Page 1671 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 ... LastLast
Results 41,751 to 41,775 of 46050
    GSA FTW

Praxis RX
    watch out for snakes

I was watching an X games women's skier cross at Sugar Bowl. The racers were impressive. The cameraman skiing just as fast through the tight trees next to the run with his eyes glued to the camera was more impressive.
    Filming in (then) Squaw Palisades ( the runs, not the resort). The guys airing the cliff into Main Chute were impressive. The photographer who had climbed down over the cornice and was working from the near-vertical slope just below was more impressive.
    In the Everest IMAX film Viesters and Segarra making the summit were impressive. Breshears and his crew who made it to the summit lugging an IMAX camera to film them--and weren't seen on camera--were more impressive.
    My son likes to put me in improbable places to video him skiing. Neither one of us is impressive.

What annoys you about all that?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post

I'm talking about the feet together, unnecessary pow jab.
    Here's a perfect example, and it annoys the shit out of me too. This came up on my feed the other day.. I don't know what I did to deserve it but clearly I need to change my search habits.

Feet together unnecessary pow jabbing starts at the 2:00 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I remember trying to explain to my dad how put 120 miles on the car on a Saturday night. (I don't remember the reasons--not the real one and not the one I made up.)
    Once we discovered how easy it was to unscrew the speedo cable from dad’s Mustang GT, we just had to calculate the correct fuel tank level that matched our known travel.
    Name:  IMG_0830.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  101.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Once we discovered how easy it was to unscrew the speedo cable from dad’s Mustang GT, we just had to calculate the correct fuel tank level that matched our known travel.
    Name:  IMG_0830.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  101.9 KB
    Coulda just always returned it full everytime.

The shit ass tree service with the underpowered chain saws and dull chains the neighbors hired

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Here's a perfect example, and it annoys the shit out of me too. This came up on my feed the other day.. I don't know what I did to deserve it but clearly I need to change my search habits.

^^This!

I do have a theory… here me out…

It’s been a few years since collectively the West has had decent snow. Many of these “kids” haven’t really been witness to this season’s depth and frequency before. They’ve had to improvise in prior years to create visuals for their “grams” and “reels” and they’ve not adjusted properly to current conditions - go figure. They are slashing unnecessarily.

AND, imo, the gear used by way too many people doesn’t let you get as deep into the snow. The only way to create/fake a “twin turbine” effect with 125cm wide water skis on is to slash, otherwise it looks like you’re skiing ankle deep snow…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

DPreview.com is shutting down in April

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    DPreview.com is shutting down in April
    Yeah that's some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

could i get those 4 minutes back when you get a chance?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I do not lament the days when the TGR finally blocks all of us.

Poignant.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I do not lament the days when the TGR finally blocks all of us.

Poignant.

Only be available with your Outside+ subscription starting in 2025. But luckily it will be included with your Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Only be available with your Outside+ subscription starting in 2025. But luckily it will be included with your Ikon Pass
    It would be hilarious actually instead of reverting to the retail shop, we reverted to a usenet shell and me and TriU could really shake the place up old school like. Like emoji's man .... :2P
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

If he couldn’t poison his wife without googling it I really question how good of a dentist he is.

I mean, fer chrissakes, at least go to the public library, that’s what I’m doing.

Wait…did I just type that?

Nevermind, carry on.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I can’t believe that running a popular forum site like that cannot be profitable. Get rid of bullshit “professional” articles that are nothing’s bu marketing materials but keep the community ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    I can’t believe that running a popular forum site like that cannot be profitable. Get rid of bullshit “professional” articles that are nothing’s bu marketing materials but keep the community ffs
    Buy the url and give it a rip.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It would be hilarious actually instead of reverting to the retail shop, we reverted to a usenet shell and me and TriU could really shake the place up old school like. Like emoji's man .... :2P
    -4°

It’s annoying how many people believe California is a high tax state, when they’d be paying lower taxes if they lived in California:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0D70128-294C-4D94-8A70-F2C9E796966E.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	452779

(California housing is expensive though. Need to build more.)

^Probably not though. If I moved to CA from IL, the house I just bought in CA real estate taxes just quincentupled and now I’m paying more than in IL. But now I’m out of IL, which is nice.

How do they determine that taxation? Do they assume you're a property owner and include property taxes? What about those who don't own? And for places like CA, do they assume you recently purchased people or do they include the people who have property taxes really low because they bought years ago?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How do they determine that taxation? Do they assume you're a property owner and include property taxes? What about those who don't own? And for places like CA, do they assume you recently purchased people or do they include the people who have property taxes really low because they bought years ago?
    I don’t know how that particular one was done, but I’ve seen these guys quoted by reputable sources in the past and it shows much the same:

https://itep.org/whopays-map/

If you dig around the website you can probably find everything you hope to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Maybe? I was traveling with a coworker living in Illinois a couple years ago and he was paying significantly more in property taxes than we were, and we’d only been in our house for about four years at the time.

(sorry, meant to reply to McPhee here)