Page 1086 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... LastLast
Results 27,126 to 27,150 of 46293
    ^^^ It was a gym class staple.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If I have my history correct most people living in the real Wild West didn't much care for it.
    But if you want people to feel free to make death threats to Congress members or whatever it is that you don't feel they can say, how about we let anybody say anything--but only if they use their real name and location?
    Not quite what I was getting at. A better example is how a beloved thread here just got nuked. Or how somebody on Twitter or YouTube gets somebody else's panties in a twist about whatever, somebody whines, and then next thing you know, the original "offender" is gone, as are many the innocent bystanders. The internet's starting to get ruled by whiny SJWs and corporate elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Our teachers sanctioned some sort of dodgeball type thing where we'd all line up against the (brick) wall of the school and usually the biggest, meanest kids would whip the ball at your head. The good ol 70s.
    We used to play Red Rover (who doesn't love a good clothesline??) and Smear the Queer. Fortunately, by junior high, break dancing had come around and we were distracted from trying to kill one another.

It was goddam Lord of the Flies out there for awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Not quite what I was getting at. A better example is how a beloved thread here just got nuked. Or how somebody on Twitter or YouTube gets somebody else's panties in a twist about whatever, somebody whines, and then next thing you know, the original "offender" is gone, as are many the innocent bystanders. The internet's starting to get ruled by whiny SJWs and corporate elitists.
    My... what a snowflake. Who would have guessed?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Like public education curriculum in the USA is being steered (ha ha) by a bunch of right wing religious nutjobs from Texas who are so infatuated with their personal mythology they think they should impose it on the rest of the country? Cry, beloved thread . . .

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We used to play Red Rover (who doesn't love a good clothesline??) and Smear the Queer. Fortunately, by junior high, break dancing had come around and we were distracted from trying to kill one another.

It was goddam Lord of the Flies out there for awhile...
    Word. My left elbow is permently damaged from StQ. In 8th grade I was watching from the sidelines, as I was dressed for game day, soccer team. Somebody thought it be funny to give me the ball. It was was thrown from the side and so I caught it by reflex, having spaced out on what I was watching, and seeing movement enter my peripheral vision. Pop goes the elbow. That was the end of my soccer season as it took a while to heal, which was ok, I sucked at it, so I didn't try out in HS. Should I sue?

Edit to add:. Break dancing didn't really infect the schools until I was in HS, so we were never distracted from trying to kill each other in Jr High.

We invented this Smear the Queer-Soccer-Football-Mob Violence thing with teams and goals. It was remarkably dangerous. The teachers would stand up on the hill chatting and smoking cigarettes as we killed each other.

I was really good at dodgeball. Smacked a kid in the head, (you aim for the head), his head hit the corner of the red fire extinguisher box and he started bleeding. I’m pretty sure the game would’ve kept going if the period hadn’t ended.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Dodgeball was one of the great equalizers in Middle School. Definitely some of my finest moments in getting to exact revenge on my bullies in a school sanctioned activity. I needed dodgeball to even out the abuse I suffered during "flag" football that the kids (many of whom were held back like 4 grades - ghetto school) treated as full on tackle football where it was tackle the skinny white kid and beat the shit out of him. Even my own team would pick on me by always throwing me the ball at the worst possible moments, ensuring laughs all the way around (they were fellow gang members after all). Dodgeball was glorious in righting these wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Lindley said that the ball thrown by her son, Bryce, hit another boy and allegedly resulted in the boy suffering a concussion.
    Mariners need to sign this kid ASAP. They're still shitty. 30 seconds in.

If the injured kid's mom did in fact warn the school about previous incidents, seems like the school holds some responsibility for putting him the game after being warned.

This stuff used to be handled in school charging a 10 year old kid seems a bit excessive
    Read your C&P, which I missed yesterday. The school clearly did not refer this to authorities. Sounds like the parents were the ones who took this to county prosecutors. It will be interesting to see what the DA has to say (which so far is nothing). But, hey, instead lets all take an inflammatory story with scant and possibly mis-reported details, color the whole thing with our personal biases, then jump to conclusions and hold it up as an indictment of everything we think is wrong with the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    ^^^ It was a gym class staple.
    The last time I played dodge ball in high school somebody had dropped some acid in my lunch and it was my time to drive in behind the wheel training which was my next class. I drove up a curb while making a right turn in the neighborhood and the instructor just put on his brake and told me to try again. This got me giggling to myself for a while.

In gym I ran down past the half court line boundary to the other end of the court and was wondering why the kid wasn't trying to get away and tagged him with the ball. Gym teacher must've thought I was stoned and told me to sit on the sidelines.
    Crazy day. I hardly smoked weed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Our teachers sanctioned some sort of dodgeball type thing where we'd all line up against the (brick) wall of the school and usually the biggest, meanest kids would whip the ball at your head. The good ol 70s.
    We used to call that “Soak ‘em” or something like that, till the last kid standing, I remember the weird leather covered balls
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Read your C&P, which I missed yesterday. The school clearly did not refer this to authorities. Sounds like the parents were the ones who took this to county prosecutors. It will be interesting to see what the DA has to say (which so far is nothing). But, hey, instead lets all take an inflammatory story with scant and possibly mis-reported details, color the whole thing with our personal biases, then jump to conclusions and hold it up as an indictment of everything we think is wrong with the modern world.
    Well, now, that would be exactly how EVERY story is interpreted... and probably always has been. To hell with facts, reason, and all that other rational, grown-up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, now, that would be exactly how EVERY story is interpreted... and probably always has been. To hell with facts, reason, and all that other rational, grown-up stuff.
    Clearly, I'm new here.

People blaming the scaling issues of the internet - namely that the old "cool" internet didn't scale - on their pet social peeves.

Well, since there is no thread for "Shit that *used* to annoy you" - I'll put this here. Chromecast finally supports Amazon Prime Video. FFS, that took a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I was really good at dodgeball. Smacked a kid in the head, (you aim for the head), his head hit the corner of the red fire extinguisher box and he started bleeding. I’m pretty sure the game would’ve kept going if the period hadn’t ended.
    Personally I would aim for center of mass.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Personally I would aim for center of mass.
    Yup

We used to call that “Soak ‘em” or something like that, till the last kid standing, I remember the weird leather covered balls
    Yup. We "played" it too at my elementary in Seattle. Looking back at it now you can see what a mean f*cked up "game" it was but I suppose we all made it out alive. At least I think we did. What do I know, one of those kids (victim or perp) could have turned out to be a serial killer.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

i didn't break 100 pounds until 9th grade so avoiding the ball was important to survival

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yup. We "played" it too at my elementary in Seattle. Looking back at it now you can see what a mean f*cked up "game" it was but I suppose we all made it out alive. At least I think we did. What do I know, one of those kids (victim or perp) could have turned out to be a serial killer.

Soak em, and Smear the Queer.

The bully from my Elem school died from a herione OD at 19.
    Move upside and let the man go through...