Page 1052 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 ... LastLast
Results 26,276 to 26,300 of 46219
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That's not a grammar error, just hilarious ignorance in its purest form. Reminds me of the time we got an invite to one of AC's 2nd cousin's wedding. Now, for context, these people live in Provo and think it's the greatest place on Earth. The invite said that the ceremony would be followed by a "lunch-in." Bless their little hearts.
    My wife showed me a newspaper article recently where the captain of a boat referred to the "star bird" side.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Not annoying - delightfully uplifting!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I take issue with the answer about quotes. If the sentence is a quotation the period goes inside the quotes, but if the quotes are scare quotes or around the title of a book or movie the period goes after the quotes. At least that is what I was taught. (I just looked it up; apparently I was taught the British way.) In any case, there are two kinds of grammar issues. A lot of grammar issues are issues of style rather than substance--the quotes/period issue being an example, or whether to use a comma before the "and" before the last item of a series. How you do it doesn't affect the meaning. Other issues do effect the meaning. (I should have written "affect", since I meant alter or modify the meaning. To effect something--where "effect" is a verb, means to make something happen.) To me the most important thing is that the meaning of a sentence is clear and the sentence is not overly complex or convoluted in an effort to follow some rule of grammar.

Whenever I go to the bathroom to take a shit and read some tgr, as soon as I sit down and start pushing, the fucking cleaning guy comes in and starts cleaning toilets. Wtf.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Whenever I go to the bathroom to take a shit and read some tgr, as soon as I sit down and start pushing, the fucking cleaning guy comes in and starts cleaning toilets. Wtf.

sent from Utah.
    Don't push. You'll hurt yourself.

Whenever I go to the bathroom to take a shit and read some tgr, as soon as I sit down and start pushing
    You're taking "shit that annoys you" too literally.

sent from Utah.
    3rd floor?

But of course ...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

So, this annoys me. I'm just going through a project we submitted on for a roof on a university building. The architect specified an EPDM roof in black. They also required that we submit information that shows it meets a minimum solar reflectivity that meets LEED requirements. Ummmm...... Don't specify a black roof if you want it to reflect solar radiation, you nimrods. I have no idea where these guys got their education but, even as a very little kid, I knew that black absorbs radiation, not reflects it. That's what white is for, you ninny.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You're taking "shit that annoys you" too literally.
    In that vein, people around here seem to love taking their dogs to public parks but can't be bothered to pick up said dogs' shit. Good luck kicking a soccer ball around or throwing a frisbee without finding a land mine. Assholes.

sent from Utah.
    Well at least you have a cleaning guy. We have a cleaning lady and she always seems to come by when I'm taking a relaxing dumperelle. Knocks and says Anybody in here? Yes. Then i gotta hurry up and bail and she's waiting outside with this f'ing look on her face like she caught me with my hand in the cookie jar. Just leave and come back in 20 for crap sake.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    <snip> That's what white is for, you ninny.
    With glitter??

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Just leave and come back in 20 for crap sake.
    I see what you did there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In that vein, people around here seem to love taking their dogs to public parks but can't be bothered to pick up said dogs' shit. Good luck kicking a soccer ball around or throwing a frisbee without finding a land mine. Assholes.
    I have nightmares about stepping in shit so I also hate these people
    I love removing my shoes at golf courses. have to do it stealthy but having no potential for unadulterated bare foot walking in grass is divine
    skid luxury

Automated phone systems that have a million long-winded menu options (which have recently changed, of course) so you end up zoning out and then have to listen to them again. Then, despite being so detailed and drilling through to several further menus you still can't find the option that you need and inevitably have to speak to a representative.

I'd rather have the cleaning guy come in and clean than have someone else come in and unleash hell in the adjacent stall. I hate taking dumps at work. We have a tech-bro company next door and its like they take numbers all day on whose turn it is to go next. Basically all college age kids who still live at home and don't clean up after themselves. Bathroom counter always covered in water and paper towels all over the floor because they can't seem to get them in the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I have nightmares about stepping in shit so I also hate these people
    I love removing my shoes at golf courses. have to do it stealthy but having no potential for unadulterated bare foot walking in grass is divine
    You can take the Gurl out of Barre but you can't Barre out of the Gurl. I dig your style.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Automated phone systems that have a million long-winded menu options (which have recently changed, of course) so you end up zoning out and then have to listen to them again. Then, despite being so detailed and drilling through to several further menus you still can't find the option that you need and inevitably have to speak to a representative.

I'd rather have the cleaning guy come in and clean than have someone else come in and unleash hell in the adjacent stall. I hate taking dumps at work. We have a tech-bro company next door and its like they take numbers all day on whose turn it is to go next. Basically all college age kids who still live at home and don't clean up after themselves. Bathroom counter always covered in water and paper towels all over the floor because they can't seem to get them in the garbage can.
    True. Dirty bathrooms are gross. Ours are impeccable because nobody ever has time to take a shit. I was at another location for the same company a few days a couple months ago, and thiers we're not clean. It was gross.
    Still, a couple mins in peace to take care of business would be nice.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

I usually start yelling "Representative! Representative!" as soon as the menu starts. It usually works.
    Speaking of which--fuck Suddenlink. It shouldn't take 6 weeks to get an appointment to rehang a cable that dropped last winter and which is lying across my neighbor's stairs. OTOH, maybe if the neighbor didn't have a steel roof that unloads on my yard they wouldn't have to step over the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    With glitter??
    Optional upcharge. Hell, they can have anything they want...it just takes money. They just can't have a black 'cool roof'. It doesn't work that way.

Torn/separated rib cartilage and the exercises it limits me to(running). I hate running.

^^^from a rib is way past inconvenient - from the sternum is the worst
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    ^^^from the sternum is the worst
    absolutely brutal. mine took years to become pain-free

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You can take the Gurl out of Barre but you can't Barre out of the Gurl. I dig your style.
    ha! funny thing is that I have 2 other friends from Barre that live here in Jackson too
    but I believe my poop fear stems more from collegiate days in burlington

ugh the sh*t that annoys me today is that summer finally arrived the past week but now snow and lows of 25 degrees are forecasted for this weekend
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    ha! funny thing is that I have 2 other friends from Barre that live here in Jackson too
    but I believe my poop fear stems more from collegiate days in burlington

ugh the sh*t that annoys me today is that summer finally arrived the past week but now snow and lows of 25 degrees are forecasted for this weekend
    You think Burlington is/was bad? So I grew up in Williston and spent a lot of time in Burlington. And thought it was bad in that regard. Then I visited Amsterdam in HS . The real one. In the Netherlands. On a grey day in early March, 1987. The place was covered in dog shit. It was depressing. A few hours spent in a coffee shop helped improve my mood. 8) I got a kick out of watching from a haze filled room as the cops gave out parking tickets. I can't remember the name of the coffee shop. I think we were across the street from the Pink Panther. I remember one called the Fancy Free. Not sure if I was inside looking out or outside looking in. It was that good. What were we talking about? Oh, right Barre. I just dig that you like to take off your shoes.

I must admit,that really bugs me. That practice just gives non dog lovers ammo to bitch and restrict access to my dogs, who I happily pick up after. I mean come on, who likes to step in dog shit? Fucking pick it up or don't have a dog you assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.