Page 1196 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 ... LastLast
Results 29,876 to 29,900 of 46279
    Shit getting weird is annoying.

You know what gets my goat?
    It should be MANDATORY for every business or entity to have their phone number on the upper right hand corner of their website. Even on google search. If they can show the name of the entity, surely they can post the phone number (or email address if they don’t like phone calls). Scrolling down to the ‘contact’ button on the bottom of the page is bullshit.
    Get off my lawn.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    My 5yo projectile vomited PB&J in my wife's car on the way home from swim lessons. I now have the front seat tore out of it trying to get it all cleaned out. At least I'm having a beer in peace I guess.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    Oh ya. We had chocolate projectile vomit in the mini van once. Plus all kinds of other flavors, but that was the hardest to get out. Kids. Then they grow up and go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    My 5yo projectile vomited PB&J in my wife's car on the way home from swim lessons. I now have the front seat tore out of it trying to get it all cleaned out. At least I'm having a beer in peace I guess.

Its the stink that gets ya... baking soda, vinegar, pressure washer. Both my kids seem to love puking in their car seats.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Oh ya. We had chocolate projectile vomit in the mini van once. Plus all kinds of other flavors, but that was the hardest to get out. Kids. Then they grow up and go to college.
    It wasn't bad to get out at all and it didn't stink, just smelled like peanut butter. The only real annoyance turned out to be the 2 beers I had freezing before I could finish them.

Don't even want to think about them eventually getting to that stage of life yet, but trying to make the most of the time with them while I can.

Not so much annoying as just mind boggling: some body already in the turning circle stopped and waved at me to go forward after I had stopped to properly give them the right of way ..... and then proceeded to get angry and flip me off when I refused. There were cars behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Not so much annoying as just mind boggling: some body already in the turning circle stopped and waved at me to go forward after I had stopped to properly give them the right of way ..... and then proceeded to get angry and flip me off when I refused. There were cars behind them.
    We call those people "Niceholes"
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Niceholes cause murder and mayhem. It was certainly on my mind.

Try bike commuting. 1/3 of drivers think it's a travesty that they can't legally run you over, 1/3 begrudgingly respect your right to be there but think you should be drawn and quartered if you roll through an empty residential 4-way stop at 5 mph, and the other 1/3 are niceholes who will stop and try to wave you through a packed 4-lane arterial.

Now, dusty pre-ground coffee, that shit annoys me.

Children singing on rock songs annoys me. Except Pink Floyd, they get a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Try bike commuting. 1/3 of drivers think it's a travesty that they can't legally run you over, 1/3 begrudgingly respect your right to be there but think you should be drawn and quartered if you roll through an empty residential 4-way stop at 5 mph, and the other 1/3 are niceholes who will stop and try to wave you through a packed 4-lane arterial.

Now, dusty pre-ground coffee, that shit annoys me.
    Rode into work today and at a four way stop I stopped to wait for the car that beat me there. The dude driving started yelling and waving his arms and then flipped me the bird as he drove by. Still can’t figure out what I did wrong... 🤷♂️

The city put stop signs at the entry points of a traffic circle in my neighborhood that’s been there 60years because people are dumber now

My SoCal recent transplant 50 something neighbor ran his super lightweight battery powered snowblower over my public walk at 6am this morning. Turned 10 inches of fluffy medium density snow into 2 inches of super dense hardpack.
    My work today:
    My private walk: 10 minutes with a light shovel.
    My public walk: 30 minutes with a light shovel, ice scraper, and heavy shovel.
    Gonna be nice when I’m gone for a week storm chasing.
    When I’m home, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The city put stop signs at the entry points of a traffic circle in my neighborhood that’s been there 60years because people are dumber now
    That would fucking annoy me. Roundabouts aren’t for stopping. They are there so you don’t have to stop. That’s why you have a roundabout.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    That would fucking annoy me. Roundabouts aren’t for stopping. They are there so you don’t have to stop. That’s why you have a roundabout.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    ..Roundabouts aren’t for stopping. They are there so you don’t have to stop...
    ...erm...oh kay...

https://youtu.be/704vMj4GVx0

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Car manufacturers that assemble the whole vehicle around the headlight bulb.

Making near total disassembly or access through the tailpipe necessary to change them.

Either that or you need fingers like ET. Including the one that lights up to see what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Making near total disassembly or access through the tailpipe necessary to change them.

Either that or you need fingers like ET. Including the one that lights up to see what you're doing.
    You actually have to remove a wheel to change a headlight on my wife's suby.

No way I can get my hand in through wheel well "access" panel on a Grand Cherokee remove cover, bulb and then replace.

Removal of airbox, washer bottle on one side.

Fuse box and move computer on other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I will try to make a long story short. Neighbor kid my son's age broke into our kitchen while we were sleeping and stole some booze and a little bit of spending money. It snowed a lot yesterday, so there's clear tracks to our window. Oh, and he left his boots outside in the snow, must have come off when he came in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200208_130350.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	314646

The kid's had a shitty life starting at a young age and lives with his adoptive grandma. She's completely overwhelmed by the issues this kid and his sister have stemming from heredity and trauma at a young age. After this, he'll probably go into DCF custody. Grandma tried to do these kids a solid and was just in over her head. Her adopted daughter, their mom, has very serious mental health issues. There's a lot more that I won't get into.

My wife called the cops. After he was released they said he had to come apologize. My wife listened. I of course was more like, where's my money, bish?!?! That and my mostly full bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when they tried to drink that. They tossed it out I am told. I am thinking punishment should have been me making them drink it neat.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Fucking stoplights
    When the power is out it’s a four way stop sign. Come to a full stop and wait your turn
    Faaack
    . . .

Do people not do that?
    JFC. I thought that was standard protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fucking stoplights
    When the power is out it’s a four way stop sign. Come to a full stop and wait your turn
    Faaack
    Some people are assholes, but most just can't figure out when it's their turn at a four way stop, especially if it's more than 2 lanes each way. Hell, I think I went out of my turn today.

No way I can get my hand in through wheel well "access" panel on a Grand Cherokee remove cover, bulb and then replace.

You are an embarrassment to Australians everywhere not owning a Land Cruiser. And complaining about a poorly designed Grand Cherokee is like complaining that rain gets you wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You actually have to remove a wheel to change a headlight on my wife's suby.

Oooh, that's an infuriating one. It's like the designers and engineers who came up with that nonsense have never turned a wrench in their lives. The designers are like "Make the car look like this." And the engineers are like "You got it. We'll do whatever it takes. Routine maintanence be damned!"

Bulbs, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, etc. ALL should be easily accessible, but NOPE! Chrysler products are certainly some of the worst offenders, but these days seems that most manufacturers aren't far behind. That gap's definitely closed. Now that so many have even gone to non-serviceable, sealed transmissions with supposed "lifetime" (it's not) fluid, many of these aspects are worse than ever.