Page 623 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 46281
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Maple syrup for me. Especially the cheap shit like Aunt Jemica...jumbalaya...that negro lady. As a kid, that stuff would sicken me and I'd puke evwrywhere. Just butter on my pancakes, now.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Real maple syrup, from VT of course, is the bomb. Fake "maple" syrup smells like dried urine. That shit be nasty.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

it really depends on the ketchup. i can see why people would get turned off after seeing crusty heinz bottles on the burger joint table all their lives. it's disgusting. but a good catsup is quite tasty. i prefer it to mustard (though i love deli mustard on sandwiches) and mayo for burgers, dogs and fries, though i use them all.

hard not to like real maple syrup. fake or mass produced is just nasty sugar sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Barf.
    TIL gravy and potatoes make people queasy.

I love it when they are heavy cut fries, still too hot to eat, pour a cup of gravy over top, in a few minutes it's all soaked in...sooooo good

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    TIL gravy and potatoes make people queasy.

I love it when they are heavy cut fries, still too hot to eat, pour a cup of gravy over top, in a few minutes it's all soaked in...sooooo good
    Gravy and mashed is different for some reason. And if you are going to turn finger food into something you have to eat with a knife and fork, make it chili cheese fries.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Imitation maple flavor in corn syrup. Nasty.

Real maple syrup, from VT of course, is the bomb. Fake "maple" syrup smells like dried urine. That shit be nasty.
    I'll use Vermont or Eh? maple syrup for cooking, but I am forever unable to put it on pancakes or waffles. The scars run deep.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

People that turn fog lights on when visibility is clear and they're driving more than 30 mph.

You fucksticks know who you are. Fog lights are for use when visibility is poor. If you're driving more than 30 mph you're driving beyond the reach of the fog light beam and it greatly increases glare for incoming traffic.

Unless you're driving 30 mph or slower on an interstate or any highway fog lights are not a benefit.

Fucking inconsiderate ignorant fucks.

Considering that every other vehicle around here drives around with 2 light bars and some aftermarket ditch lights on regardless of oncoming traffic, I pump as much light as I can right back at the assholes. How about some enforcement for using truly illegal lights on road first? I had someone follow me home 2 nights ago, and the entire 22 mile drive, he had a rooftop mounted light bar, his normal headlights, a grill mounted light bar, and 2 Hella fogs blazing. Ya'll can keep this arid, overrated shithole of a state.

I'd have pulled off and let that guy pass then turn all on following him. We're on a 22 hr road trip to NY and have a CB and heard a trucker berating another for having a light bar on his tractor last night.

Excessive lights contribute greatly to glare and driver fatigue increasing the risk of crashes.

Enforcement would be great. Just like with other issues, enforcing existing laws would go a long way towards reducing deaths and injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    it really depends on the ketchup. i can see why people would get turned off after seeing crusty heinz bottles on the burger joint table all their lives. it's disgusting. but a good catsup is quite tasty. i prefer it to mustard (though i love deli mustard on sandwiches) and mayo for burgers, dogs and fries, though i use them all.
    It's annoying that my favorite restaurant (Donner Lake Kitchen) always has the ketchup bottle super full so it's hard to get the ketchup out.

The best thing on fries is mayo the way they do it in Belgium. I think you have to use real, home made mayo though, because when I do it with the lite mayo I have at home it isn't the same.
    hard not to like real maple syrup. fake or mass produced is just nasty sugar sauce.
    Friend of mine has 40 maples on his land in northern ohio. He made a bunch of maple syrup last year--the steam from boiling it down peeled the tape off the sheetrock. I bet that was annoying. It was good stuff though, although a little thin, since he stopped boiling when he noticed the tape peeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    People that turn fog lights on when visibility is clear and they're driving more than 30 mph.

You fucksticks know who you are. Fog lights are for use when visibility is poor. If you're driving more than 30 mph you're driving beyond the reach of the fog light beam and it greatly increases glare for incoming traffic.

Unless you're driving 30 mph or slower on an interstate or any highway fog lights are not a benefit.

I've found fog lights to be fairly useless for fog--maybe mine aren't aimed right -- but I use them a lot in the winter when the lines are scraped off by the plows. Helps see where the road is. They're starting to put sunken center lines in around truckee but I don't think they're doing it on I80, which is the biggest problem. Should have been done when they rebuilt it.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    this reminds me of poster galibier who once spoke the ultimate truism

If the toast falls and lands butter side up, it's because you buttered the wrong side
    That's an old Yiddish joke about the mythical town of Chelm (not the real town of Chelm in Poland) inhabited by fools. When a piece of toast landed butter side up the rabbis of the town convened and after months of deliberation came up with that explanation. If you like the joke there's a whole book of them https://www.amazon.com/Fools-Chelm-T...fools+of+chelm

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

Didn't know that, and I'll bet a lot of those inconsiderate fucks don't either

Anything worse than meatheads at the gym grunting when lifting?

Gravy and mashed is different for some reason. And if you are going to turn finger food into something you have to eat with a knife and fork, make it GREEN chili cheese fries.
    FIFY
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

You people know CL started a perfectly good condiment thread, right?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Considering that every other vehicle around here drives around with 2 light bars and some aftermarket ditch lights on regardless of oncoming traffic, I pump as much light as I can right back at the assholes. How about some enforcement for using truly illegal lights on road first? I had someone follow me home 2 nights ago, and the entire 22 mile drive, he had a rooftop mounted light bar, his normal headlights, a grill mounted light bar, and 2 Hella fogs blazing. Ya'll can keep this arid, overrated shithole of a state.
    Stupid people are stupid, and police should be more diligent about ticketing assholes who do this.

More confusing to me is that there's no standard for headlights. Sure DMV may dictate headlight height from the road, but there is nothing to check that beams are aimed correctly and that shitheads aren't putting HID bulbs in their stock housings, etc. Could be accomplished with a simple wall test from 'x' distance back.. beams fall outside predetermined area and you fail.

Eating a beautiful dinner at Waffle House last night...

Some little fucker put this on the juke box as he left.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

And the problem?

Make up yer mind! What's it gonna be - catsup or ketchup?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

There’s a lot of good stuff in this post, allow me to commiserate

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ght=Don+McLean

And the problem?
    No idea. A really good arrangement, improved S&G's version. Makes it real.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Make up yer mind! What's it gonna be - catsup or ketchup?
    hee hee. wondered if anybody would sat something. i originally wrote catsup but when i wrote about the heinz bottle on the table in my head that's how they spell it. and then since i wrote catsup first, i felt i should include it as well.

I do t watch the Simpsons but I do remember they locked up Mr Burns in the looney bin for his catsup-ketchup problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I was raised catsup but later transitioned to ketchup.
    Don't care how you spell it. Just as long as it has less sugar, no HFC, and moar vinegar.