Page 1465 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... LastLast
Results 36,601 to 36,625 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    <snip>

What was hilarious was our company got a new CFO during that time who seemed to assume the problem was with our own staff not being diligent or persistent in dealing with AT&T. "I want you to call AT&T and have this resolved today." Um, we've been calling them repeatedly for years. You have know idea who you're dealing with here. "Well I'll deal with it then, we'll have legal send them a letter demanding they correct the billing immediately." A year later that CFO was long gone, data centers were all shut down and AT&T was still billing us for usage on lines we no longer used. Around the time I left that was finally getting cleaned up.
    This is *absolutely* hilarious. I love when the new big-shot comes in and bloviates about how he's gonna GET THINGS DONE.

Sweet - *you* deal with them, Mr. Bigshot. One less irritating pile of shit on *my* plate.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    No, it's OG for goodness sakes - he's still got the soup-cans with string.
    That's not fair. We're on Netscape. Our email is Prodigy.

RE: Starlink. Is $500 for the hardware and $99/mo standard, or do they have deals? Supposedly it will be available here later this year

New subie wilderness arrived 6 weeks early. No biggie or too annoying, just wasn’t really ready for that. Trying to decide whether or not to trade in the 14 forester or sell it privately. Did Seano ever say what happened with the damage subie that he ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    New subie wilderness arrived 6 weeks early. No biggie or too annoying, just wasn’t really ready for that. Trying to decide whether or not to trade in the 14 forester or sell it privately. Did Seano ever say what happened with the damage subie that he ordered?
    I walked.....Their last best was "we'll fix it so that no one will ever know"... and fuck no we won't give you a discount. It was sweet, for sure, if i were you id sell it privately and make some $$$$.....Good luck.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I walked.....Their last best was "we'll fix it so that no one will ever know"... and fuck no we won't give you a discount. It was sweet, for sure, if i were you id sell it privately and make some $$$$.....Good luck.
    My neighbor is desperate for a car for his daughter and I know he’d pay a reasonable price for it, but it may still be out of her budget. It’s a 14 XT with 91k miles. Oh well first world problems.

My neighbor is desperate for a car for his daughter and I know he’d pay a reasonable price for it, but it may still be out of her budget. It’s a 14 XT with 91k miles. Oh well first world problems.
    One of my coworkers totaled her Outback a couple of weeks ago and that sounds about what year and mileage she would be looking for (she’s a college student) pm me if you do think of selling it
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    One of my coworkers totaled her Outback a couple of weeks ago and that sounds about what year and mileage she would be looking for (she’s a college student) pm me if you do think of selling it
    Will do - I have to come over there to pick up the new ob. The sales guys at the IF dealership annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    RE: Starlink. Is $500 for the hardware and $99/mo standard, or do they have deals? Supposedly it will be available here later this year
    I think there’s just one deal, and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That if you're fully faxed (3 shots currently) you still need to provide a negative test to travel. Fuck that, if I am asymptomatic and kill off a few unvax idiots in my travels, why would anyone care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Because triple vaxxed asymptomatic positive cases are responsible for spread to other triple vaxxed people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Truth. This new wave is finding everyone. Fucking insidious.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    But the triple vaxed are not dying, so again, did I get stopped with a common cold or even the flu 3 ears ago? No I didn't. If you're not vaxed it ain't my fault Darwin took you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I can see your point. All of the restrictions and testing are starting to feel a little bit like COVID theater. Mask requirements on planes should continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I think testing is theater at this point. Shit that annoys me: the ongoing mocking of requiring masks in public spaces but allowing people to remove their mask to eat. Masks reduce transmission, they don’t stop it. Masking half the time reduces transmission half the time. That’s better than not reducing transmission at all. This shit isn’t binary.
    At this point I am happy to do what I can to reduce infecting someone with a compromised immune system or little kids, but those who didn't get vaxed can fuck off, as they are trending on my liberties. Like Macron said, it is time to piss the non vaxed off.

. . .

The fact that you went through those threads and passive aggressively quoted them here is pretty annoying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Will do - I have to come over there to pick up the new ob. The sales guys at the IF dealership annoy me.
    Do they smell like over cologned cigarette butts too in IF?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Do they smell like over cologned cigarette butts too in IF?
    Lol, pretty much.

Annoyed that all the good skiing World Cup events got moved to some streaming service that NBC offers that there’s fuckall chance I’ll get now that the Olympic Channel that came with Hulu got crapcanned.
    I still call it The Jake.

I got a notification from Uber asking if I wanted an Uber for my flight to Reno Sunday. I don't have a flight to Reno. My son does. Seems like Uber has access to my Google calendar--where it says "flight to Reno" but not who's taking it. Fuck Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I got a notification from Uber asking if I wanted an Uber for my flight to Reno Sunday. I don't have a flight to Reno. My son does. Seems like Uber has access to my Google calendar--where it says "flight to Reno" but not who's taking it. Fuck Uber.
    Of course... you likely granted it those privileges when you installed the app.

(acoustic version)

Acoustic covers have always annoyed me, namely when it's a bad cover of an already bad pop song. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Of course... you likely granted it those privileges when you installed the app.
    When it comes to tech companies I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but wow, that's really messed up.

Yes many times over. Even a good band doing an acoustic of their own song.

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    (acoustic version)

Acoustic covers have always annoyed me, namely when it's a bad cover of an already bad pop song. Anyone else?

Meh, I'm back and forth. (If you're a foo fighters fan..) have you heard the Everlong acoustic from Stern years ago?

Good stuff IMO

For a while some radio stations here seemed to be playing dance mixes of already annoying/overplayed songs. I'd take an acoustic version over that any day.

Did someone say acoustic?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

F Metallica.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

this is not how I thought that guy's speaking voice sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

The whole Nirvana MTV Unplugged is incredible. Kurt's end with Where Did You Sleep Last Night haunts me every time I hear it.

The set with black candles and white lillies to represent a funeral, the song list, and the fact that (afaik) this was the last music he recorded all contribute toward the levity of the final song.

Maybe not your jam.

It always hits me where it hurts.