Page 1316 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... LastLast
Results 32,876 to 32,900 of 46194
    Know what’s annoying? I sprayed nikwax on my gloves last week. Apparently some got on the hardwood floor. I’ve looked like Bambi out there sliding around. And all I’ve done is spread it around. It’s going to break something, either my bones or me grabbing onto something.
    Decisions Decisions

TGR Forums,

504 Gateway timeouts.

I have been running into this a couple times a weel Is it just me?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Know what’s annoying? I sprayed nikwax on my gloves last week. Apparently some got on the hardwood floor. I’ve looked like Bambi out there sliding around. And all I’ve done is spread it around. It’s going to break something, either my bones or me grabbing onto something.
    I was doing a lung case and some idiot (might have been me) sprayed the bronchoscope with silicone just inside the door. Everyone who came in the room that case slipped, although no one hit the floor thank dog.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Fucking eBay.
    They changed their payment format. They are not using PayPal anymore. So now, you have to ship the item BEFORE the money is actually in your account. This is kinda fucked up.
    Indeed. And to top it off, they had "system errors" when forcing me to make the transition. Been working with their customer service for weeks now for pending payments. eBay literally owes me thousands. To top it off, they used to have great customer service. Could call them and was easy to get through. Their call service was down for days a couple weeks back and when you signed up for a call, it would take about 8 hours to get a call back. Never had all this trouble getting paid during the PayPal days. They also WAY overcharged me for fees on these last couple sales. WTF eBay? You're right. Definitely annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Indeed. And to top it off, they had "system errors" when forcing me to make the transition. Been working with their customer service for weeks now for pending payments. eBay literally owes me thousands. To top it off, they used to have great customer service. Could call them and was easy to get through. Their call service was down for days a couple weeks back and when you signed up for a call, it would take about 8 hours to get a call back. Never had all this trouble getting paid during the PayPal days. They also WAY overcharged me for fees on these last couple sales. WTF eBay? You're right. Definitely annoying.

I have not been buying much online of late so I did not notice. This is strange. PayPal and EBAY kinda started the whole thing together.
    In the meantime I notice many online retailers have a paypal option for payment that was not available in the past.

Paypal gains wider acceptance as a payment method. (Any easy one)

EBAY breaks relationship? or the other way around?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I thought ebay owned paypal?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I have not been buying much online of late so I did not notice. This is strange. PayPal and EBAY kinda started the whole thing together.
    In the meantime I notice many online retailers have a paypal option for payment that was not available in the past.

Paypal gains wider acceptance as a payment method. (Any easy one)

EBAY breaks relationship? or the other way around?
    It mostly effected those of who are sellers, although I did have one buyer who told me that eBay's payment system was giving him trouble. Took him a couple days to get it sorted out with them.

When I finally got a hold of customer service and asked them why they stopped using PayPal. Agent told me their contract with them ended and wouldn't be using them for paying sellers any more. Well, apparently eBay sucks at doing PayPal's job. Definitely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I thought ebay owned paypal?
    Paypal = How Elon Musk became a millionaire.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pretty sure selling a software company to Compaq made him a millionaire. Selling PayPal made him a billionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Didnt his money from dad already make him a millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Didnt his money from dad already make him a millionaire?
    But when he turned that 2 million into 1 million, he earned it!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Pretty sure selling a software company to Compaq made him a millionaire. Selling PayPal made him a billionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Moreover, he presented it as if it was the answer to me question, which it is not.

Ebay did own Paypal (after Musk, btw), but spun it off back into its own company a few years back.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I got pulled over again Sunday night.

Driving out of our small town after dinner, heading home which is only 4 miles or so, a car starts following me sorta close. There's only him and me around, I go my usual, "back" way, 'cuz I like the curves.
    Getting towards the curves Mrs. Plug and I faintly hear a siren, I roll the window partly down, (it's 10 degrees), and it's kinda echoing around the valley, and Mrs. Plug says: "I hope it's not our house", meaning it sounds like fire truck sirens. It's snowing so here's the usual swirl of snow behind the car.

