Page 1425 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 ... LastLast
Results 35,601 to 35,625 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Arcgis layers that don't line up, forcing me to learn how to fix it, instead of, you know, just working - why the fuck is one layer off the west coast of africa?!
    Fkna

Plate tectonics, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's nuts.

What sort of nut is this?

Macadamia nut.

Texas annoys me.

A top administrator in Southlake, Texas, last week advised teachers that if they have a book about the Holocaust, they should have a book from an "opposing" perspective, NBC News reported, citing an audio recording.

Gina Peddy, Carroll Independent School District's executive director of curriculum and instruction, made the comment during a training session on which books were allowed in classroom libraries. A staff member secretly recorded the meeting and shared it with NBC.

"Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979," Peddy said during the meeting, referring to a new Texas law that requires educators to present multiple viewpoints for "widely debated and currently controversial" issues, NBC reported. "And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust," Peddy continued, "that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives."

"How do you oppose the Holocaust?" one teacher asked.

Gina Peddy, Carroll Independent School District's executive director of curriculum and instruction....

What this bitch needs is a good old fashioned grudge-fuck.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Gina Peddy, Carroll Independent School District's executive director of curriculum and instruction....

What this bitch needs is a good old fashioned grudge-fuck.
    Wait. What?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Texas annoys me.
    The "opposing viewpoint" would obviously be "Mein Kampf."

Fucking Texas is really going above and beyond in the "moron legislation" department as of late...

I am looking forward to some whataboutism from Montucky.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

"A top administrator in Southlake, Texas, last week advised teachers that if they have a book about the Holocaust, they should have a book from an "opposing" perspective, NBC News reported, citing an audio recording.

Gina Peddy, Carroll Independent School District's executive director of curriculum and instruction, made the comment during a training session on which books were allowed in classroom libraries. A staff member secretly recorded the meeting and shared it with NBC.

"Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979," Peddy said during the meeting, referring to a new Texas law that requires educators to present multiple viewpoints for "widely debated and currently controversial" issues, NBC reported. "And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust," Peddy continued, "that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives."

"How do you oppose the Holocaust?" one teacher asked."

I would like to read that as the administrator making fun of the law--you know, sarcasm. Is that too charitable? Texas does have a proud tradition of very funny liberals--Molly Ivins, Ann Richards, Jim Hightower. She's probably serious but if she isn't she's just pulled a pretty good prank on the internet.

CAT SHIT ON LAWN UPDATE

Because it's Friday and reading this is better than work (I assume).

Recap:
    Neighbour's cat Kennedy shitting on my lawn every morning, tradeoff is less mice around my backyard, garage, and home in general it seems (this is the time of year when they start to try to invade). Obviously picking up shit on the daily isn't something I want to do, nor should have to do. So, mags suggest this bad-boy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orbit-enforcer-1-scaled.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	389132

So I set it up, aimed where the cat would enter the yard after making it's rounds in the field behind the house.

Day 1 - CAT SHIT. Right in the line of fire, with a lovely moistening appearance. But this shit was different. You see, normally the shit would be in 3 "logs," neatly stacked on top of each other. This shit was one long-ass piece, almost like the shit was excreted under duress or surprise. I'm upset, but I stick with it.

Day 2, and every day thereafter - NO SHIT. That's right. Fuck that cat, I don't know where he's shitting now, but it ain't my lawn. I don't even have to turn on the sprinkler anymore it seems. The mere presence of it seems to be enough to deter pests.

BONUS THAT MAGS DIDN'T MENTION - my neighbour is having a beer on his porch, which is aligned facing my house so that he would be looking right down the sights of the military-grade sprinkler. My dad pulls up in his Porsche and gets out, and starts walking across the grass to my door. Sprinkler activated, gets him in the arm, soaks the car, and the neighbour starts laughing. My old man, being the good sport that he is, acts like he's totally soaked and makes exaggerated motions of displeasure, causing the neighbour to laugh hysterically.
    He told me about this as we sat on his porch drinking later on watching passing cars trigger the sprinkler.

