Page 117 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 46281

Thread: Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    The music that plays when you try to look at the web cam on squawalpine.com
    +the fact that it's now squawalpine.com
    (I was looking at those cams today too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    women who leave their dresser drawers open all the time
    Only women do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    People who babble on and on, on their cell phone at an airport bar (or any bar), especially when there's a good game on.

The girl next to me, so far, has raved about:

- parrots

- living at home, and thereby saving money

- enjoying riding a bike from target ("there was nobody telling me what bike I should ride")

- free personal training sessions

- protein powder ("I didn't know it wasn't just for bodybuilders... I don't want to be a bodybuilder")

- acupuncture

- growing her hair longer

Ugh. There are fine places in the airport to have these conversations, but this isn't one of them.
    Still sounds more interesting than any professional sports game ever.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

spazathuntermtn still not getting laid.

Still more interesting than any professional sports game ever.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Adobe Creative Cloud.

Oh, you have CC? Here, let us reinstall EVERY SINGLE FUCKING APP a second time for CC2014. I thought this was supposed to make things easier. I have spent more time installing, uninstalling and troubleshooting problems online and over the phone in the last three weeks than my entire career using Adobe products daily. This is such a stinking POS way of doing it. I like some of the more constant feature updates, but in a production environment, I can't have these updates break things that have worked since day one... like today I just can't render in After Effects. epic.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

"Hands-free" faucets and soap dispensers that don't sense your hands and require you to wave them around to get water/soap going.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    "Hands-free" faucets and soap dispensers that don't sense your hands and require you to wave them around to get water/soap going.
    I hear you but we have a weird problem in our office. The faucets are like you describe, but the soap dispensers have a hair trigger. You end up pumping a dozen squirts down the side of the sink while washing your hands. Nothing you can do to stop it. Leaving a nice jizzy trail of soap down the side of every sink. Pisses me right the fuck off.

Speaking of pissing... our urinals are so designed that there is NO WAY to angle the piss stream to where it doesn't splatter back. I have to stand a foot away when I wear flipflops. Fascilities actually mops the floors twice during the working day because it's such a problem. One would think management of the building would find replacing them cheaper than paying a crew of people to go floor by floor just mopping up piss all day.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

People who wear flip flops in the office.

My office has same urinal design flaw. Combined with a "see every pee splatter" black tile floor.... terrific combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    . Combined with a "see every pee splatter"...
    I can hear Julia Andrews singing that for some reason.
    "Climb every mountain
    See every pee splatter
    Follow every rainbow
    'Til you find it doesn't matter...."

these situations might explain why the people with flipflops still have smelly feet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I can hear Julia Andrews singing that for some reason.
    "Climb every mountain
    See every pee splatter
    Follow every rainbow
    'Til you find it doesn't matter...."

these situations might explain why the people with flipflops still have smelly feet.
    http://andrewhammel.typepad.com/germ...ord_of__1.html
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

That guy should have done a little more research...

There's no word for this in English, so here the Germans have the clear linguistic advantage...I want hereby to start an official campaign to bring Ohrwurm into English. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just start telling your friends ", that new Danii Minogue single is such an earworm." When they ask you what an earworm is, tell them, and urge them to start using it in their normal conversation.
    - written in 2005

From Wikipedia:

The word earworm is a calque from the German Ohrwurm[5] and was, according to Oliver Sacks, first used in the 1980s.
    But yeah, earworms could probably fall into the category of shit that annoys you, too...

People who wear flip flops in the office.

My office has same urinal design flaw. Combined with a "see every pee splatter" black tile floor.... terrific combination.
    You're just saying that cause you lost the 'pedicures for a week' office bet to Captain Awesome.

When people who have nothing to do with a sports team other than being a fan use the pronoun "we" when talking about the team... "we played like shit" no. You sat on your couch and drank beer.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    When people who have nothing to do with a sports team other than being a fan use the pronoun "we" when talking about the team... "we played like shit" no. You sat on your couch and drank beer.
    What if it's your college, or you own stock in the Packers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    What if it's your college, or you own stock in the Packers?
    Maybe if you are actually attending the college at the time, or own a significant percentage of the team it would be ok...

Yelling "You are number 1!" at a ball game might get confusing.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    What if it's your college
    Alma Mater licence plate frames....

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Maybe if you are actually attending the college at the time, or own a significant percentage of the team it would be ok...
    I have one share. Is that enough?

No.

Alma Mater licence plate frames....
    I noticed that they were everywhere in Seattle...almost no one has them in NY

I though all the pretentious DBs were on the EC...very confusing
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

window decal, plate frame, and tail-light lens covers with Your Team's Logo, these things prove you're able to say We when Your Team does something, because being a "supporter" is meaningful to the blokes playing the game. that dude from Palimpsest, Iowa who plays nose tackle for Your Team, he worries constantly about whether the "supporters" will be behind him 115% come next game.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I noticed that they were everywhere in Seattle...almost no one has them in NY

I though all the pretentious DBs were on the EC...very confusing
    So if you're a pretentious douche for having some sort of collegiate emblem on your car, does having brand stickers make you a waste of life worthy of extermination? It sure should.

"Hang on, I already paid you for a product, now I'm going to help you advertise." What?!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    window decal, plate frame, and tail-light lens covers with Your Team's Logo, these things prove you're able to say We when Your Team does something, because being a "supporter" is meaningful to the blokes playing the game. that dude from Palimpsest, Iowa who plays nose tackle for Your Team, he worries constantly about whether the "supporters" will be behind him 115% come next game.
    Players really appreciate it if you combine all that myteam auto-paraphernalia with a set of the stick figure family stickers... inculcating the little ones proves it 's really your team

Players really appreciate it if you combine all that myteam auto-paraphernalia with a set of the stick figure family stickers... inculcating the little ones proves it 's really your team
    I like to think of the ever-expanding opportunities such decals bring, for example, if you support the Towhee Falls HS golf team, the stick figures' sticks could be golf clubs, golfers literally made from golf clubs, so deep, so meaningful, it's a Mark Rothko painting. take it further: the Calumny River HS hockey team decal could have stick-figures made from hockey sticks. it gets a little messy with lacrosse, works okay for fencing though.