At the curvy section I don't slow down, and the car behind me cuts the corners so bad he's driving completely on the wrong side of the road. I'm used to people kinda doing this because drivers suck, but this is wacko bad driving. I keep looking in the rearview, (like WTF?), Mrs. Plug starts doing it, and there's no lights just the weird echoing siren. We discuss pulling over, but there's no lights, and why get shot by a looney redneck who's pissed at me for something?

I continue and make the left onto the road into our area, and he makes the turn too, so I stop, now wondering what's this a-hole's problem. I roll down the window and now I see it's a cop, he's got lights blaring at my window, (and it turns out a gun pointed at me), and he yells to show my hands out the window. I do, then he yells to shut the car off and throw the keys out the window. I can't do this with my hands out the window so I, say "How do you want me to do that?" He yells confusing instructions about which hand, etc. I slowly dig the key out of my pocket and fling it out. He then tells me to slowly get out of the car, and face away from him, etc. He now starts lots of yelling about why I didn't pull over. I told him there were no flashing lights. He says "You couldn't see my lights?" He now says to walk slowly backwards towards the sound of his voice. (He then hand cuffed me.) I'm kinda scared to turn around but I turn slowly and motion w/ my head at his car which has no flashing lights. He says, "You couldn't see the BACK lights?" "No." Mrs. Plug starts yelling this too.

I'm thinking this is a little excessive for not pulling over right away, but whatever.

My wife starts to climb over to the driver's side and starts filming, now he's yelling at her to get back in the car, etc. He says I was speeding, doing 40 coming out of town, I say I was definitely not speeding. (He's yelling everything, completely jacked up, BTW.)

Now he wants my drivers license. I tell him it's with my phone. He yells, "It's with your phone?" yes, I say, I only carry my phone, license and credit card in a case. "Which pocket?", as he starts wacking me looking for a pocket. I'm saying "Higher, higher", (as it's in my chest pocket). More yelling about speeding and not pulling over, and me explaining there were no lights, the siren was weak, I wasn't speeding...
    He starts to calm down, I ask to put on a mask, he asks for my registration, I awkwardly motion with my hand-cuffs as if to say "How?"

So, after a lot more of this back-and-forth... it turns out there was an APB of some sort for a sedan and we loosely met the description. This info was from the 2 other cops now standing next to my car who were called in for back-up. These guys are all smiles and say that sometimes their lights don't work, and we met the description of the car they were looking for, "A new BMW?", I say? "Well, a sedan."
    Cop comes back w/ my registration and license, and starts w/ the: "It was all a giant misunderstanding, etc." He then says if I want to file a complaint...

I drive the 1/2 mile up to my house and I am an adrenaline buzzed mess. Dude did not know he didn't flip the lights on probably. If I was black, would I be dead?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'd follow through with the complaint

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    If I was black, would I be dead?
    Distinct possibility, IMO. Almost certainly a lot more traumatic than your experience, in any case. (Doesn't that just blow your mind.)

What always kills me is; Supposedly these guys are trained to handle stressful situations, specifically. And if this is the best they can do, in an event that seems entirely likely to happen - where modest screw-ups occur, how will they handle stuff when it all really does go sideways?

It feels like they've convinced themselves they are likely to die all the time, and are high on meth and red-bull in anticipation. And then provoke a ton of situations that should be a little tense, followed by "Oh, glad we've got that sorted!" kind of situations into showdown death-matches. (And it's not the cops in real danger of dying.)

Roofers, farmers, the guys who pick up your recycling all have rates of death while working far exceeding that of police. But I don't see the guys who pick up my recycling each week jumping around like they are about to die, all the time. (See: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ca/1002500001/ - police are just about middling or less than the middle of the 25 most dangerous jobs. Logging and fishing are VASTLY more dangerous - like 6x+ more dangerous.)

I get that being a policeman is a hard job. But if you want to do that job, you gotta simply be ready to do *that* hard job. And like any job, if you're horrible at your job, please go get another one. You, and everyone you interact with at work, will be a lot happier for it.

I got pulled over again Sunday night.

Driving out of our small town after dinner, heading home which is only 4 miles or so, a car starts following me sorta close. There's only him and me around, I go my usual, "back" way, 'cuz I like the curves.
    Getting towards the curves Mrs. Plug and I faintly hear a siren, I roll the window partly down, (it's 10 degrees), and it's kinda echoing around the valley, and Mrs. Plug says: "I hope it's not our house", meaning it sounds like fire truck sirens. It's snowing so here's the usual swirl of snow behind the car.

