Page 1427 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... LastLast
Results 35,651 to 35,675 of 46041
    Driveway ain't gonna plow itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    He gotchya by the short ‘n curlies, I reckon!
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Driveway ain't gonna plow itself.
    Yup and yup.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My snowplow guy waits till winter to tell me that he is doubling the price per plow.
    Don’t know why he’d tell ya in the summer. Gives you a chance to shop around. But in case you haven’t noticed, everything costs more now. Gas and trucks, and truck parts, tires, employees, etc etc

Shit that annoys you

Fucking Marketplace.

It’s bad enough it’s a Facebook property, but using it is such a pain in the ass.

Scroll past something and want to find it again? Too bad! We updated your entire feed because you clicked on some other thing.

Searching for big unshippable things like a stove or lawnmower or truck wheels? We’re going to include mostly listings that are across the country! Oh and you can’t just set your default to be local only, we’ll update it to shipping+local EVERY FUCKING TIME.

FB doesn’t want you to sell things, they want to sell ads for you to sell things which is why it sucks so bad. It’s a profit center not a feature

Android updates that make shit look different, and move shit around, just so you know there was an update.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Android updates that make shit look different, and move shit around, just so you know there was an update.
    Mine just did that.

Why the hell did the alarm screen need to be reconfigured?

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fuck United.
    This bears repeating/

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this still happens on flights from SLC into JH on Delta.
    if a bunch of passengers are on delayed flights they will hold the plane.
    this has saved me many times. maybe my luggage won’t make it, but nbd.
    I’m guessing it also has to do with us having no connecting flights in Jackson so it’s not impacting more flights to wait a bit.
    They did this all time when I lived and traveled out of Bozeman for work. It helped when it was usually the last Delta flight in for the night.

Whether you’re a proponent of the Oxford comma or not, you gotta pick a lane. I’m plagiarizing long boring policy documents and these fuckin’ guys….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Whether you’re a proponent of the Oxford comma or not, you gotta pick a lane. I’m plagiarizing long boring policy documents and these fuckin’ guys….
    Name:  what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  34.2 KB

Corporate re-orgs. I've seen this happen sooooo many times at work - my job never changes, just the people not fixing any problems are different.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Corporate re-orgs. I've seen this happen sooooo many times at work - my job never changes, just the people not fixing any problems are different.
    Do we work in the same place???

Android
    Yup.

Why does Critical Race Theory freak people out? Does looking at racism through a different viewpoint really scare you? Racism has been a part of our nations history wether you like it or not learning about it shouldn’t be banned like some people have tried
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Why does Critical Race Theory freak people out? Does looking at racism through a different viewpoint really scare you? Racism has been a part of our nations history wether you like it or not learning about it shouldn’t be banned like some people have tried
    Boom!

Two calls so far today from callers in a thick accent that I can only guess as South Asian. It's regarding 'open enrollment'. JFC.

It took me 13 separate calls to get someone to cancel two Viasat internet accounts. The Final Boss didn’t understand what I was trying to accomplish, and only managed to cancel one (I think ), but after wasting my morning, I’ll take it.

Except that is not exactly what CRT is.

Also, racism is prevalent all over the world and is not just whites against people of color. I've worked in manufacturing for years with very diverse work forces. People of all races hate other races, not all of course, but they dislike them because they are different races. It's the human race, not just whites in America. Evil shit happened throughout history and still happens today, but damned if I am apologizing for what some assholes did 200 years ago or today.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post

Also, racism is prevalent all over the world and is not just whites against people of color. I've worked in manufacturing for years with very diverse work forces. People of all races hate other races, not all of course, but they dislike them because they are different races. It's the human race, not just whites in America. Evil shit happened throughout history and still happens today, but damned if I am apologizing for what some assholes did 200 years ago or today.
    Pretty clear it’s you that doesn’t understand what critical race theory is exactly

And this is why we need CRT. ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Pretty clear it’s you that doesn’t understand what critical race theory is exactly
    Could be. If so I have no problem owning up to it. I guess a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Edited: I see what CRT is supposed to be and don't have a problem with that. The problem is that is not what is being taught in many schools. Examples are below and this is what i have heard is happening and what people are up in arms about. I haven't seen it myself, so ... Apologies for my ignorance or misstatement.

A recent poll by the advocacy group Parents Defending Education claimed some schools were teaching that “white people are inherently privileged, while Black and other people of color are inherently oppressed and victimized”; that “achieving racial justice and equality between racial groups requires discriminating against people based on their whiteness”

Opponents fear that CRT admonishes all white people for being oppressors while classifying all Black people as hopelessly oppressed victims. These fears have spurred school boards and state legislatures from Tennessee to Idaho to ban teachings about racism in classrooms. However, there is a fundamental problem: these narratives about CRT are gross exaggerations of the theoretical framework.

My understanding of the essence of CRT is that it lumps white people in to an "oppressor" group and everyone else in to the "oppressed" group. I know this is grossly oversimplified, but that's what happens at a children's curriculum level. Please tell me if this is incorrect.

I don't agree with teaching some children that they are oppressors and other children that they are oppressed.

I do support teaching our children the true history of oppression in this nation and how to recognize/stand against it. But to teach them they are part of the problem isn't helpful imo.

I know, spoken like a true oppressor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by waveshello; 10-22-2021 at 05:50 PM.

“white people are inherently privileged, while Black and other people of color are inherently oppressed and victimized”; that “achieving racial justice and equality between racial groups requires discriminating against people based on their whiteness”.
    The first statement is true.

The second statement does not sound like any CRT I've read.

I'm very leery of any group named Parents Defending Education.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Re: CRT.
    *Every single* argument I've ever heard against CRT starts with a straw-man argument. (Something like: "They're teaching our kids to hate themselves, and that the nation should be run by the black panther party and Muslims and communists!" So much to unpack right there, eh!? Who is "our" kids, hmmm?)
    The rest of the discussion is pointless, unless the person using the straw-man argument is willing to admit they are using (intentionally or not) a fabricated argument.

I suppose there's a person, somewhere, making some cogent argument against the way we teach about racism, but I'm afraid I've never ever heard it.

Kind of the same way that I'm sure there's some cogent argument in some corner case where a Covid vaccine might be less valuable. But again, I've never, EVER, heard anyone make a cogent argument like that. It's always bat-shit insane crazy drool, that's the equivalent of arguing that the tooth fairy exists. (Like: "I don't want my teenager to get the covid vax because I'm worried about carditis." Response: "Ah, have you considered what the risk of carditis is from getting Covid, to name a single risk?" Sounds a lot like; I'm worried about car crashes, so I'm going to leap out of this car at freeway speeds, because I think it will save me from a crash!)

In the whole, it tends to make me, nearly instantly, discount the intellectual honesty of anyone starting to make one of those arguments.

I've just never seen ANYONE make an argument (in those two realms) that isn't, at best, totally misguided and lacking in facts; believing factually crazy stuff - or at worst, being completely intellectually dishonest and intentionally devoid of any common definition of facts (Unwittingly believing BS, or "I'm gonna make shit up", completely knowing it's total bull-shit.).