Page 1394 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... LastLast
Results 34,826 to 34,850 of 46052
    On one hand: may pay less through insurance.
    On the other hand: you have deal with insurance adversaries, fuck ups and general evilness.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    ...and general evilness.
    General? GENERAL?!?!?
    IMO, insurance companies make Josef Mengele look like a total hack.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    General? GENERAL?!?!?
    IMO, insurance companies make Josef Mengele look like a total hack.
    Haha. How about THIS asshattery?"

Biggest health insurer plans to deny ER bills if it doubts you had an emergency
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...-an-emergency/

And you know how you fix this? Elect representatives that support universal healthcare. Make it the top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And you know how you fix this? Elect representatives that support universal healthcare. Make it the top priority.
    HA!... HA!... HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/blu...&id=D000000109
    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/blu...als-affiliates
    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/blu...?id=D000000109

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    These things can vary widely between providers and insurance co's so it is somewhat dangerous to generalize. In my network cash discounts are usually 20-25%, while negotiated rates are usually discounted 40-60% off the list price. Most people, most of the time, are going to pay more by not going through insurance.

if youre paying cash why does it matter if its in or out on network?
    ive always been quoted less for paying cash
    i just changed pt offices because of the place my insurance company sent me to. i like an independent place better, plus their inflated insurance billing rate is half of what the in network scammers are charging

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    ...But, all that said - I'm in a kind of weird insurance situation myself. One where the negotiated rates are quite poor - at least in every case I have checked. It's usually cheaper to nego the "cash" rate than to gamble on the negotiated rate. (Sometimes, WAY cheaper.)
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    ive always been quoted less for paying cash
    i just changed pt offices because of the place my insurance company sent me to. i like an independent place better, plus their inflated insurance billing rate is half of what the in network scammers are charging
    See, Dan/Skared/Zion? I'm not the only one here who has witnessed such things. As with many things, YMMV. It's just been my personal experience that I've (typically) received better prices with a distinct lack of BS when paying cash.

Hospital restrooms with motion activated sinks in patient care areas. Why In The Fuck would they use these in patient care areas that need clean hands? Why not pedal activated sinks?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Hospital restrooms with motion activated sinks in patient care areas. Why In The Fuck would they use these in patient care areas that need clean hands? Why not pedal activated sinks?
    Because then it'd discriminate against people in wheelchairs?

Go through insurance to get the discount.

Then wait.

When collections calls you, negotiate for pennies on the dollar. It’s a game.

Universal health care is needed.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    How does waiving your hand in front of a sensor affect clean hands?

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    How does waiving your hand in front of a sensor affect clean hands?
    Usually not enough water flows out of these kinds of faucets when they turn on briefly to adequately remove soap or other residues. Yes, I know, gloves, but clean hands start the process prior to gloving.

I trim my eyebrows a little with a beard trimmer. Today I somehow fucked the guard up and pretty much shaved off one of my eyebrows. Ha
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I trim my eyebrows a little with a beard trimmer. Today I somehow fucked the guard up and pretty much shaved off one of my eyebrows. Ha
    pics or gtfo
    Last edited by ntblanks; 07-29-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Ha indeed; by eyebrows you mean scrotum, right?

That awkward moment when your buddy who borrowed your beard trimmer returns it and he still has an untrimmed beard.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That awkward moment when your buddy who borrowed your beard trimmer returns it and he still has an untrimmed beard.
    "Keep it."

One of the first thing they teach you in the ER is never shave off eyebrows to suture a laceration. They don't grow back.

Oh, they grow back

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Oh, they grow back
    Name:  sddefault.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  43.0 KB

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One of the first thing they teach you in the ER is never shave off eyebrows to suture a laceration. They don't grow back.
    They do eventually grow back, but it takes forever. We had a bit of a forehead depilation war among friends in my teens, culminating in one of our female friends wearing a bucket hat for six months.

Which reminds me: people shaving off your eyebrow when you're sleeping. Super annoying.

^ so this was raging in my late teen years. The big thing was when you passed out you got shaved. Just part of the game. When you saw long pants on the small beach we all went to in August (deep south) you knew. So fast forward to us startin gettin married. My now wife of 30+ years and I are on a fairly early date to Dwayne and Anne's wedding. Then girlfriend leans over whispers to me during the service "that's so sweet, she keeps touching his face." Massive bender the night before, Dwayne passed out, so of course he's as hairless as a 10 year old the next morning for his carribean honeymoon when we get done with him. They had mascaraed in eyebrows to attempt wedding pictures. It was July in Atlanta and he was sweating and the mascara was runnin during the service.

We all got nasty calls from Anne and her family two weeks later. Apparently they didn't see the humor in it.
    "Can't you see..."

That’s fucked up. We just drew dicks on people’s faces with permanent marker. Got a buddy we still call Dick Face George because he spent a good portion of the following day walking around not realizing his face was covered with dicks.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    That’s fucked up. We just drew dicks on people’s faces with permanent marker. Got a buddy we still call Dick Face George because he spent a good portion of the following day walking around not realizing his face was covered with dicks.
    My buddy Bill got dick-tagged with a Magnum 44 marker that went up his back from crack to collar. He didn't know about it for two days until his mom saw it; she had to scrub it off.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not true. Going through insurance has ALWAYS fkd me on bills in the past. They absolutely freaking jack up the bill. Upon making an appt, I have literally been told by multiple doctors offices what self-pay costs would be versus insurance, and it was always cheaper. Again, I'm talking for a routine exam or something. Nothing fancy. One receptionist told me they prefer cash pay because it costs so much for administration costs to process insurance and what not, so OF COURSE they have to bake those costs in when billing insurance.

That said, I was NOT aware of it not accruing against the deductible. When did that change?!
    The provider administrative fees can’t be “baked” in if they already negotiated a fee with your insurance.

Why bother having insurance if you don’t use it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums