Page 1423 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 ... LastLast
Results 35,551 to 35,575 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    flu vaccine kicks my ass

my first one ever was earlier in the year for my new job - I was sick for three days

got one yesterday and I feel like shit today

my two Moderna COVID shots were ok but god damn this flu shot
    Wait til you're 65 and they give you the high dose one. I felt achy and feverish this year--normally they don't bother me--but I was still functional, running around up and down hill draining hoses and irrigation in advance of a hard freeze predicted and putting away anything fragile out doors on the off chance that there was enough snow to damage them. (There wasn't, but the snow on the hills looked pretty for a couple of hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I have had lots of flu shots and barely feel them, but Pfizer 2 beat the ever living shit out of me though. Didn’t kick in until 12 hrs later when I thought I was free and clear which was super annoying. Flu shot next week
    Same for me, on all points. Got a flu shot this week. I’m too lazy to get it every year but try to if I’m traveling on planes much that winter.

Having to interrupt making my breakfast to change the GFI that the espresso machine, toaster oven, and coffee grinder run off. And the damn thing is under a cabinet, wires barely fit in the box, the ground wire is a loop that the new GFI doesn't like. But it works and I finally got my breakfast.

That is no way to start the day.

I just witnessed - for the second time within a few weeks - someone signal one way, and turn the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I just witnessed - for the second time within a few weeks - someone signal one way, and turn the other.
    Not post-worthy around here. Nor is stopping in the middle of the road and not turning.

Puppy did a number on the irrigation in the yard that we just fenced in. I bought this stuff called “Dog Mace” that you are supposed to sprinkle around and it repels them. Apparently he is immune to its powers because he now loves the stuff and goes around the yard eating it.

When our older dog was a puppy, he chewed his leash, so my wife had the idea to put hot sauce on it to dissuade him. While she's applying it, the dog walks over and starts licking the top of the bottle completely unfazed.

Was it me?

When our older dog was a puppy, he chewed his leash, so my wife had the idea to put hot sauce on it to dissuade him. While she's applying it, the dog walks over and starts licking the top of the bottle completely unfazed.
    Yeah, I feel like is is just a condiment that I’m adding onto the very thing that he’ll want to chew, almost encouraging him, or at least telling him where the good stuff is.

^^^ exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Was it me?
    At work or in your own vehicle?

But no it wasn't. Today was lady with gray hair, dangling a cigarette out of the window of her big white SUV, and the previous time was a guy in a POS minivan.

Hole patterns in garbage cans don't make sense. I'd like the trash to stay in the garbage please.

^^^ exactly

At work or in your own vehicle?

But no it wasn't. Today was lady with gray hair, dangling a cigarette out of the window of her big white SUV, and the previous time was a guy in a POS minivan.
    Work vehicle because I had one that the turn signals only sometimes self canceled the other day. Im sure I annoyed many.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, I feel like is is just a condiment that I’m adding onto the very thing that he’ll want to chew, almost encouraging him, or at least telling him where the good stuff is.
    When Murph was a puppy the lady at the store opened the bottles and sprayed them on her arm and found the one he didn't like the most. Some he didn't even notice. She said all dogs are different in their tastes.

Mustard repells me.

Also annoying when the Starbucks drive through line is blocking the road and people think its ok to block trafficto get coffee.

A) I know hot sauce works for (most) horses who crib on fences and stalls. Never tried it with a pup but not suprised thst some like it.

B) I drill small holes in the base of all my trash cans to drain water in the (shamedly regular) event that they get left open in the rain. Not sure if that's what what you meant?

Cribbers usually crib if they can find a place to grab.

Fence eaters, on the other hand usually won't eat wood with hot sauce...

Maybe you guys need to up your hot sauce game. If you're using hot sauce you would eat yourself why wouldn't a dog like it? We're talking about an animal that will eat used kotex and diapers.
    You could try this although it is a little pricey.
    https://www.amazon.com/Source-Sauce-.../dp/B001BIXJG2
    My kid gave me some years ago, I still have some of it. 1 drop will ruin a gallon of chile verde if you're not careful.
    And maybe only use it on the bad neighbor's dog, not your own. Better yet, use it on the neighbor himself.

