Page 1705 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... LastLast
Results 42,601 to 42,625 of 46279
    Citibank credit cards.

• Got a statement for a card I never use, with a $155 balance. Look online and it's Mcafee. Fucking scammers.
    • Try to dispute online, their system tells me I have to do it on the phone and gives me a number to call.
    • Call that number, and the man from India tells me that I cannot dispute with the phone number I called, there is a different number I need to call. I am dumbfounded that I called the number I was asked to call and not only is it not the right number, but he cannot even transfer me (I did not yell or use bad language, but I did express frustration). He hangs up on me.
    • Call the number on the back of my card, and they try to tell me this is an autorenewal recurring charge, as if it is my mistake and not fraudulent. It's fucking Mcafee, you idiots! I calmly explain to him that these are known scammers, I didn't sign up for this and never signed up for this, it is not my charge.
    • They said the charge came from a "mobile wallet" which seemed to be why they were believing it to be legit; this must be a new tactic Mcafee has figured out.
    • They are sending me a new card and investigating.
    • I am amazed that simply uttering the words Mcafee isn't enough to get them to reverse the charge.
    • This is only a backup card, so I am very inclined just to cancel it given the shitty experience for a card I never even use.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Aspens.

They're beautiful but their roots, what a GD mess. Going to have to dig up a YUGE section of lawn to fix the underground sprinkler system.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I have a citibank card that was migrated over from a different bank. Tried to setup online access - denied. Called them, "What's your billing address and dob?" I tell them. "Hmmm... that's not the dob we have" (so obviously there was a communication problem between the banks) "Ok, so how do I fix this?" "I don't know" "Can you transfer me to someone who does?" "Not at the moment. You'll just have to call back another time"

What. The. FUCK?

That's citibank.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Two yards into a ten yard mulching. I’m annoyed. And tired. Can’t I just chill in n a Sunday.
    You don’t have slingers where you are?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Aspens.

They're beautiful but their roots, what a GD mess. Going to have to dig up a YUGE section of lawn to fix the underground sprinkler system.
    I took down an aspen in my yard, and then for months later was putting some godawful tree-icide on the cut saplings that kept popping up all over the yard. Eventually I killed the root system.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

Ya I thought one of my neighbors was excavating for a pool or somethjng but turns out they were just having all the aspen hell children dug out of the yard

My bank got acquired by US Bank. They're in the process of migrating customers over this month.

Since the acquisition was announced it's been a constant stream of mailings, emails and notifications. Now they're actually in the migration process this has continued. Rather than send everything you need in one package you get a mailer to tell you that you'll get a letter with your new account numbers. Those of course are changing, but they assure you US bank will notify your automated payment recipients of the change. Sure you will..... Then another mailer and multiple emails to tell me to expect cards in the mail....at some point. This should be fun...

Banks.

All of 'em.

Everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Banks.

All of 'em.

Everywhere.
    Credit Unions are light years ahead of banks, and even they pretty much are terrible.

Fact.

Seemingly great dog boarding place I found a month ago institutes a summer 3 night minimum. No sweat, I submit a request for 3 nights next month. Get rejected and I ask why, am told that I don't meet their 7 night minimum. I ask about the 7 night minimum, say I follow them on FB and read their FAQs and don't see that anywhere. Today on FB they post a 7 night minimum. Which is annoying. And 7 night minimum for boarding seems really harsh. Guess I need to find another boarding place.

Reminds me of a local garden centre I used to frequent. Cashing out one day I casually mention to the guy running the place "wow that's the best price for brugmansia's I've ever seen!"

Was so happy with the price I went back a few days later for more and they were suddenly twice as much.

FB Marketplace. It's like the anti-craigslist where all the sellers are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Speak for yourself, I just got a killer assortment of 400+ flies for $10 there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sounds like "Fishing Widow's Revenge" sale.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ha! I got a bunch of "oh, that's sold"

Well mark it as sold, or better yet delete it.

Click on a Denver Post article link, first time I have clicked on one in months, and get the popup "You've reached your article limit". Limit is zero, I guess?

I went to the dump last weekend and now they have a tip jar.

A tip jar. At the dump.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I went to the dump last weekend and now they have a tip jar.

A tip jar. At the dump.
    Le Sigh.

I'd put that in the "amuse" thread.

My local dump has a no scavenging sign which I find amusing as well. Like they're not willing to trade their slightly better garbage.

I was dumping a 1000 lbs of dirt a few weeks ago and someone next to me dumped 4 aluminum rims...pretty sure an employee ran over to pick those up. I was annoyed I had to pay and couldn't dump in the clean fill dirt area...also other people next to me dumped yard waste when they should have dumped it in the compost area(for free).

I just learned today that employers aren't required to extend health insurance benefits to spouses, only children. My wife's employer decided they are going to change their policy in the middle of the fucking year! I have good insurance through my job that I can use, but seriously, WITAF? I told her she should put in her 2 weeks, but, its complicated of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I saw a listing for some Thule upright kayak racks, that were listed as being bike front wheel holders. Messaged the seller and told them what they really had, with a link showing they were worth a lot more than they were asking (link to the rack, new). Idiot seller replied "well, we used them for bike wheels. Are you interested?"

They popped up again in my FB marketplace feed, no change, same wrong listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Buy and arbitrage? Lol

Today’s Supreme Court ruling is pretty annoying if you care about clean water:

One last time: “Adjacent” means neighboring, whether or not touching; so, for example, a wetland is adjacent to water on the other side of a sand dune. That congressional judgment is as clear as clear can be—which is to say, as clear as language gets. And so a clear-statement rule must leave it alone. The majority concludes otherwise because it is using its thumb not to resolve ambiguity or clarify vagueness, but instead to “correct” breadth.
    Kagan is clear that the conservative majority is rewriting the words of Congress not because of any ambiguity—there isn't any—but simply because they believe the current wetlands rules go too far.

https://jabberwocking.com/supreme-co...wetlands-case/