At the curvy section I don't slow down, and the car behind me cuts the corners so bad he's driving completely on the wrong side of the road. I'm used to people kinda doing this because drivers suck, but this is wacko bad driving. I keep looking in the rearview, (like WTF?), Mrs. Plug starts doing it, and there's no lights just the weird echoing siren. We discuss pulling over, but there's no lights, and why get shot by a looney redneck who's pissed at me for something?

I continue and make the left onto the road into our area, and he makes the turn too, so I stop, now wondering what's this a-hole's problem. I roll down the window and now I see it's a cop, he's got lights blaring at my window, (and it turns out a gun pointed at me), and he yells to show my hands out the window. I do, then he yells to shut the car off and throw the keys out the window. I can't do this with my hands out the window so I, say "How do you want me to do that?" He yells confusing instructions about which hand, etc. I slowly dig the key out of my pocket and fling it out. He then tells me to slowly get out of the car, and face away from him, etc. He now starts lots of yelling about why I didn't pull over. I told him there were no flashing lights. He says "You couldn't see my lights?" He now says to walk slowly backwards towards the sound of his voice. (He then hand cuffed me.) I'm kinda scared to turn around but I turn slowly and motion w/ my head at his car which has no flashing lights. He says, "You couldn't see the BACK lights?" "No." Mrs. Plug starts yelling this too.

I'm thinking this is a little excessive for not pulling over right away, but whatever.

My wife starts to climb over to the driver's side and starts filming, now he's yelling at her to get back in the car, etc. He says I was speeding, doing 40 coming out of town, I say I was definitely not speeding. (He's yelling everything, completely jacked up, BTW.)

Now he wants my drivers license. I tell him it's with my phone. He yells, "It's with your phone?" yes, I say, I only carry my phone, license and credit card in a case. "Which pocket?", as he starts wacking me looking for a pocket. I'm saying "Higher, higher", (as it's in my chest pocket). More yelling about speeding and not pulling over, and me explaining there were no lights, the siren was weak, I wasn't speeding...
    He starts to calm down, I ask to put on a mask, he asks for my registration, I awkwardly motion with my hand-cuffs as if to say "How?"

So, after a lot more of this back-and-forth... it turns out there was an APB of some sort for a sedan and we loosely met the description. This info was from the 2 other cops now standing next to my car who were called in for back-up. These guys are all smiles and say that sometimes their lights don't work, and we met the description of the car they were looking for, "A new BMW?", I say? "Well, a sedan."
    Cop comes back w/ my registration and license, and starts w/ the: "It was all a giant misunderstanding, etc." He then says if I want to file a complaint...

I drive the 1/2 mile up to my house and I am an adrenaline buzzed mess. Dude did not know he didn't flip the lights on probably. If I was black, would I be dead?
    Yeah, that’s annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I'd follow through with the complaint
    +1^n

I think she wants me to be annoyed that I'm eating the dinner I prepared alone, but besides her obvious fuckery tonight I'm quite enjoying the relaxed atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I think she wants me to be annoyed that I'm eating the dinner I prepared alone, but besides her obvious fuckery tonight I'm quite enjoying the relaxed atmosphere.
    I think you are in the wrong thread.

Yeah the old brain isn't working as well as it used to (age x fatigue x rage), I meant to infer I'm annoyed with how she just disassociates from any realities of responsibility or equity within a relationship. I'm done with being taken advantage of.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Yeah the old brain isn't working as well as it used to (age x fatigue x rage), I meant to infer I'm annoyed with how she just disassociates from any realities of responsibility or equity within a relationship. I'm done with being taken advantage of.

That's all.
    We have a thread for that.

I think there’s a couple threads that could go in
    Decisions Decisions

Definitely not as annoying as Plugboots' latest experience, but I hate the fact that the old intellicast radar (now on wunderground) stops updating just before midnight UTC...

https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/rno
    https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/bgm
    https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/pvu
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

How old was the cop? I think if he seemed like a rookie I'd cut him some slack. Otherwise file the complaint.

If you have a job where they give you a gun and can shoot someone with no repercussions you get no slack. File the complaint.

Yep.