Page 1280 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... LastLast
Results 31,976 to 32,000 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Only solution when an oncoming car has those super obnoxious headlights is to turn your brights on and leave them on till you pass. At least then you can kind of see. (They will flash their brights at you but fuck them.)
    Except my suby turns its brights off when another car is coming or in front of me or when my brights reflect off a sign. I suppose there's a way to turn off the "feature" but that would mean reading a manual that's longer than War and Peace plus the Bible--Old and New--combined.

Using a Book Index
    Turn to the very back of the book, where the index lives, and look up the topic you're interested in; topics are listed in alphabetical order. Once you find your topic, the page number next to your topic tells you which page to turn to so you can read about that topic.

Only solution when an oncoming car has those super obnoxious headlights is to turn your brights on and leave them on till you pass. At least then you can kind of see. (They will flash their brights at you but fuck them.)
    Or wait and turn your brights on right before you go past them. Up close and personal.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Using a Book Index
    Turn to the very back of the book, where the index lives, and look up the topic you're interested in; topics are listed in alphabetical order. Once you find your topic, the page number next to your topic tells you which page to turn to so you can read about that topic.
    Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Except my suby turns its brights off when another car is coming or in front of me or when my brights reflect off a sign. I suppose there's a way to turn off the "feature" but that would mean reading a manual that's longer than War and Peace plus the Bible--Old and New--combined.
    Try the index.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Or wait and turn your brights on right before you go past them. Up close and personal.
    But then I wouldn't get the joy of having them flash their brights at me, and me ignoring them.

I've noticed that a lot of newer vehicles have relatively high powered low beams with a very hard top line i.e. when properly aligned not an issue, but if the vehicle hits a bump or passes over a rise, the lows suddenly become highs as that hard line rises above your field of vision. Great for lots of flashy beam fights, when you can get all self-righteous and bring up your reserve of the really searing highs, and the opposition is, like, all "WHAT DA FUCK .... HE'S GOT BEAMS THAT GO TO 11?!?!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of newer vehicles have relatively high powered low beams with a very hard top line i.e. when properly aligned not an issue, but if the vehicle hits a bump or passes over a rise, the lows suddenly become highs as that hard line rises above your field of vision. Great for lots of flashy beam fights, when you can get all self-righteous and bring up your reserve of the really searing highs, and the opposition is, like, all "WHAT DA FUCK .... HE'S GOT BEAMS THAT GO TO 11?!?!?!?"
    I'm all too familiar with this. My new truck's headlights are perfectly adjusted, but I get flashed constantly on the highway because it just has bright ass headlights. I get flashed then flash back and people must be like "WhoA!"

It gets on my nerves that the favorite teams in sports lose more often than they should.Since I do sports betting, this means that I regularly lose more money than planned. Or maybe I should just look for another hobby.

Shit that annoys you

Speaking of lights.. The light bar fags who have them on while in town or on the highway, which is illegal. I had to almost come to a stop on a two lane road a couple weeks ago so as not to drive off the road while towing my boat one evening. Fuck you! At least my finger was illuminated well for him to see. Damn cops need to start cracking down on these douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I'm all too familiar with this. My new truck's headlights are perfectly adjusted, but I get flashed constantly on the highway because it just has bright ass headlights. I get flashed then flash back and people must be like "WhoA!"
    More like: Asshole!

I may get a laser so I can blind them.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mae378 View Post
    It gets on my nerves that the favorite teams in sports lose more often than they should. Since I do sports betting, this means that I regularly lose more money than planned. Or maybe I should just look for another hobby.
    or maybe stop taking the obvious favorites? no parleys either. if you can't win one game, you certainly can't win two. oh, and your black font is annoying AF : )

Call customer service. Hold for 10 minutes.

10 minutes later, your hold time is over 30 minutes. Would you like a call back? Press 1.

I press 1

An hour later, phone rings. This is your call back. Please hold for next representative.

Wait 15 minutes until rep joins call.

I see you called Verizon. Poor bastard.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Speaking of lights.. The light bar fags who have them on while in town or on the highway, which is illegal. I had to almost come to a stop on a two lane road a couple weeks ago so as not to drive off the road while towing my boat one evening. Fuck you! At least my finger was illuminated well for him to see. Damn cops need to start cracking down on these douche bags.
    Srsly - fuckers have a giant 400-million lumens bar above the windshield and a 250-million bar on the grill. Fuck those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I see you called Verizon. Poor bastard.
    Actually, it was one of those POD-like moving companies. To add to my annoyance, I was calling to see when they could come pick my POD up after leaving voicemails for a pick up date for nearly a week, all the while paying monthly rent. Today I was told it would be 3 weeks until they could pick it up.

The delay obviously means I wont have my shit for a while longer, but I learned that I am still supposed to pay rent until they can pick it up.

Try the index.

But then I wouldn't get the joy of having them flash their brights at me, and me ignoring them.
    But what about the joy of them being blinded and landing in the ditch upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Actually, it was one of those POD-like moving companies. To add to my annoyance, I was calling to see when they could come pick my POD up after leaving voicemails for a pick up date for nearly a week, all the while paying monthly rent. Today I was told it would be 3 weeks until they could pick it up.

The delay obviously means I wont have my shit for a while longer, but I learned that I am still supposed to pay rent until they can pick it up.
    Fucking moving. There is no good way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Everyone telling me to vote. 4 more days of this shit.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Enterprise software companies that send out an email the Thursday evening before DST that basically says:

"We found a critical DST bug, and would strongly recommend you update your cluster to the "fixed" version, which isn't actually done yet. We're hoping it will be available Friday afternoon or at the latest, Saturday morning. And update before Sunday morning."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The devil's earwax. Excellent. Tell the truth. Did you make that up?
    I cannot take credit for that gem. It was the incomparable Lewis Black.

It even popped up on my Chromecast. I mean, great, but shit... I run Google Photos on my Chromecast so I don't have to see other ad-laden garbage. #annoying

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Enterprise software companies that send out an email the Thursday evening before DST that basically says:

"We found a critical DST bug, and would strongly recommend you update your cluster to the "fixed" version, which isn't actually done yet. We're hoping it will be available Friday afternoon or at the latest, Saturday morning. And update before Sunday morning."

They can go fuck themselves, with a cactus. Sideways.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

EBay, charging me sales tax, on a person to person transaction with someone in Japan. Fuck them.

Even better, eBay (and the states) charging taxes on items that are used, that were purchased new and taxes paid at time of original purchase.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.