Lying liars be lying.

Sauce pan, rice, water and salt on the stove top.
    I am incapable of making rice without some rice water boiling over and onto the stove. I could make 1/4 cup in a 7 qt dutch oven and it would boil over. My stove has 4 powerful burners. 2 of them theoretically can simmer--by cycling the flame on and off, but I figure that's a good way to wear out the ignitors so I turn the burner all the way down and hope for the best, which isn't good enough.

^^^ Rinse the rice in cold water first to get rid of some starch.

Always, always include some butter or oil in your rice!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Always, always include some butter or oil in your rice!

Yes, if you’re making paella or risotto not for Asian rice

Humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ Rinse the rice in cold water first to get rid of some starch.
    always

JFC, people don't know how to properly cook rice. WTF?

If your burners are all to high, pull the knob off and turn the flame down with a thin flat blade screwdriver.

FFS rice isn't that hard to cook. Use a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    If your burners are all to high, pull the knob off and turn the flame down with a thin flat blade screwdriver.

FFS rice isn't that hard to cook. Use a timer.
    I think 90% of the world population has it figured out without a timer. JFC, rice. Rice. WTF?

Uncle Roger will straighten you guys out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OKjTIUp1w

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    JFC, people don't know how to properly cook rice. WTF?
    My friend's Asian American wife had no idea you could cook rice without a rice cooker.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Uncle Roger will straighten you guys out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OKjTIUp1w
    dudes chinese accent fkn sucks.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I think 90% of the world population has it figured out without a timer. JFC, rice. Rice. WTF?

Yeh but, unka rog is mankn' bank..

Not that hard to cook a wide variety of rice without a nanny to help. FFS
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime