Page 1131 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... LastLast
Results 28,251 to 28,275 of 46044
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Working from home today because I have to "volunteer" to set up for a sample sale. Volunteer is in quotes because this is for the kiddo's ski racing, and they make you pay an extra $300 if you don't get 3 volunteer credits.

AND... They just called and cancelled my volunteer shift (due to start in 2 hours) because of weather. And I expect them to say "sorry, no volunteer credit for you", even though I blocked out this time to volunteer. Very annoying.
    Back when my kids did summer swim team, there was a similar volunteer deal. Six credits per family. Or pay.

Shit that annoys you

My kids’ school requires 40 hours of volunteer time from each parent per year. 50 bucks an hour for any you don’t complete. Oh, and the Catholic Church tithing shakedown to retain “parish tuition” rates. That’s some shit that annoys me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    As far as I’m concerned you fulfilled your volunteer hours.
    Yeah, I already asked if I get credit since I stayed home today to volunteer. No response yet.

Unfortunately, the 4 hour shift was only going to net me 1/2 credit. So we'd still have 2 1/2 more to go.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    My kids’ school requires 40 hours of volunteer time from each parent per year. 50 bucks an hour for any you don’t complete. Oh, and the Catholic Church tithing shakedown to retain “parish tuition” rates. That’s some shit that annoys me.
    Dude... the Catholic Church ain't gonna molest itself. That shit takes MONEY!

Shit that annoys you

I shit you not, the following is a real story.

Brother asked me to be his kid’s godfather. The stupid church requires a bunch of hoop jumping. Approached our school parish and was told the priest needs to sign some form. But in order for him to sign it, I had to take some classes on a Saturday afternoon. Ok, that blows but whatever.

Took the classes and asked for the form back. Nope, priest wants to chat. I pop in to see what the hold up is. Priest tells me he doesn’t see me at Church. I told him it’s because I don’t go and that I think the school provides a good education for my kids but I’m not especially religious (completely not but was hedging). He then impugns my ability to be a god parent with a bunch of churchy word salad. I stay calm and eventually ask for the form. At which time he tells me that I need to tithe. Through some blatant unjust inducement mechanism, I already give these guys an extra c note a month as a “parish member” so that my tuition doesn’t go up $300 bucks a month. Straight tax free extortion.

I tell him I do tithe. Get this - dude tells me with a straight face that I must not know what tithe means as I’m not giving 10 percent of my income.

I wrote a letter to the archdiocese and eventually got my form filled out.

Brother asked me to be his kid’s godfather. The stupid church requires a bunch of hoop jumping. Approached our school parish and was told the priest needs to sign some form. But in order for him to sign it, I had to take some classes on a Saturday afternoon. Ok, that blows but whatever.

Took the classes and asked for the form back. Nope, priest wants to chat. I pop in to see what the hold up is. Priest tells me he doesn’t see me at Church. I told him it’s because I don’t go and that I think the school provides a good education for my kids but I’m not especially religious (completely not but was hedging). He then impugns my ability to be a god parent with a bunch of churchy word salad. I stay calm and eventually ask for the form. At which time he tells me that I need to tithe. Through some blatant unjust inducement mechanism, I already give these guys an extra c note a month as a “parish member” so that my tuition doesn’t go up $300 bucks a month. Straight tax free extortion.

I tell him I do tithe. Get this - dude tells me with a straight face that I must not know what tithe means as I’m not giving 10 percent of my income.

jesus fuck I hope your kid is getting a goddam gold plated education, because that's some bullshit right there.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I would have told him that extortion was a sin, and asked him if he had repented yet.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

jesus fuck I hope your kid is getting a goddam gold plated education, because that's some bullshit right there.
    There's no such thing as a good education from a Catholic school, unless you're talking about your kids becoming proficient at fending off unwanted sexual advances.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    There's no such thing as a good education from a Catholic school, unless you're talking about your kids becoming proficient at fending off unwanted sexual advances.
    Yeah, that's probably completely accurate.

Where do your kids go again?
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm 30 years old, and our planet is fucked. It would be cruel and irresponsible and selfish to bring children into this world. I have no sympathy for breeders, nor desire to join their (regrettably numerous) ranks.

I'm 30 years old, and our planet is fucked. It would be cruel and irresponsible and selfish to bring children into this world. I have no sympathy for breeders.
    Geez man, what do you say to them in public?

Assuming they're not already castigated for wearing shorts that is.
    I still call it The Jake.

There is no WAY the education is worth that horseshit. NO WAY.

Actually a great STEM school despite the shakedown aspect.

But I’ll reevaluate now that glade has graced us with another one of his well formulated brain baubles.

Actually a great STEM school despite the shakedown aspect.
    There's a certain hilarious irony there.

" you need to tithe" is code for meet me at the rest area just outside of town and I'll sign your form AFTER you be my huckleberry. Also if you're a real catholic the guilt would have caused you to roll and tithe on the spot for all the past shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There's a certain hilarious irony there.
    They spend the mornings in science class and the afternoons denying it exists.

They spend the mornings in science class and the afternoons denying it exists.
    Teaching astronomy must be awkward.

I'm 30 years old, and our planet is fucked. It would be cruel and irresponsible and selfish to bring children into this world. I have no sympathy for breeders, nor desire to join their (regrettably numerous) ranks.
    You just might be the funniest poster on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Teaching astronomy must be awkward.
    A bit. But I don't think they expect the Spanish Inquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sounds expensive to be a good Christian. I wonder what he would have said if you told him “just because it’s too late for me, does that mean it should be for my young nephew?”

Brother asked me to be his kid’s godfather.
    1) How was this not its own thread long ago?

2) You aren’t that close to any black people in Seattle.

I have four god damn god kids.

I have four god damn god kids.
    What Jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This thread delivers the best.

Christmas lights. I have neighbors putting up orange and purple ones (and others putting up all colors) along with their Halloween decorations. When did this become a thing?? You know those assholes aren't taking them down when they put the decorations away.