Page 1434 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 ... LastLast
Results 35,826 to 35,850 of 46044
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    So, tell me [better yet, this client of mine] how Comcast is getting its shit together.
    Now *that* sounds more like classic Comcast.

I was just speculating because I recently had an *excellent* Comcast CS experience. And to be quite frank, it shocked me how good it was.

Perhaps they are only *getting* their shit together. Or perhaps MTM and I just lucked out.

I was at Wal-Mart today. They were playing Christmas music.

I really miss celebrating Thanksgiving. Why we don't move it to coincide with Canada's I will never know but then again, it would probably get swallowed up by Halloween so maybe move it to September.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Truckee PUD was seriously considering offering internet and cable some years ago, even laid some fiber during a trenching project for something else, but then got cold feet when the ATT and Suddenlink threatened to sue. Now they're sniffing around the idea again. Doubt it will happen.

Anthony, my installer, was a dead set doppelganger for David Chappell. I told him that this place never had cable TV ever. We walked around, went to the utility pole, and he's like, we can run a line. I moved a bunch of shit inside, he drilled and set up a coax. He's like, try to connect and setup your network. My old network was Ron Funk, so I called this one Ron Funky.

He's like, I'm a dj, and I know funk. You like james? I'm like both, brown and rick. Then I screamed out, im Rick James bitch! He did not get the joke.

We talked about his next wedding gig and how he's right on the cusp of buying a new deck because he lives in a two story town home near Ogden and he hates carrying his current setup down and up the stairs every gig. He has a wedding this weekend.

I pulled up Twitch to test the connection, and we just went deeper on djs.

It was a fantastic experience.

Totally wrong thread, but relevant none the less.

P. S. He's still working on how to structure his interface and incorporate chat functionality, but it's his online side project. Can't wait to see his next stream.

Watch DJMMiMER with me on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/djmmimer?sr=a
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I will say that for as terrible as comcast phone CS is, I’ve never had anything but good experiences with the techs they have in the field.

If you have a Comcast store near you, never use the phone, always go to the store. Generally have had good service and experiences at the store. The phone, not so much
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

SNL skit from this past weekend on cancelling cable: https://youtu.be/V5DeDLI8_IM
    Last edited by spanky; 11-10-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If you have a Comcast store near you, never use the phone, always go to the store. Generally have had good service and experiences at the store. The phone, not so much
    Can confirm.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-10 155418.png
Views: 353
Size:  604.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Coworker didn't pull out far enough before they cut a hard right (they were parked on my left). Left rubber on my bumper, took the paint of a trim panel and ruined my headlight.

My truck has less then 200 miles on it, it's 8 days old.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Coworker didn't pull out far enough before they cut a hard right (they were parked on my left). Left rubber on my bumper, took the paint of a trim panel and ruined my headlight.

My truck has less then 200 miles on it, it's 8 days old.
    It'll be about 4 times older than that when you get it back. Sorry to hear it.
    If you need any more convincing not to trust doctors there were a lot of hit and runs in the doctors' lot at my hospital--no note or anything.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Recently, the US Army has been getting on my nerves. Specifically, the tanks at Ft Hood doing target practice at 3AM. My new house is about 20 miles away, but apparently directly down range. Last night there must have been at least 30 deep booms loud enough to rattle windows and start dogs barking.

Yeah, I know, the sound of freedom. Shit, I’d hate to be on the receiving end of that if they were actually trying to hit me.
    back in the cold war days they used to play the ww3 broke out alert game
    wed have to load up all the tanks n bradleys and drive thru town to the edge of the village and set up defensive positions
    the earlier we'd do it
    the more empty beir bottles the german locals would throw at us
    id throw the dump oil on the manifold switch on the bifv
    rev er up and smoke em out
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Shit that annoys you

This house was plumbed entirely with CPVC and few shutoff valves; those valves available are shitty and are about 50/50 for actually working. Makes for sudden scope creep when trying to do anything with plumbing. Current case - if the shutoff valve for the current location of my washer worked, I’d turn off the water at the current location, move the washer, tap in the new line, and be done. But now I have to get into the wall and cap off the CPVC, which of course, I don’t have any 3/4” CPVC caps in the house. So hardware store trip…. Goddamnit.

ETA: since I’m abandoning the current line I’d much rather cap it off in the basement and NOT leave old pressurized CPVC In the wall, but nothing end runs to a manifold so I’d have to get into I’m not sure where to separate the washer supply from the bathroom supply. Saving grace of CPVC is cheap and easy, so why the fuck wouldn’t you end run it in new construction?
    focus.

Your water supply lines are CPVC? That's extremely odd. I don't think I've ever seen it used for anything besides boiler/furnace flues.

Shit that annoys you

Yeah. It’s weird. All very neat and straight. But what the actual fuck.

ETA: look at this shit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636639762.645366.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	392316
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    You're the one who has to live in Texas...
    I believe Ft Hood is part of a federal organization.

Used to live in Puyallup, WA, about the same distance from the field artillery range at Ft Lewis as I am now from the tanks at Ft Hood. I remember occasionally hearing the guns at Ft Lewis, but it was nowhere near as loud or often as I’m currently experiencing. Seems the US Army is sparing no expense in training our tank crews these days. Which I suppose is a good thing.

Oh, and all the drain lines are ABS…. Which, OK, but local home improvement stores mostly carry sch 40. So everything is just a little bit harder.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Jeezus, fuck...

I would insulate that stretch of pipe that's right at your sill plate. Or get some sort of thermal break between it and the foundation/sill. If that's an exterior wall I'm amazed that it hasn't frozen in the UP.

I was under the impression that if used PVC could only be used for cold not hot service?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I would insulate that stretch of pipe that's right at your sill plate. Or get some sort of thermal break between it and the foundation/sill. If that's an exterior wall I'm amazed that it hasn't frozen in the UP.
    Thanks for the tip. The (unheated) garage is on the other side of that wall, and it’s a few feet from the furnace and carries hot water to the rest of the house. Not surprised it hasn’t been a problem, but might still be worth throwing some pipe insulation on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I was under the impression that if used PVC could only be used for cold not hot service?
    CPVC (not PVC) is rated for hot and cold domestic water. It’s a terrible idea, but it’s technically compliant.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    wed have to load up all the tanks n bradleys and drive thru town to the edge of the village and set up defensive positions
    the earlier we'd do it
    LMFAO, rolling coal in a tank before rolling coal was a thing!!! badass. trendsetter.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the earlier we'd do it
    I worked at a summer camp across the lake from a SAC/TAC base. It was annoying when they'd scramble at 2am. Everything on the base in the air in something like 15 minutes. And the B52's used to flow over so low you could see the rivets. They would tell us no, those B52's don't have any nuclear weapons on board. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I worked at a summer camp across the lake from a SAC/TAC base. It was annoying when they'd scramble at 2am. Everything on the base in the air in something like 15 minutes. And the B52's used to flow over so low you could see the rivets. They would tell us no, those B52's don't have any nuclear weapons on board. Right.
    I grew up in Chittenden County, near proximity across the lake from Plattsburgh AFB, a B52 base. And directly in a flight path for the VTANG base a few miles away in South Burlington with F-4s, then F-16s. Plus for a few years I lived a couple of miles from the Ethan Allen firing range. GE tested their weapons systems there. Hella noisy. Plus the VT National Guard would practice there.