So thanks for the advice TGR heathens! This thing is awesome everyone should have one.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    CAT SHIT ON LAWN UPDATE

Day 1 - CAT SHIT. Right in the line of fire, with a lovely moistening appearance. But this shit was different. You see, normally the shit would be in 3 "logs," neatly stacked on top of each other. This shit was one long-ass piece, almost like the shit was excreted under duress or surprise. I'm upset, but I stick with it.

BONUS THAT MAGS DIDN'T MENTION - my neighbour is having a beer on his porch, which is aligned facing my house so that he would be looking right down the sights of the military-grade sprinkler. My dad pulls up in his Porsche and gets out, and starts walking across the grass to my door. Sprinkler activated, gets him in the arm, soaks the car, and the neighbour starts laughing. My old man, being the good sport that he is, acts like he's totally soaked and makes exaggerated motions of displeasure, causing the neighbour to laugh hysterically.
    He told me about this as we sat on his porch drinking later on watching passing cars trigger the sprinkler.
    We should have told you about the cheap security cam first so these events were properly recorded. Both. But I think I’d rather see the cat run while shitting and getting soaked.
    focus.

Been planning on buying a TV soon, would prefer to buy from Costco, but also waiting to see what sales pop up in the next month+. Been poking around on Costco and Best Buy for a while now.

Go to Costco today and there are suddenly a bunch more in "my size" of TVs, some quite a bit cheaper than before. "Why wait for a sale", I say to myself, I'll buy one of these! I click on the TVs, and all of the "new" TVs that are cheaper say "sorry, we can't deliver this TV to your location."

You know my location, dickwads, I am logged in and you've been showing me TVs I can get for the last month! Why suddenly add in TVs that I cannot purchase? Annoying.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Of course they know your location. They can't let you know that they know, however, until they completely take over.

They know it because it shows my zipcode at the top. And my precise address in the "my account" section.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They know it because it shows my zipcode at the top. And my precise address in the "my account" section.
    I thought you were #vanlife down by the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I thought you were #vanlife down by the river?
    A guy can't have a TV in his van?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A guy can't have a TV in his van?
    No, absolutely not, a van should have multiple TVs, However, it could be why Costco have failed to accommodate delivery to your humble abode.

Buddy had a used Chevy conversion van that had a CRT TV and VCR. One of the last models to have that. He ripped those out right quick and replaced them with a LCD and DVD player.

The only place Costco can deliver those TV's is if you live on a boat in LA Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The only place Costco can deliver those TV's is if you live on a boat in LA Harbor.
    Bahaha. Los Angeles, Port of.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Arcgis layers that don't line up, forcing me to learn how to fix it, instead of, you know, just working - why the fuck is one layer off the west coast of africa?!
    Fkna
    Projection definition? Should the Lat be positive and the Lon be negative?

Betting lines on nearly every sport now. It seems you can't watch almost any sport now without the betting lines on games and commercials about betting web sites. Football pregame shows used to be about football, then it changed to a big chunk devoted to fantasy leagues, now a lot of gambling crap and then rather than talk about winning/losing they seem to be focused on beating the spread.

I was watching golf yesterday and the bottom 3rd of the screen was taken up by odds to win the tournament, in the middle of the round. The fact that many of the betting sites practically guarantee your first win up to hundreds of $ just to sign up tells me that most people are losing a lot of money. I have a friend that bets quite a bit that i would put in an occasional bet in years past in the age of a bookie, but i won't sign up for these sites. It just seems like it would be too easy to click away money I don't want to lose. Sort of like my wife (wrong thread jong) buying tons of crap we don't need after getting Amazon Prime . A couple of clicks and you're out a few hundy.

Smelling exhaust while riding road bike. fuck it sucks to ride on a highway during busy times now. I’ll be too old to ride when majority of the cars will be electric but it will be nice…

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Smelling exhaust while riding road bike. fuck it sucks to ride on a highway during busy times now. I’ll be too old to ride when majority of the cars will be electric but it will be nice…
    One of the many reasons that I’ve never understood people’s affinity for road biking. Especially in busy areas. Sorry, but maybe find another sport, I hear pickball is all the rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    , I hear pickball is all the rage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5945.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	389369