Page 1014 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 ... LastLast
Results 25,326 to 25,350 of 46194
    He doesn’t like sand either. He might like it less. Not really the point. You don’t need to tell me how to resolve slippery sidewalks.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Even a nice session of broomball might get the point across with less equipment to deal with.
    When the kids were young we used to play a version we called deck ball--requires brooms, a volleyball, and a foot or two of fresh powder.

My stomach just made a noise just like the text alert in my phone. Apparently I am becoming one with my phone.

Stomach's full of spam, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Stomach's full of spam, eh?
    good one

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    point is he’s being a passive aggressive asshole who’s pissed
    his life partner is having strangers come over their house.
    So sand. In her vagina, is the problem. The old guy's not getting any. And he obviously is hoping the old lady breaks a hip, but it might be him who breaks it. Meantime, easy enough to put traction chains on the kids' shoes or boots, but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.
    Hear hear.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hear hear.
    Some of us just like to be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Some of us just like to be annoyed.
    And some of us just like to annoy people. I blame it on my dad. I found some of his grade school report cards and his teachers wrote that he enjoyed annoying the other kids. That was in the early 1940's, to put it in perspective.

My credit union replaced their perfectly functional, easy to use online portal with a shitty cartoonish one, and in the process deleted all of my Bill Pay payees. Pricks.

I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?
    https://youtu.be/kNz82r5nyUw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I probably participate in 3-4 per week on average. They rarely go poorly.
    focus.

We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.

I'm talking about a recorded webinar that I sat through that took 1 hour. No big deal, but took the speakers 7 minutes of me and everyone else's time, to get their shit on the right page to begin the seminar. Glad I skipped the original seminar, which was given during skiing hours, and I could have wasted time on from the chairlift, but didn't. But I'm pretty surprised that it wasn't immediately edited out.

Maybe my industry just hasn't yet evolved to the point of others, that is entirely likely. But for fucks sakes, we should at least be able to hire a few good AV nerds who can get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.
    Years ago I had a weekly meeting that had a serial pisser. Dude. Mute button. Use it. Best part ? We never heard him wash his hands. Nobody ever fessed up or figured out who it was.

The serial pisser at my last company would dribble all over the floor in front of the urinal. We'd had suspicions but only confirmed it was the boss right at the end, as he was the 4th last person to go when we shut down the company. The dribbling stopped immediately following his last day.

I've reached my saturation point: The use of the word 'build' as a noun. AR build. Computer build. Van build. Get off my lawn.

TSA. Fuckers went through my ski bag each way. When I grabbed it at baggage claim, it looked like they pulled everything out then just shoved it all back in randomly. What a fucking mess. I had to open it and repack it do I could continue on. It was all packed nice and neat you pricks, now put it back the same way you found it. Pricks! What a useless gvmnt entity.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    TSA. Fuckers went through my ski bag each way. When I grabbed it at baggage claim, it looked like they pulled everything out then just shoved it all back in randomly. What a fucking mess. I had to open it and repack it do I could continue on. It was all packed nice and neat you pricks, now put it back the same way you found it. Pricks! What a useless gvmnt entity.
    I couldn't agree more. They are some of the lowest IQ people that have employment I think. I have attempted to talk to them occassionally and I get the impression they really don't care, they're just going through the motions.
    I asked them once while they were swabbing my luggage out of Green Bay, Wisconsin (of all places to have a security threat)about the mass spectrometer they were using and what they were testing the swabs for and what peak they were trying to isolate, they didn't like me asking those questions and all the TSA agent told me is "you can't beat it". Whatever that means. So I quit asking questions after I noticed few more TSA agents gathering nearby.

They don't like smart people, just directing the sheep through the maze.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I've reached my saturation point: The use of the word 'build' as a noun. AR build. Computer build. Van build. Get off my lawn.
    "conversation" as used on the news regarding any controversial issue. "We need to have a national conversation about x." I think the average PBS News Hour show uses the word 10 times on average. I suppose it's better than "We need to attack each other with baseball bats." Marginally better.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    They are some of the lowest paid people that have employment I think.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    At least they leave us a nice little note. Thanks GWB!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

While we're on the subject, baggage handling. I just got my ski bag back with a broken wheel and another slit in the side (is there some guy with a box cutter just randomly slicing luggage? Third time) I try to buy rugged, but, I really don't want to go hard case on everything, but, I may have to.

Here you go Benny, this here is the bag for you......

https://douchebags.com/the-douchebag