Dave’s insanity sauce is the hottest thing I’ve ever had.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe you guys need to up your hot sauce game. If you're using hot sauce you would eat yourself why wouldn't a dog like it? We're talking about an animal that will eat used kotex and diapers.
    You could try this although it is a little pricey.
    https://www.amazon.com/Source-Sauce-.../dp/B001BIXJG2
    My kid gave me some years ago, I still have some of it. 1 drop will ruin a gallon of chile verde if you're not careful.
    And maybe only use it on the bad neighbor's dog, not your own. Better yet, use it on the neighbor himself.
    Speaking of animals eating diapers
    ‘Cold Blooded’ Dad Sent to Prison for Killing Son Over Lewd Diaper Pics “

“A Colorado dad convicted of murdering his son after the 13-year-old discovered photos of him in women’s underwear eating feces from a diaper has been sentenced to 48 years in prison.
    Mark Redwine, 59, was found guilty of second-degree murder and child abuse in July after he killed his son, Dylan, inside his Durango, Colorado, home on Nov. 18, 2012. The teen was on a court-ordered visit for Thanksgiving when Redwine snapped after him and his older brother—after the pair confronted him about the lewd photos of him in a red bra and eating feces from a diaper.
    The lengthy sentence marks the end of a nearly nine-year saga that garnered national attention. During Friday’s sentencing hearing, several of Dylan’s family and friends spoke about the teenager’s “bright” personality and urged a judge to issue a hefty sentence for a father who “knowingly murdered his own son” and “stole” his young life.
    “You never had remorse. What were you thinking when you were looking into his blue eyes?” Elaine Hall, the teenager’s mother said, while her ex-husband sat across the courtroom in an orange jumpsuit. “You robbed him of his youth. You robbed him of what he would have been. You never take accountability.”
    Prosecutors also argued for the maximum penalty, calling Redwine a “cold blooded killer” who actively “misled” authorities for years in an effort to shift blame. Judge Jeffrey Wilson seemed to agree, slamming Redwine for his “utter lack of remorse” before giving him 48 years in prison on both counts to run concurrently.
    During the five-week trial, prosecutors said Dylan was last seen the night of Nov. 18, 2012 just before he went to visit his father. Friends and family testified that he was not looking forward to the trip.
    “He did not want to see his father,” Cristen Baird, who dated Dylan at the time, testified during the trial. “He was mandated by the court order to come to see his dad... He was not excited.”
    The next day, Redwine reported his son missing, stating Dylan was not there when he got home from work. Redwine’s defense team contended that Dylan was likely attacked by a bear or a mountain lion after running away from his dad’s house.
    Hall told jurors that her son wouldn’t just leave without a word. She said she texted Redwine hours after learning Dylan had disappeared, saying: “I am so suspicious of you right now.”
    About seven months later, authorities found Dylan’s partial remains miles from Redwine’s home. Two years after that, hikers found the teenager’s skull, which would later be key evidence in Redwine’s trial. A forensic examination found blunt-force trauma to the skull, as well as a fracture above the boy’s left eye—injuries experts testified likely were inflicted by another human, not an animal.
    Redwine, a former truck driver, was not arrested until July 2017—after he appeared on the Dr. Phil show in 2013 to deny any involvement in Dylan’s death.
    “The past nine years without Dylan have been nothing short of misery,” Cory Redwine, Dylan’s older brother, said Friday”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

That belongs in the terrible humans thread

Wish I hadn't read that.

Shit that annoys you

That guy should have to wear a prison jumpsuit w a silkscreen print of him
    Feasting on the diaper buffet on the back

Wish I hadn't read that.

Agreed. Thanks snoqpass for that, sorry you found it annoying.

Wish I hadn't read that.
    This.